Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Getzlaf and Perry for youth. Bobby for a #1 D.

Old
08-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I highly doubt Samueli would support a rebuild.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Assuming they are sign and trades...

Ryan for Coturier, Voracek

Perry for Michalek, Zibanejad

Getzlaf for Hodgson, Ennis, Sekera

That sure as hell brings some youth. Obviously there are some pluses that need to be thrown in there.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

UFA sign-and-trade?

Why the hell now some wants to get rid of them?

Old
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Assuming they are sign and trades...

Ryan for Coturier, Voracek

Perry for Michalek, Zibanejad

Getzlaf for Hodgson, Ennis, Sekera

That sure as hell brings some youth. Obviously there are some pluses that need to be thrown in there.
I think you have Perry and Ryan backwards. If we could get that for Bobby I think hed already be gone.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
UFA sign-and-trade?

Why the hell now some wants to get rid of them?
Because we wi9ll have the same problem we have had since Andy Mac was traded except it will be even worse because we will have no Teemu.

Assuming Getzlaf and Perry return to PPG and Ryan is good for 30 goals, we still need 1 or 2 of our young guys to step into top 6 roles. No matter how bad we wnat it, Teemu will not be putting up PPG numbers.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone have the number of games that Ryan has played with neither Perry or Getzlaf? I recently saw a post that said he has played every game of his career with both,except for 40.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Anyone have the number of games that Ryan has played with neither Perry or Getzlaf? I recently saw a post that said he has played every game of his career with both,except for 40.
That post was from someone who knows nothing. He only played about half of this year with them and his rookie year he was not with them fulltime, not to mention he was ALWAYS the person being juggled around when Carlyle was coach.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:59 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That post was from someone who knows nothing. He only played about half of this year with them and his rookie year he was not with them fulltime, not to mention he was ALWAYS the person being juggled around when Carlyle was coach.
I suppose if he played 1 shift a game that would count. So a fair estimate would be that he has played half the games of his career with them primarily?

Old
08-15-2012, 02:59 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Don't forget there have been a lot of times he'd of played 70%+ of the game off that line, but moved on their late in the game when we're chasing a goal etc, which I assume would count as 'a game' with that line

Old
08-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Don't forget there have been a lot of times he'd of played 70%+ of the game off that line, but moved on their late in the game when we're chasing a goal etc, which I assume would count as 'a game' with that line
And probably just as often, if not more so, the games where he played 30% on that line, and got shuffled down in the lineup for the remainder of the game for whatever reason.

Old
08-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Randy and Bruce putting Ryan, Devo and Beleskey around the linup in games:

so yeah

Old
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Copied from the "no nothing" poster.
Getzlaf and Perry are his top 2 linemates every year except for his first year of 23 games. That year his top 2 were Weight and Kunitz.

Here are the percentages this year:
Getzlaf - 50.8%
Perry - 47.3%
Selanne - 33.5%
Koivu - 27.0%

Last year:
Perry - 78.4%
Getzlaf - 64.7%
Beleskey - 9.4% (only other forward to register in top 10 linemates)

Old
08-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Copied from the "no nothing" poster.
Getzlaf and Perry are his top 2 linemates every year except for his first year of 23 games. That year his top 2 were Weight and Kunitz.

Here are the percentages this year:
Getzlaf - 50.8%
Perry - 47.3%
Selanne - 33.5%
Koivu - 27.0%

Last year:
Perry - 78.4%
Getzlaf - 64.7%
Beleskey - 9.4% (only other forward to register in top 10 linemates)
That looks about right, at least for the past two years. It looks like that info is from this website breaks down his even strength minutes with every Anaheim player since the 07-08 year. According to that website he's spent 54% of his career even strength minutes with Perry and 49.9% with Getzlaf. His production is pretty similar when he's apart from him though, if anything he plays better when he has his own line.

Edit: Here are the exact numbers since 2007-08

With Perry: Time on Ice 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without Perry:Time on Ice 2127:09 GF 112 GF/20Min 1.053 GA 89 GA/20Min 0.837

With Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2322:48 GF 120 GF/20Min 1.033 GA 96 GA/20Min 0.827

Offensively, his line is almost identical in production with or without either Getzlaf or Perry. Defensively, he's on the ice for more goals against without them but that's not surprising, Perry and Getzlaf are both fairly good defensively, Getzlaf in particular is very underated when it comes to defensive ability.

Last edited by Paul4587: 08-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old
08-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Paul4587

Here is an interesting interview with Boudreau that gives a bit of insight into possible lineups for next season.

A couple of things to note:
- Boudreau explicitly states Koivu will be the third line c next year and will be a solid checker who can score.
- He thinks the Getzlaf line is incomplete and really wants to find a fit for him and Perry on the LW
- He likes our group of centres and thinks we have good depth up the middle

Old
08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That looks about right, at least for the past two years. It looks like that info is from this website breaks down his even strength minutes with every Anaheim player since the 07-08 year. According to that website he's spent 54% of his career even strength minutes with Perry and 49.9% with Getzlaf. His production is pretty similar when he's apart from him though, if anything he plays better when he has his own line.

Edit: Here are the exact numbers since 2007-08

With Perry: Time on Ice 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without Perry:Time on Ice 2127:09 GF 112 GF/20Min 1.053 GA 89 GA/20Min 0.837

With Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2322:48 GF 120 GF/20Min 1.033 GA 96 GA/20Min 0.827

Offensively, his line is almost identical in production with or without either Getzlaf or Perry. Defensively, he's on the ice for more goals against without them but that's not surprising, Perry and Getzlaf are both fairly good defensively, Getzlaf in particular is very underated when it comes to defensive ability.
IMO that's the perfect argument for keeping him away from Getzlaf and Perry. The team needs depth, and here's a guy who can produce just as well on a different line.

Good depth up the middle? The hell?

Old
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Exit Dose

It's a shame that Holland's lone call-up last year came under Carlyle. I think Boudreau really liked what he saw at camp.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:02 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

XXX - Bonino/Holland - XXX
XXX - Koivu - XXX

So by Boudreau's comments he envisions this. What the the X's?

Does he intend to do Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri like the end of last season and call that the 2nd line (keep the Finns together, but then Selanne is on the third line)? Does Selanne stay on the 2nd line, and then is he with Ryan or some other winger?

Honestly, I wouldn't say the Ducks have EVER had depth up the middle.

edit: I take it back. I guess McDonald-Getzlaf-Pahlsson-Marchant was pretty damn deep.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
XXX - Koivu - XXX

Does he intend to do Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri like the end of last season and call that the 2nd line (keep the Finns together, but then Selanne is on the third line)? Does Selanne stay on the 2nd line, and then is he with Ryan or some other winger?

edit: I take it back. I guess McDonald-Getzlaf-Pahlsson-Marchant was pretty damn deep.
I don't think those lines at the end of the season were thrown together just because. That third line was getting played in situations that third lines typically aren't.

I wouldn't count on Boudreau being a stickler for line combos like Carlyle was. There were a few instances last year that showed that he isn't shy to break up the old standbys.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
XXX - Koivu - XXX

I highly doubt Selanne will be on the third line. He also said Koivu would be a good checking centre who can score so I doubt he would have Selanne in mind for that kind of a line. Stephens also had quotes in an article not long which indicated Teemu and Koivu were open to the idea they wouldn't be playing together this year. We also signed Winnik who is a quality checker capable of producing 20-30 points and I doubt he signed here to play 4th line minutes.

I think the roster looks like this:
X - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - X - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - X
Beleskey - X - X

With Cogliano, Palmieri, Bonino, Holland, DSP, Maroon and maybe Etem filling in those spots. Staubitz will be the 13th forward.

Yeah I don't agree with the depth statement but I think he really liked what he saw from Holland, maybe enough that he's pencilled him into a 2nd line role. No offense to Bonino who has improved a ton but I don't see him being a viable second line centre right now, if at all. He's an intelligent player and a great playmaker but I don't know if his skating ability and shot will ever be good enough for a 2nd line centre role.

We really need one of our young guys to be able to comfortably switch to LW and click with the twins. DSP and Palmieri seem to be the most likely candidates right now with Maroon having an outside chance depending on whether he can improve his skating ability by leaps and bounds.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Can Winnik play the right side?

I think I remember either Boudreau said or Cogliano said that Boudreau said that Cogs would be LW (well actually wing, but I would assume it's left wing). As they are probably our best defensively, and both have a little offensive skill... it would seem like Cogs and Winnik should both be on the 3rd line.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Interesting comments from BB:

On the Ducks improving depth at center "We have depth up the middle and that’s important. I like our centermen a lot and we have options for next season. [Last year’s No.2 center] Saku Koivu is going to be our third line center next year and he’ll be a solid checking center that can score. It’s an important position, and an important position to have options. Like I said, we still want to find a winger, but I like our centers for sure."

Old
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Selanne138

Any chance Cogliano gets a look centering Ryan and Selanne? I would doubt it, seeing as all signs point to Cogs on the wing, but he was brought in as a center, and could possibly thrive in an offensive role with good wingers, something he never had last year as a center. Obviously he wont get the first look, but if Bonino/Holland falter it could be something to look into.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Can Winnik play the right side?

I think I remember either Boudreau said or Cogliano said that Boudreau said that Cogs would be LW (well actually wing, but I would assume it's left wing). As they are probably our best defensively, and both have a little offensive skill... it would seem like Cogs and Winnik should both be on the 3rd line.
No idea. The roster has too many bottom 6 LWers (Beleskey, Cogliano, Winnik, Staubitz, possibly Maroon and McMillan) and too many top 6 RWers (Perry, Ryan, Selanne, possibly Palmieri and Etem). It's not a huge deal if the players can adjust easily enough. We know DSP and Ryan can play both wings. Etem said in an interview on the Ducks website that he doesn't have any issue with playing LW which could give him a better chance of making the team if Palmieri can't switch.

On Cogs playing C, I think he would have a lot more value if he could play C but the faceoff thing will be a huge issue as Koivu was our only guy >50% last year. A line of Ryan - Cogs - Teemu certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Bonino and Holland failed but Teemu and Ryan would have to carry the offensive load.

I think it's weird that Oilers fans were adamant he couldn't play wing and wouldn't switch from the middle yet he was much more effective on LW for us than playing centre.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Interesting comments from BB:

On the Ducks improving depth at center "We have depth up the middle and that’s important. I like our centermen a lot and we have options for next season. [Last year’s No.2 center] Saku Koivu is going to be our third line center next year and he’ll be a solid checking center that can score. It’s an important position, and an important position to have options. Like I said, we still want to find a winger, but I like our centers for sure."
Was this quote from before or after the Winnik signing?

Closed Thread