HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/CBJ] Rick Nash+Steven Delisle+3rd for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st (part III)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 03:31 AM
  #301
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 8,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
Nope what?
a quick check on hockeydb shows Helm's numbers are not on par with Dubinsky's and Anisimov's

Quote:
and believe whatever you want.
yeah, i believe the Wings brought up those players in different offers and some newspaper for the sake of getting sensational and criticizing Howson put all the 4 forwards in the same package.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:31 AM
  #302
clownquestionbro*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Ummm, okay?
OMGSZ THE RANGERS ***** THE JACKETS!!!S!!!!111

yah, i'm dealing with facts and that is all you have to say. typical hf.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:41 AM
  #303
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Christian Thomas does not represent anything new or interesting w/r/t our forward prospect pool. Given Erixon's likely path to the NHL, replacing him with a boom-or-bust guy seems silly.



And they're all Red Wings, which would therefore have required that Nash be a Red Wing. And the only acceptable scenario for that would have involved out-and-out crippling the Red Wings.

I recognize that this is an extremely hard concept for some Wings fans to accept... but y'all don't have the inside track on every major available star by default. Particularly when three of those available stars originated within the division, from two teams that have an endless supply of good reasons to resent your performance since the dawn of their existence.

This summer is not your summer. Accept it. Move on. Because right now, thanks to the bulk of the rational Wings fans recognizing that they were only peripherally involved in these deals and thus sensibly not showing up for the denouement, folks like you have become the most notably visible Wings representatives in this and the Weber thread, and y'all are doing a very good job of making the Wings fanbase as a whole come across as jealous jilted suitors. And as much as I can't stand most Wings fans, in the balance I still have to admit to myself that that really isn't a fair characterization and so am compelled to give some warning against it.

(In the interest of honesty and full disclosure, I must also admit that I am nonetheless enjoying it entirely too much. )



Thanks for sharing.
I understand teams in our own division don't want to do business with us, and that Sutter wanted to follow his friend to Minnesota, but you have to understand that Detroit fans are have been used to seeing elite teams for around 20 years now. It isn't like Nashville where people suddenly became hockey fans after the NHL granted their city an expansion franchise (which they didn't deserve) and are happy with merely winning a playoff series. If we seem a bit spoiled it is because we are very spoiled.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:44 AM
  #304
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
a quick check on hockeydb shows Helm's numbers are not on par with Dubinsky's and Anisimov's


yeah, i believe the Wings brought up those players in different offers and some newspaper for the sake of getting sensational and criticizing Howson put all the 4 forwards in the same package.
Helm's numbers were slightly below those of Anisimov and Dubinsky's and considering Helm is a 3rd or 4th line player depending, I'd say he's on par with both of those guys. Franzen and Fillpula put up much better numbers than anyone involved in that trade so your point is pretty much moot. Yes clearly newspapers have a vendetta against the highly successful GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:47 AM
  #305
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Nash isn't a 60 point guy... He played for a crap team with crap as a center for the better part of his career... Best on Best for TC he's been a force...

He's lazy yes, and probably stopped trying in Columbus awhile ago...

I would have held out as long as possible.
Then we should question Nash's work ethic. I wouldnt want a player that doesnt give it all for his team. Which is something I dont believe, he's a really good player, not a great one. He will probably bump his scoring quite a bit but not to 50 goals and 100 points that some believe, closer to 80 is more like it

And for the offer some say the Red Wings did. I do not believe it, that would seriously cripple the Red Wings more than it would've gained by trading for Nash.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:59 AM
  #306
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Interesting trade, which IMO the NYR have won by a mile. I didn't even get the impression Howsen was pleased with the return at the press conference.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:37 AM
  #307
DatsyukOwns
Hero
 
DatsyukOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Interesting trade, which IMO the NYR have won by a mile. I didn't even get the impression Howsen was pleased with the return at the press conference.
Probably not. I am sure he wanted more but maybe teams started to pull out with the crazy return he wanted for nash.

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:12 AM
  #308
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr
 
captain9nyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I wouldnt call it a fail. The pieces cbj recieved definitely have lots of upside. Only time will tell if this is a fail. Entirely to early to judge this deal.
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality.

1. Brandon Dubinsky

Brandon Dubinsky is never going to live up to that contract. As soon as he signed it, he was a different player. He's already shown his best work, and he did that playing as a secondary piece on the Rangers. The Blue Jackets don't have pieces that make Dubinsky secondary. He had to be moved because of the contract from the Rangers side, but that helps the Rangers more than it helps the Blue Jackets. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

2. Artem Anisimov

Artem Anisimov has been expected to take the leap for 2 years now, and it hasn't happened. He is what he is. He will show flashes, but he's best suited to play a very secondary role, ideally on your 3rd line, but can play 2nd. He's not going to score 25 goals, he's not going to be a power play guy. He's defensively responsible. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

3. Tim Erixon

If you honestly believe this kid is going to apply himself and be all he can be in a Blue Jackets uniform, you're all high. You should see his facebook lately. He's putting up Hoobastank videos of "Crawling In The Dark" and moping around like someone ran over his dog, backed up, and did it again. He's crushed. He did everything he could to get to New York, and this is what happened. He will go back to Sweden and play in the SEL or wait until he gets free and go elsewhere, likely back to the Rangers or an Atlantic team so he can get back at the Rangers. This guy isn't going to work out in Columbus. Too much immaturity.

4. 1st round pick.

"With the (27-30)th pick in the 2013 NHL draft..."

I wanted Nash for the Rangers, my only fear was the pieces going back. This deal was better than I could have ever imagined. They got rid of 2 pieces that likely weren't going to help this team, a defenseman that while his ceiling is high, wasn't a necessity, and a pick.

All the posturing by Scott Howson about "Well we have a value set for Nash and we're going to wait until we get it blah blah blah..." He got scared when the Flyers went after Weber because that was one more team down that he could trade Nash to, so it was Rangers or Red Wings, and he wasn't trading with Detroit. Sather called, played the "I'm the last buyer in the store, how bad do you want to sell this car?" card and made the deal. Thank you Paul Holmgren for making this finally happen.

But, to all the people spinning this as if Columbus got valuable things, as a Rangers fan, I'm point blank telling you, these are the Rangers very, very expendable pieces. Nobody in New York without the blue-colored glasses is upset in the least that any of them are gone. That's just the reality.


Last edited by spiny norman: 07-25-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: warning given
captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:32 AM
  #309
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality.

1. Brandon Dubinsky

Brandon Dubinsky is never going to live up to that contract. As soon as he signed it, he was a different player. He's already shown his best work, and he did that playing as a secondary piece on the Rangers. The Blue Jackets don't have pieces that make Dubinsky secondary. He had to be moved because of the contract from the Rangers side, but that helps the Rangers more than it helps the Blue Jackets. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

2. Artem Anisimov

Artem Anisimov has been expected to take the leap for 2 years now, and it hasn't happened. He is what he is. He will show flashes, but he's best suited to play a very secondary role, ideally on your 3rd line, but can play 2nd. He's not going to score 25 goals, he's not going to be a power play guy. He's defensively responsible. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

3. Tim Erixon

If you honestly believe this kid is going to apply himself and be all he can be in a Blue Jackets uniform, you're all high. You should see his facebook lately. He's putting up Hoobastank videos of "Crawling In The Dark" and moping around like someone ran over his dog, backed up, and did it again. He's crushed. He did everything he could to get to New York, and this is what happened. He will go back to Sweden and play in the SEL or wait until he gets free and go elsewhere, likely back to the Rangers or an Atlantic team so he can get back at the Rangers. This guy isn't going to work out in Columbus. Too much immaturity.

4. 1st round pick.

"With the (27-30)th pick in the 2013 NHL draft..."

I wanted Nash for the Rangers, my only fear was the pieces going back. This deal was better than I could have ever imagined. They got rid of 2 pieces that likely weren't going to help this team, a defenseman that while his ceiling is high, wasn't a necessity, and a pick.

All the posturing by Scott Howson about "Well we have a value set for Nash and we're going to wait until we get it blah blah blah..." He got scared when the Flyers went after Weber because that was one more team down that he could trade Nash to, so it was Rangers or Red Wings, and he wasn't trading with Detroit. Sather called, played the "I'm the last buyer in the store, how bad do you want to sell this car?" card and made the deal. Thank you Paul Holmgren for making this finally happen.

But, to all the people spinning this as if Columbus got valuable things, as a Rangers fan, I'm point blank telling you, these are the Rangers very, very expendable pieces. Nobody in New York without the blue-colored glasses is upset in the least that any of them are gone. That's just the reality.



Last edited by spiny norman: 07-25-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: quoted edited post
BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:33 AM
  #310
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality.


But, to all the people spinning this as if Columbus got valuable things, as a Rangers fan, I'm point blank telling you, these are the Rangers very, very expendable pieces. Nobody in New York without the blue-colored glasses is upset in the least that any of them are gone. That's just the reality.
Thanks for that "un-biased" opinion, from a Rangers fan.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
  #311
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Really. it's not like the team slept with your wife or sold your kids drugs or something. They just aren't good at hockey. Hate is such a strong word for not liking a team.
its probably because of that whole "Zherdev" (who's Ukrainian) thing.....

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:26 AM
  #312
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality.

1. Brandon Dubinsky

Brandon Dubinsky is never going to live up to that contract. As soon as he signed it, he was a different player. He's already shown his best work, and he did that playing as a secondary piece on the Rangers. The Blue Jackets don't have pieces that make Dubinsky secondary. He had to be moved because of the contract from the Rangers side, but that helps the Rangers more than it helps the Blue Jackets. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

2. Artem Anisimov

Artem Anisimov has been expected to take the leap for 2 years now, and it hasn't happened. He is what he is. He will show flashes, but he's best suited to play a very secondary role, ideally on your 3rd line, but can play 2nd. He's not going to score 25 goals, he's not going to be a power play guy. He's defensively responsible. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.

3. Tim Erixon

If you honestly believe this kid is going to apply himself and be all he can be in a Blue Jackets uniform, you're all high. You should see his facebook lately. He's putting up Hoobastank videos of "Crawling In The Dark" and moping around like someone ran over his dog, backed up, and did it again. He's crushed. He did everything he could to get to New York, and this is what happened. He will go back to Sweden and play in the SEL or wait until he gets free and go elsewhere, likely back to the Rangers or an Atlantic team so he can get back at the Rangers. This guy isn't going to work out in Columbus. Too much immaturity.

4. 1st round pick.

"With the (27-30)th pick in the 2013 NHL draft..."

I wanted Nash for the Rangers, my only fear was the pieces going back. This deal was better than I could have ever imagined. They got rid of 2 pieces that likely weren't going to help this team, a defenseman that while his ceiling is high, wasn't a necessity, and a pick.

All the posturing by Scott Howson about "Well we have a value set for Nash and we're going to wait until we get it blah blah blah..." He got scared when the Flyers went after Weber because that was one more team down that he could trade Nash to, so it was Rangers or Red Wings, and he wasn't trading with Detroit. Sather called, played the "I'm the last buyer in the store, how bad do you want to sell this car?" card and made the deal. Thank you Paul Holmgren for making this finally happen.

But, to all the people spinning this as if Columbus got valuable things, as a Rangers fan, I'm point blank telling you, these are the Rangers very, very expendable pieces. Nobody in New York without the blue-colored glasses is upset in the least that any of them are gone. That's just the reality.
Dubinsky WILL get back to his 20+ goals and 25+ assists for a 45-50+ point average. He WILL live up to the contract because scoring goals is NOT all that he does. Very good PKer, will stick up for his teammates. A solid 2nd line forward.

Anisimov was shifted to win thsi past season after playing his career as a center and it affected his game. He never got comfortable with the line shuffling from Trots and overall, his numbers suffered. Better suited as a 3rd line center, you can still expect 15+ goals and 20+ assists from him on a regular basis. I would expect AA to hover in the 35-45 point range. However in a different system, his game may flourish and I can see him getting closer to a 50 point season a few times in his career.

Erixon would not have been part of the trade if Howson didn't get assurances that he would be willing to play there. There's to much baggage there not to have forced Howson to investigate that a lot further than just allowing Sather to throw his name in there and accept that on a "trust me" basis.

The first is hopefully going to be a late one.

No one wanted to trade Dubi, AA or Erixon. What we acknowledge and accept is that we needed another top line threat. In order to do that you HAVE to give up talent. Dubinsky was the likely choice because of the combination of both talent and high salary. In a capped world, young inexpensive forwards carry alot of value and THAT IS WHY we were so firm on keeping Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, McD and MDZ.

There are always going to be someone trying to downplay what we gave up, but the truth of the matter is that you got 2 quality forwards and a top 50 prospect.


Last edited by spiny norman: 07-25-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: quoted edited post
pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:38 AM
  #313
Live from Rexall
Registered User
 
Live from Rexall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London, UK
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality.

1. Brandon Dubinsky

Brandon Dubinsky is never going to live up to that contract. As soon as he signed it, he was a different player. He's already shown his best work, and he did that playing as a secondary piece on the Rangers. The Blue Jackets don't have pieces that make Dubinsky secondary. He had to be moved because of the contract from the Rangers side, but that helps the Rangers more than it helps the Blue Jackets. The Rangers fans loved him because he was home grown, and that's a new thing for us. If he was someone they got via trade, the hype around him and the love for him is non-existant.
Let a hockey fan bring you back to reality

The reason Howson waited was because he wanted the 2013 pick not the 2012 fair enought the next draft is suppose to be so deep someone he would have got at 30 next year may have been 10th this year.

I am quite sure Rick Nash hasn't and will not live up to his contract. 59th in scoring and -19 this year, 31st in 2010-2011 and a +2, 37th in 2009-2010 with a -2 Hes a career -71 all while being the 6th highest cap hit in the NHL. I give it 3 years till he becomes the whipping boy in NY because of that contract.

Howson may have lost this deal but he wasn't robbed.This trade makes Columbus a better team then they were before they made it.

Look at the Oilers Pronger trade to Anahiem at the time we were robbed hard by Anahiem. But looking back that trade what we got turned into Jordan Eberle and Ladislav Smid. Only time will tell how this really goes!


Last edited by spiny norman: 07-25-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: quoted edited post
Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
  #314
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live from Rexall View Post

I am quite sure Rick Nash hasn't and will not live up to his contract. 59th in scoring and -19 this year, 31st in 2010-2011 and a +2, 37th in 2009-2010 with a -2 Hes a career -71 all while being the 6th highest cap hit in the NHL. I give it 3 years till he becomes the whipping boy in NY because of that contract.
I don't know if you got the memo. But he has been playing for the Columbus Blue Jackets. And you bring up plus minus?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:52 AM
  #315
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,019
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live from Rexall View Post
Look at the Oilers Pronger trade to Anahiem at the time we were robbed hard by Anahiem. But looking back that trade what we got turned into Jordan Eberle and Ladislav Smid. Only time will tell how this really goes!
Only time will tell? Time has told that the Oilers have failed to make the playoffs in six seasons (since Pronger left). Oh and the Ducks won the Cup.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:16 AM
  #316
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Only time will tell? Time has told that the Oilers have failed to make the playoffs in six seasons (since Pronger left). Oh and the Ducks won the Cup.
True, but the two teams have different priorities in a deal like that. If Eberle is a part of an Oilers team that becomes consistently competitive, then it's a win for them too. Eberle's only been in the league for 2 seasons. The Ducks got what they wanted out of it, which was short term success. The Oilers might be getting towards what they wanted out of it, which was long term success.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:19 AM
  #317
Howe Elbows 9
Registered User
 
Howe Elbows 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gävle, Sweden
Posts: 2,576
vCash: 476
As a Skellefteå AIK fan, I find the similarities between Erixon and Rundblad interesting (though of course there are some differences too, such as Erixon not signing with the Flames):
  • Both were drafted by teams in the Western Conference
  • Neither played any NHL or AHL games for the organizations that drafted them before being traded
  • Both were traded to the Eastern Conference
  • After making their North American playing debuts, they were both traded back to the Western Conference
  • A Canadian forward drafted among the top three selections went to both of the teams that traded them to their current organizations

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:24 AM
  #318
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,019
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
True, but the two teams have different priorities in a deal like that. If Eberle is a part of an Oilers team that becomes consistently competitive, then it's a win for them too. Eberle's only been in the league for 2 seasons. The Ducks got what they wanted out of it, which was short term success. The Oilers might be getting towards what they wanted out of it, which was long term success.
I get that.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
  #319
Live from Rexall
Registered User
 
Live from Rexall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London, UK
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Only time will tell? Time has told that the Oilers have failed to make the playoffs in six seasons (since Pronger left). Oh and the Ducks won the Cup.
This is the reason we now have Eberle. We had our chance in 06. Thats when that team peaked. after years of mediocrity and trading away the future for an 8th or 9th place finish this rebuild needed to be done only thing is it should have started 2 years sooner!

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
  #320
War Admiral
Registered User
 
War Admiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Any body else suprised that Howson didn't wait a few days to see how the Shea Weber situation was going to unfold? I'm sure the Flyers would have continued their pursuit for Nash once they found out that Weber wasn't coming their way (or at least to jack up the price for a rival). At least Howson could have started a "little" bidding war.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
  #321
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Let a Rangers fan bring you back to reality...
He have never posted anything like that PRIOR to the trade. Even more, a year ago after Richards was signed he expected Anisimov to center 2nd line ahead of Stepan and penciled Wolski to the 1st line wing! Looks like he's never been realistic himself.
He deserves some credit for being almost right about Nash's value:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=649
Quote:
A Rangers deal for Nash should look something like this:
Brandon Dubinsky or Artem Anisimov, Michael Del Zotto, #1 pick or Christian Thomas.
I find that to be more than adequate
So prior to the trade he thought that Dubi OR Anisimov would have been adequate value as an addition to the 1st and MDZ (who was replaced by Erixon). But when Howson got both of them - he claims that CBJ GM lost the trade badly.
The logic is missing in his statements.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
  #322
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.
 
WornWithPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Town in Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post

So prior to the trade he thought that Dubi OR Anisimov would have been adequate value as an addition to the 1st and MDZ (who was replaced by Erixon). But when Howson got both of them - he claims that CBJ GM lost the trade badly.
The logic is missing in his statements.
In his defense:
MDZ > Erixon
compensate by adding Anisimov

IMO, the more I look at this trade, the more I like it for NYR. That being said, NYR has a long history of spending money on big names and building from free agency and failling in the long run. They had a good core of home grown players and they really shouldn't mess around too much with that.

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
  #323
bigblue21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
He have never posted anything like that PRIOR to the trade. Even more, a year ago after Richards was signed he expected Anisimov to center 2nd line ahead of Stepan and penciled Wolski to the 1st line wing! Looks like he's never been realistic himself.
He deserves some credit for being almost right about Nash's value:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=649

So prior to the trade he thought that Dubi OR Anisimov would have been adequate value as an addition to the 1st and MDZ (who was replaced by Erixon). But when Howson got both of them - he claims that CBJ GM lost the trade badly.
The logic is missing in his statements.
Well, MDZ and Erixon are not equal. MDZ is already a solid NHL defenseman at 22 with offensive ability. Erixon, while likely a guy who can be in the top 2 pairings for a team in the NHL, hasn't done that yet.

But agreed, I don't think it's as big a loss of a trade for CBJ as some are making it out to be. All 4 parts of the trade from the Rangers are good pieces with some upside. There is no Wayne Primeau (Thornton trade) or Jonathan Cheechoo (Heatley trade) here.

bigblue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
  #324
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
You guys were saying how Nash's contract decreasing his market value. DelZotto doesn't have contract yet wile Erixon's ELC expires only in 2 years. So wile MDZ proved much more at the highest level the contract situation and Erixon's potential makes them very close in terms of value.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
  #325
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dangles View Post
Does anyone really think Howson even entertained the idea of trading Nash inner division? I mean, I suppose he may have listened to offers. And Holland wouldn't give up all that do a division rival. They don't need Nash anyway, they need D.

Personally, I don't think this was as terrible of a trade as alot make it out to be.
Columbus did make an intra-division trade this very year, that being the Kris Russell for Nikita Nikitin deal.

Obviously this isn't quite the same, but it's not like there's an inherent opposition to doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
I can't find the article online, but it definitely was in the print edition a few days ago. I know I can't validate my claim. It seems that Colmbus wanted Smith and Nyquist and that Detroit was unwilling to give up both. Either way I like the Rangers so I hope they are able to bring home a cup with Nash in their lineup.
So, you've been saying that Columbus would not trade Nash within the division at all to the point that no calls were made/returned....and yet there apparently was actual discussion. Okay then.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.