Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

vCash: 500
Not sure....saw it today from Ducks twitter.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:32 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That looks about right, at least for the past two years. It looks like that info is from this website breaks down his even strength minutes with every Anaheim player since the 07-08 year. According to that website he's spent 54% of his career even strength minutes with Perry and 49.9% with Getzlaf. His production is pretty similar when he's apart from him though, if anything he plays better when he has his own line.

Edit: Here are the exact numbers since 2007-08

With Perry: Time on Ice 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without Perry:Time on Ice 2127:09 GF 112 GF/20Min 1.053 GA 89 GA/20Min 0.837

With Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2322:48 GF 120 GF/20Min 1.033 GA 96 GA/20Min 0.827

Offensively, his line is almost identical in production with or without either Getzlaf or Perry. Defensively, he's on the ice for more goals against without them but that's not surprising, Perry and Getzlaf are both fairly good defensively, Getzlaf in particular is very underated when it comes to defensive ability.
Interesting that his production is similar,makes it a moot point whether he rolls with 1st or second liners. Thanks.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Not sure....saw it today from Ducks twitter.
It's from this same article I posted on the previous page which is from today, so after the Winnik signing.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Exit Dose

OTTAWA SUN’s Bruce Garrioch recently reported the following via Twitter: “The word from league executives: Anaheim GM Bob Murray hasn’t given a definitive asking price for Bobby Ryan.”

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I’m a few days late with this, and for that I apologize. Anyway, if Murray doesn’t have a definitive asking price, that suggests he’s not seriously shopping Ryan.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:31 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Interesting comments from BB:

On the Ducks improving depth at center "We have depth up the middle and that’s important. I like our centermen a lot and we have options for next season. [Last year’s No.2 center] Saku Koivu is going to be our third line center next year and he’ll be a solid checking center that can score. It’s an important position, and an important position to have options. Like I said, we still want to find a winger, but I like our centers for sure."
oh wow. so he is going to be pencilled in as our 3rd line C? so 1 of *****/holland will most likely get top 6 duties?
im kinda sad that if BM knew that BB had koivu as our 3rd line C that he didn't go out and get us a 2nd line C. but i'm excited to see 1 of *****/holland there

Old
08-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Paul4587

With Simmonds and Voracek now both signing extensions it pretty much guarantees the Flyers won't be getting Ryan (although most came to this conclusion a long time ago). Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier and Schenn are about the only pieces they have of value to us, 2 just signed extensions and the other 2 are apparently gods gift to hockey so won't be moved.

Although based on past Flyer history of RFAs signing extensions we should be seeing a Voracek + Simmonds for Ryan deal about a year from now.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

You guys can take this for what's it's worth. I have been hear a long time and basically that's all the credibility I can claim since I don't know any of you personally so believe what you want. Anyway, I had a chance to talk to Bobby personally today, and he told me some stuff I didn't expect him to talk about. Not going to go into specifics or how we were able to talk because he asked me not to spread it on the Internet, but here's a quick summary:

-thinks there's a decent chance he will be moved. "at this point it wouldn't shock me at all".

-"If it was up to me I'd retire a Duck" -he added this himself

-Admitted there was a big rift between he and RC last offseason. It meant a lot to him that Murray stuck with him. (gave me the impression this was bigger then I previously thought).

-I told him Selanne was my favorite player and he responded "I'll be when he hangs them up in 5 years right (laughing)".

Nothing groundbreaking or anything but I thought I'd share it with you guys. Call me a liar if you wish but Ive been around enough that I think most would know I don't just lie out my ass. Was really glad to hear he wanted to be here.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Not last offseason, last season ^^^ sorry can't edit

Old
08-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I don't think the Simmonds thing means much. I always thought that if Ryan was moved to Philly it'd be for Read+Courts

Old
08-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Exit Dose

What you're saying sounds believable and in line with what he's said or implied before. Not the typical, "I have an inside source(I know a hot dog vendor) that says we're trading Getzlaf for Derek Roy and two 1sts(my source follows HockyyInsiderr on Twitter)."

Bobby sounded nervous about his future on that podcast, so it wouldn't surprise me that he's still concerned that he might be traded. If Murray is planning it, sounds like it isn't going to happen any time in the immediate future.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Well it's the truth. I understand how some would be hesitant to believe it, especially since I'm not going to elaborate how he told me, or why he did, but it's the truth. Helped a boring ass offseason. Granted he knew I was a die hard ducks fan so maybe he was just saying some of it but he did add the retire a duck comment himself so I believe him.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Exit Dose

You may want to edit those comments out if he asked you to keep it off the internet, though, assuming that there wasn't something else that referred to.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You may want to edit those comments out if he asked you to keep it off the internet, though, assuming that there wasn't something else that referred to.
It seemed to me that what he didn't want spread was how's it's communicated. Everything else was pretty much already out there somewhere.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:45 AM
DaDucks

Talking to bobby on call of duty? Nice...
Bobby sounds like a nervous kid preparing himself
For the shock if he is traded

Old
08-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Talking to bobby on call of duty? Nice...
Bobby sounds like a nervous kid preparing himself
For the shock if he is traded
Lol no. If I remember quickly, Ryan plays ps3 and I'm a xbox live guy myself. Plus COD is more overrated then Halo IMO.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I like the BB comments though. I was kinda worried Murray was ignoring top LW because he had Ryan pencilled there, but surely BB and Murray have been in constant communication. My guess is that his lines are looking similar to what I posted a few weeks ago. Hope we add another top 6 winger at least.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
You guys can take this for what's it's worth. I have been hear a long time and basically that's all the credibility I can claim since I don't know any of you personally so believe what you want. Anyway, I had a chance to talk to Bobby personally today, and he told me some stuff I didn't expect him to talk about. Not going to go into specifics or how we were able to talk because he asked me not to spread it on the Internet, but here's a quick summary:

-thinks there's a decent chance he will be moved. "at this point it wouldn't shock me at all".

-"If it was up to me I'd retire a Duck" -he added this himself

-Admitted there was a big rift between he and RC last offseason. It meant a lot to him that Murray stuck with him. (gave me the impression this was bigger then I previously thought).

-I told him Selanne was my favorite player and he responded "I'll be when he hangs them up in 5 years right (laughing)".

Nothing groundbreaking or anything but I thought I'd share it with you guys. Call me a liar if you wish but Ive been around enough that I think most would know I don't just lie out my ass. Was really glad to hear he wanted to be here.
I believe it.

Obviously you can't go into detail but I'm wondering how much his comments to the media affected Murray's stance on moving him. It seems like Murray is pretty old school and would have been super pissed about him speaking to the media which increases the chances of him being dealt. He pretty much dealt Wiz for nothing out of spite for him being difficult in negotiations and I doubt he's as mad at Ryan but I'm wondering if it's the case.

I was all for moving Ryan after the draft day comments but after I listened to that podcast I would prefer to see him stay (unless we get a good deal, that is). He seems like he is honest to a fault and there wasn't anything to the comments outside of frustration. I do think however as soon as he's UFA he's going to the Flyers. All signs have pointed that way and as loyal as he is to Anaheim, it seems that getting to play for his childhood team means a lot to him.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Exit Dose

What are the FA option at LW? I assume there's nothing but garbage and tumbleweeds.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Paul4587

Yep, pretty much all has beens and scrubs.

Sturm, Rolston, Winchester, Brunette, Blake, Sturm, Pandolfo.

The only guy who might be worth the risk is Huselius. But I don't see him fitting in with Getzlaf and Perry's style and I don't think he's healthy.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Exit Dose

I wish we could pry Zucker away from Minnesota.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

As I've said before, I would be very happy to see Bobby stay. I think it speaks volumes that BM fired his friend instead of trading Bobby early last year. With that being the case, I can believe BM will not move him unless it is a severe overpayment. And, I believe that down the road, we will be thanking BM for not trading him. Especially for the HF rumored underwhelming offers we have heard.

Now if we hear Bob assaults Bobby with a barstool anytime in the future, then look for an immediate trade.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:01 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I'm happy about the wing searching comment, but also a little surprised. By adding another top six winger, that more or less eliminates the chances for Palmieri to take a spot. Unless the idea is to use Holland and Palmieri in similar roles to those Getzlaf and Perry had in 05/06.

UFA/trade - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogs/DSP/Belly
Cogs/DSP/Belly - Holland - Palmieri

But by doing that, one of Cogliano or Beleskey will be a reserve forward or DSP will be in juniors, and I don't think either of those are likely.

I also don't think the likes of Huselius or Sykora are players that Murray are looking for. In that case I think Huselius would have been signed already. If another winger is signed I think it will be another Beleskey/DSP sort of player. Someone who should be a bottom six forward, but that could be experimented with on the top line. Again, I'm guessing it's Eric Fehr they are looking at.

Edit: 5000 posts!

Last edited by Elvs: 08-16-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old
08-16-2012, 05:25 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I think all these Bobby Ryan rumors have been substantially overblown. how often do guys get traded right before camp?

Old
08-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

The comments from BB don't specifically say that he wants to add someone from outside what we already have. Now i hope that's the case, however it may mean that the goal is to just find someone who clicks with them and to just leave that line alone. I hope he goes outside the current team to address it though. Only guy I see them bringing in through FA may be Fehr, otherwise it will be a trade.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lol no. If I remember quickly, Ryan plays ps3 and I'm a xbox live guy myself. Plus COD is more overrated then Halo IMO.
Exactly why you should both be embarrassed to be chatting over it.

But yeah, "find a winger" to me seems more like an internal search than an external one. Just because there isn't much out there, and they should have done it earlier if they were really interested. Maybe they're hoping that if there's a partial lockout, one can develop in the AHL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Edit: Here are the exact numbers since 2007-08

With Perry: Time on Ice 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without Perry:Time on Ice 2127:09 GF 112 GF/20Min 1.053 GA 89 GA/20Min 0.837

With Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2322:48 GF 120 GF/20Min 1.033 GA 96 GA/20Min 0.827

Offensively, his line is almost identical in production with or without either Getzlaf or Perry.
Thinking some more... originally I thought these numbers pointed to moving Ryan away from Getz/Perry. But now I think it's not so much of an obvious choice.

You don't have to do this because I assume it's a fair bit of work, but what are Getzlaf and Perry's numbers with/without Ryan? Because even if presumed "other" winger experiences an increase with Getz and Perry, if they decrease without Ryan it might still result in less overall scoring.

Closed Thread