Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

vCash: 500
Hey guys, just trying to get an idea of what some of the teams around the NHL are going to look like next season. What are your projected lines currently? (assuming Ryan stays)

Old
07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I disagree. If Doan signs in say Pittsburgh or NYR, then other Eastern teams may up their offers to try and establish a top line player. Also, I'm sure Philadelphia would rather be able to acquire Doan without giving up any assets than pay a significant price to get Ryan. If they miss out on Doan they could be willing to give up more to guarantee a top line player coming in. Ryan is more of a long term solution assuming he re-signs where he is traded to why isn't a guarantee at all but teams like the Flyers are looking to win now as much as they are long term.

I know Doan isn't exactly on Ryans level but once he signs somewhere it could impact on what teams are willing to offer for Ryan.
There is only one division that would have any impact on, and interest wouldn't wain elsewhere. There'd still be ongoing talks whether the trade was about to go down or it was weeks away. Just because that is the region du jour for the hacks in the gossip community are pandering to, right now, doesn't mean that everyone else isn't interested. The only difference would be that Murray would hold out on making the trade till then. This sounds more like a scenario cooked up at HF than one that would play out in the league. Usually when there's a hold up like that it's because there's a bigger fish out there. Think about it this way, if there was going to be a mad scramble once the free agency pool was drained, then we would still be waiting on Rick Nash's situation to resolve itself.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
Hey guys, just trying to get an idea of what some of the teams around the NHL are going to look like next season. What are your projected lines currently? (assuming Ryan stays)
We don't know. Our lines are up in the air, even if Ryan stays. All I can say is that Getzlaf and Perry will be on the first line, and Teemu will be on the second line...probably; Fowler and Beauch will be top pairing; Sbisa should be on the second pairing; Hiller and Fasth in net.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It would NOT be as bad as Bobby's rant. GM's don't spend their days denying rumors. Most rumors receive no comment from anyone within the teams they're directed at.
Ignoring the situation just makes things worse. If he's doing anything "just to make Bobby sweat", he's letting emotions get in the way of his job, and that's stupid. It wouldn't suprise me as IMO, Murray has made moves due to emotion (Wiz), however I hope that isn't the reason. I hope that if he has no intention of trading Ryan, he meets with him ASAP, or as soon as he's sure he doesn't want to move him. Clearing the air is better for the team moving forward.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Quote:
We don't know. Our lines are up in the air, even if Ryan stays. All I can say is that Getzlaf and Perry will be on the first line, and Teemu will be on the second line...probably; Fowler and Beauch will be top pairing; Sbisa should be on the second pairing; Hiller and Fasth in net.
Ok cool, thanks for the input. Good luck to you guys this season.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Is this true?
https://twitter.com/WharnsbyCBC/stat...31784295940096

I thought Cumiskey was under contract with Modo of the SEL?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
Kinda hard to speculate now, as it seems like their has to be at least 1 more player obtained. I'll play along though, with current roster I'd say this:

DSP-Getz-Perry
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Winnik-Bonino/Holland-Beleskey
Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Geunin

Hiller
Fasth

Old
07-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Ignoring the situation just makes things worse. If he's doing anything "just to make Bobby sweat", he's letting emotions get in the way of his job, and that's stupid. It wouldn't suprise me as IMO, Murray has made moves due to emotion (Wiz), however I hope that isn't the reason. I hope that if he has no intention of trading Ryan, he meets with him ASAP, or as soon as he's sure he doesn't want to move him. Clearing the air is better for the team moving forward.
Not addressing rumors isn't ignoring the situation. He can talk to Bobby and still leave the rumors out there without comment. If it's true that the rumors were originating from the teams bidding on Nash, then letting Bobby deal with a mess of his own making is no different than any other infraction you may have to deal with in your workplace.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:56 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Kinda hard to speculate now, as it seems like their has to be at least 1 more player obtained. I'll play along though, with current roster I'd say this:

DSP-Getz-Perry
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Winnik-Bonino/Holland-Beleskey
Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Geunin

Hiller
Fasth
I'm so sick of seeing this. Bobby Ryan is our best left winger, why would he be put on the third line? And everyone wants Cogliano traded but suddenly he's higher on the depth chart than Bobby? Why do so many people keep doing this?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I think Doan is semi related to Ryan. I dont think it would hold anything up, but it's definitely a possibility. I think it's more of a possibility of someone making a reaction trade. If he signs with Pittsburg, Philly may be more inclined to overpay. Basically I believe that no one is willing to meet Murray's demands so he figured he would wait a little while and see if someone caves, maybe after Doan signs before moving on.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Is this true?

Is there some sort of 'out clause'?

Old
07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I think Bobby will get traded at some point in the next year or two, but not this offseason. Could be one of those 'out of the blue' trades.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I'm so sick of seeing this. Bobby Ryan is our best left winger, why would he be put on the third line? And everyone wants Cogliano traded but suddenly he's higher on the depth chart than Bobby? Why do so many people keep doing this?
Because honestly we cant afford to have our highest 3 forwards on one line. If that's the case, then Ryan definitely needs to be moved for more depth. Plus of the 40 games I watched last year, Ryan was clearly most effective when not on a line with Getz and Selanne.

When you don't have enough top 6 forwards, it's about finding the right fit. I believe Ryan and Palmieri showed great chemistry together. Cogs does nothing on the 4th line, and unfortunately he's the best option for the finns line. Hopefully the roster is upgraded so we don't have to rely so much on DSP, but based on last year, those look like the most likely lines IMO.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Exit Dose

Ryan also had no trouble lighting it up on the third line with Bonino and Palmieri/DSP. I'd go so far as to say that he played his best hockey last year on that line.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Quote:
Is there some sort of 'out clause'?
Well, I don't know! We (Modo fans) all thought this was a done deal!

Old
07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
He can talk to Bobby and still leave the rumors out there without comment. If it's true that the rumors were originating from the teams bidding on Nash, then letting Bobby deal with a mess of his own making is no different than any other infraction you may have to deal with in your workplace.
As long as he talks to Ryan I could care less what he says to the media. I thought you meant deliberately leaving Ryan in the dark, not specifically addressing the rumors.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Ryan also had no trouble lighting it up on the third line with Bonino and Palmieri/DSP. I'd go so far as to say that he played his best hockey last year on that line.
The whole 5 or 6 games he was with them? Ryan was most productive for long stretches when he was with Teemu and Koivu. There are no issues with him and Teemu playing together IMO. He played with Teemu and Ebbett a fair bit in his rookie year before he was moved up to Getzlaf's line after Kunitz was traded.

I would like to see something like this tried:

Palmieri/Etem - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - DSP
Beleskey - Bonino - Cogliano
Staubitz

Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa
Lydman - Souray

Old
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
The whole 5 or 6 games he was with them? Ryan was most productive for long stretches when he was with Teemu and Koivu. There are no issues with him and Teemu playing together IMO. He played with Teemu and Ebbett a fair bit in his rookie year before he was moved up to Getzlaf's line after Kunitz was traded.

I would like to see something like this tried:

Palmieri/Etem - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - DSP
Beleskey - Bonino - Cogliano
Staubitz

Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa
Lydman - Souray
He was with them for more than five or six games. The number that was estimated in that other thread was incorrect.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I thought he clearly played his best hockey on that line. Not just the scoresheet either. He just seemed more comfortable.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Ya he was with them more then that, and if that's truly the number, then he needs an extended time with them because he was clearly at his best with them IMO.

He had a few games where he played well with the Finns but I think he's a decent fit with Koivu but not Selanne. He wasn't near as good with them as he was with Bonino and Palmieri/DSP IMO.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Ya he was with them more then that, and if that's truly the number, then he needs an extended time with them because he was clearly at his best with them IMO.

He had a few games where he played well with the Finns but I think he's a decent fit with Koivu but not Selanne. He wasn't near as good with them as he was with Bonino and Palmieri/DSP IMO.
He played with Bonino quite a lot, he spent time on a line with him earlier on in the year before Palmieri was called up and while DSP was struggling and on the 4th line. The Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri/DSP line only came about near the end of the year for about 7 games and it was when Ryan was on one of those goal scoring streaks he goes on about 3 times a year. I don't think it was a good enough sample size to conclude he was at his best with them and I don't think that line will be able to consistetly produce over a full year.

I'd rather see us try and put together two scoring lines that can consistently produce than try and spread the scoring over three lines. Selanne deserves better than having to play another year with Koivu and Cogliano, he's better off getting some decent linemates in Ryan and Holland and it should help ease Holland into the 2nd line role playing with two veterans.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I agree with Paul, I'd love to see a Ryan - Holland - Selanne line. Do think Cogs - Koivu - Selanne will definitely be our default 2nd line when the season starts though. I don't think it's a good line at all, so I could see a RHS line come together before long.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:07 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Is this true?

Great news for the Ducks if it is. Confusing though lol.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Selanne138

Ryan plays his best with lesser players. I still think one of the best stretches of Ryan's career was the Ryan-Koivu-Sexton line. Obviously Sexton blows, but that line was great, because Ryan put K/S on his back and made that line good. Similar to how Ryan made Parros and Carter score in a the ~10 games he played with them in his rookie season.

IMO Ryan is a player who makes those around him better, but struggles when hes not the man facilitating the offense. Thats why he clicked with Koivu and Sexton, and made Sexton look like he could possibly hack it. And made Koivu look like a good 2C. Which is why it probably makes the most sense to use 3 scoring lines with Ryan on his own line, versus 2 and a shutdown unit, although I prefer that style of play. Id like Ryan-Holland-Selanne to work, but I dont know if thatd bring out the best in Teemu or Bobby, because we could have a shutdown line of DSP-Koivu-Winnik. But if Ryan-Bonino-DSP/KP allows Ryan to thrive then we should try it.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Paul4587

The other problem with giving Ryan a line with Bonino and Palmieri is that both the Getzlaf line and Koivu line each have weak links. I don't think DSP is close to being ready to playing with Getzlaf and Perry against other teams top defensive units and Cogliano and his stone hands (not to mention Koivu's declining offense) drag down the Selanne line.

Ryan plays best when he is the primary puck carrier on his line, which he would definitely be on a line with Holland and Selanne. It would also mean Selanne wouldn't have to handle the puck as much which is never a bad thing.

Closed Thread