Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
If we're breaking up Koivu and Teemu, we should put Teemu on the first line LW (I think he could adjust). Then make the second line Ryan - Holland - Palmieri. We all know Teemu produces with the twins on the PP (look at those PP goal numbers!), so why not try it full time? I mean, obviously we wouldn't want Teemu playing first line minutes all year long, but I think we could make it work. Not likely, but worth considering, IMO
That's been tried. Teemu is no good on the left side. The power play is different because it's played completely (in theory at least) in the offensive zone. Teemu and Koivu still work as a pair and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:18 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
i think bob is telling getz/perry "play for you're contract this year, and we will give you a more than reasonable offer at the end of this season" Bob needs to get these guys going for this team to do anything. A nice big contract wont help motivate them

Old
08-07-2012, 02:46 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
i think bob is telling getz/perry "play for you're contract this year, and we will give you a more than reasonable offer at the end of this season" Bob needs to get these guys going for this team to do anything. A nice big contract wont help motivate them
I hope not. Murray needs to be as proactive as possible with those two. The sooner they're signed, the better.

If they leave this franchise goes back to being irrelevant.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

It's unfortunate for the Ducks this happens at this point in time, especially with all the uncertainty with the CBA around tbh

Old
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
Like hell he is. After what happened to Parise and Suter he better be putting all of his effort into giving them new contracts right now. If both guys want to stay and want to help this franchise succeed they'll sign extensions before the CBA expires. It's too risky for either side to wait it out.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I` drunk yeah. But i`m worried about G-P. Look how ''franchise players'' Parise, Sutter did with their teams.

I can`t say i`m confident. And that worries me. I know a lot wont admit it, but even Toronto looks like at least possible destinations for at least one of them. (especially Perry)

Old
08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
It's unfortunate for the Ducks this happens at this point in time, especially with all the uncertainty with the CBA around tbh
It's not really "unfortunate." If they were that concerned then Burke could have changed the term. Although it was hard to predict when exactly the CBA would be up for renewal since it could have ended (I think) last or next year depending on 1-year extensions.

I think that's why Murray was so insistent on Ryan signing for the term he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I` drunk yeah. But i`m worried about G-P. Look how ''franchise players'' Parise, Sutter did with their teams.

I can`t say i`m confident. And that worries me. I know a lot wont admit it, but even Toronto looks like at least possible destinations for at least one of them. (especially Perry)
Perry has been so silent that it is hard to say much about what he'll do. But I don't really see Toronto as a possibility. True he did play in London, but he also generally doesn't seem like someone who would like the media attention. He could very well leave, but I'd say to another place like say Minnesota or something. Not a Canadian team.

Getzlaf would seem like a more likely choice for Toronto. Also a greater need there, so they'll be more likely to back up the money truck. Although he has been more vocal about wanting to stay and now has So Cal connections.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
aandbreatheme

[Mod EDIT: Please don't edit/delete post after it has been replied to. At least, when there's nothing against the rules in there.]

Duck fans, just had a question regarding Perry/Getzlaf: will Ryan's possible departure/Selanne inevitable retirement play a role in their decision to re-sign?

I hope they both remain in ANA, it would be pretty devastating (to the organization/fans) IF they both opted to leave.

Last edited by Vipers31: 08-08-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old
08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Duck fans, just had a question regarding Perry/Getzlaf: will Ryan's possible departure/Selanne inevitable retirement play a role in their decision to re-sign?

I hope they both remain in ANA, it would be pretty devastating (to the organization/fans) IF they both opted to leave.
Thats just the tip of the iceberg

i heard Fowler wont resign in a few years down the road if Perry and Getz and Bobby aren't on the team... Then i also heard Sbisa and Beauchemin would most likely bail out after that... and that's all
around the same time we have to resign Holland, Palmieri and Smith-Pelley so ya bro devastating is an understatement.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:37 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
:

Thats just the tip of the iceberg

i heard Fowler wont resign in a few years down the road if Perry and Getz and Bobby aren't on the team... Then i also heard Sbisa and Beauchemin would most likely bail out after that... and that's all
around the same time we have to resign Holland, Palmieri and Smith-Pelley so ya bro devastating is an understatement.
Looks like a bit of a chain reaction. Well they were drafted here and won the Cup here; hopefully they're loyal guys.

Thank you for the kind response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
For one Bobby Ryan isn't going anywhere if these guys don't get contract extensions. If they don't get extensions by the deadline they have to be traded. I don't care what position we're in. Our franchise can not let them walk next summer. No way.
Yes, well obviously you cannot let them get to free agency; losing them for nothing would be awful/unacceptable.

Last edited by aandbreatheme: 08-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:

For one Bobby Ryan isn't going anywhere if these guys don't get contract extensions. If they don't get extensions by the deadline they have to be traded. I don't care what position we're in. Our franchise can not let them walk next summer. No way.

Having said that I feel like these two want to stick around for the long haul. They deserve to be paid though so the sooner both sides can figure this out the better.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:27 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=andbreatheme;53371173]Looks like a bit of a chain reaction. Well they were drafted here and won the Cup here; hopefully they're loyal guys.

Thank you for the kind response.

If they go, they go. Our franchise has had that happen before and we've bounced back and I believe the way we have been drafting, we can bounce back again... the "devastating" feeling wont be long lived among ducks fans.

Bobby leaving is an extremely tired subject plus mixed in with Teemu leaving... then asking if it will effect Getz and Pears (obviously yes)

I found your question to be "loaded" and on the trollish side

Old
08-07-2012, 11:33 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Bobby leaving is an extremely tired subject plus mixed in with Teemu leaving... then asking if it will effect Getz and Pears (obviously yes) then asking to describe the taste in our mouths if we lost all 4 players is a stupid loaded question...
Not what I was asking at all.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

To my fellow Ducks fans: no need to react overly snappy to everyone asking about the twins. There will be many, and I mean many inquiries. The Ryan sweepstakes will look like a holiday. So just get used to it.

Quote:
I don't think Selanne retiring will. It has been expected since five years ago, and I don't think they are in any way delusional about it happening some day. I'm sure they'd be interested in knowing how we are prepaired to replace him, but that's really open at this point in time, apart from our wing prospects, who will hopefully show signs of being able to step in and contribute this year to give them some optimism in that regard.
I also don't think Ryan has a huge impact on them. I don't see him traded unless it has a decent chance at improving the team. I don't think they are personally connected with Ryan to the degree they are to each other, if that's something you're referring to.

But it's really anybody's guess.

Old
08-08-2012, 04:04 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I don't get why duck fans or anyone else are worrying. Getzlaf and Perry are going nowhere, it will get done, they do not want to go anywhere, take this to the bank. they'll be around a long time still

Old
08-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I don't get why duck fans or anyone else are worrying. Getzlaf and Perry are going nowhere, it will get done, they do not want to go anywhere, take this to the bank. they'll be around a long time still
because... ?

Everyone thought Parise will stay in NJ to.

Old
08-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure where that sense of not just emphatic optimism, but downright certainty comes from. Especially in regards to Perry we have very little to go on. I'm obviously not saying either will leave, and I consider both more likely to stay, but for such certainty I personally require a lot. Even what most would consider a "promise" doesn't really cut it, and that's more than we've received so far, as the general public. I hope you're right, but I see no upside in being certain (and even less in saying so around here) based on the little we have, unless you're a close friend of one of them.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:57 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Well, they better do SOMETHING with all that cap space.

Open up the checkbook Henry and Susan.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

We're beyond the point of dignifying any of the main board's threads with responses. I'm just ignoring any Anaheim thread I see to be honest. Because dealing our entire first line makes sense.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
The expression that comes to mind is, "whistling past the graveyard".

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

While I am not predicting their leaving, this sounds very much like all the Pollyanna stuff I read here about Schultz. Like, he just wants to hang with his buddies at college a little longer, don't worry he will sign. I'd like to think there is a good chance they stay. It is far from a given and BM better work his butt off getting it done.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
We're beyond the point of dignifying any of the main board's threads with responses. I'm just ignoring any Anaheim thread I see to be honest. Because dealing our entire first line makes sense.

The vultures are circling as if the kill is inevitable. I agree, let them argue amongst themselves.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Live chat with Souray up NOW:
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=82119

Old
08-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Exit Dose

According to someone on the trade board, we offered Getzlaf for Myers a few months back. Apparently, this information was everywhere.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Live chat with Souray up NOW:
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=82119
"I'm also looking forward to getting on the other side and not having to defend Perry and Getzlaf. That will be a nice change. My arms were getting tired of cross-checking Perry every game."

lol!

Old
08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
According to someone on the trade board, we offered Getzlaf for Myers a few months back. Apparently, this information was everywhere.
Sounds like another:'' my friend is close to Beleskey, and he said that he and Getz are out... ''. WE OFFERED? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
"I'm also looking forward to getting on the other side and not having to defend Perry and Getzlaf. That will be a nice change. My arms were getting tired of cross-checking Perry every game."

lol!
He sounds like a great guy, overally. Ussually the big guys are the best ones

Closed Thread