Old
08-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
C of D
Lol ya, I don't play that. It's too simple of a game.

After reading Bruce's comments from that link, it gives me more hope then I first had because it does sound like he still wants to get another top 6 winger from outside the team. Not sure who he wants though. I don't think Fehr is a top six winger anymore.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:05 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lol ya, I don't play that. It's too simple of a game.

After reading Bruce's comments from that link, it gives me more hope then I first had because it does sound like he still wants to get another top 6 winger from outside the team. Not sure who he wants though. I don't think Fehr is a top six winger anymore.
so then it does soudn like we're rolling with

getzlaf
holland/bonino
koivu
holland/bonino

i doubt cogs is slotting into the C position.. and unless im missing something thats gonna be our C?
he seems to think we have great C depth for some reason...

Old
08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

So how long until there's a blog/rumor post pointing out that Boudreau called Ryan "Bobby Ryan" while the guys that followed are all called by only one name? Obviously, it shows that Boudreau doesn't like Bobby, so he is going to be traded.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Best thing for me to read there that Bruce was puting Koivu on 3d line (which hopefully means he is seperated from Teemu).

He put Winnik on 3d and Staubitz on 4th line. So, Winnik-Koivu-Devo? Hopefully.

One thing i didn`t understand - he said that now we have veteran 4th liner (Staubitz). Parros was to. Pelly also. Now we have only Beleskey-Holly/Boner-Staubitz line. dafaq he ment with that?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:57 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Best thing for me to read there that Bruce was puting Koivu on 3d line (which hopefully means he is seperated from Teemu).

He put Winnik on 3d and Staubitz on 4th line. So, Winnik-Koivu-Devo? Hopefully.

One thing i didn`t understand - he said that now we have veteran 4th liner (Staubitz). Parros was to. Pelly also. Now we have only Beleskey-Holly/Boner-Staubitz line. dafaq he ment with that?
So where's Ryan and Cogliano in this lineup? RPG together again or Ryan on the 2nd line with Selšnne and Bonino/Holland? Who's with the Twins then? Palmieri is on what line?

???

Old
08-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
He said we have good center depth (really?) and that we have Winnik and Staubitz as veteran bottom 6 help. To me, it also seemed like there is not going to be an RPG reunion, at least not full time.

So we have:

[ ] - Getzlaf - Perry
[ ] - [ ] - Selanne
[ ] - Koivu - [ ]
[ ] - [ ] - Staubitz/ [ ]

as an outline.

My guess is:

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Smith-Pelly
Winnik - Holland - Beleskey
Staubitz/McMillan

There are way too many rookies in key positions. That's true no matter how you parse the top 6 ice time, assuming Koivu is really the 3C and no veteran top 6 wings are acquired.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Exactly why you should both be embarrassed to be chatting over it.

But yeah, "find a winger" to me seems more like an internal search than an external one. Just because there isn't much out there, and they should have done it earlier if they were really interested. Maybe they're hoping that if there's a partial lockout, one can develop in the AHL?

Thinking some more... originally I thought these numbers pointed to moving Ryan away from Getz/Perry. But now I think it's not so much of an obvious choice.

You don't have to do this because I assume it's a fair bit of work, but what are Getzlaf and Perry's numbers with/without Ryan? Because even if presumed "other" winger experiences an increase with Getz and Perry, if they decrease without Ryan it might still result in less overall scoring.
It's easy, the website has the exact numbers.

Since 2007-08

Perry:
With Ryan TOI 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without TOI 3377:37 GF 147 GF/20Min 0.870 GA 140 GA/20Min 0.829

Getzlaf:

With Ryan TOI 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without TOI 3367:57 GF 145 GF/20Min 0.861 GA 128 GA/20Min 0.760

They're clearly at their best with Ryan on their line.

Here is the link if you wanted to look at different players. Just click the player you want and select the year(s) you want to view. It goes back to 2007-08 and has everybody who's played in the NHL in that time span.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
He said we have good center depth (really?) and that we have Winnik and Staubitz as veteran bottom 6 help. To me, it also seemed like there is not going to be an RPG reunion, at least not full time.

So we have:

[ ] - Getzlaf - Perry
[ ] - [ ] - Selanne
[ ] - Koivu - [ ]
[ ] - [ ] - Staubitz/ [ ]

as an outline.

My guess is:

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Smith-Pelly
Winnik - Holland - Beleskey
Staubitz/McMillan

There are way too many rookies in key positions. That's true no matter how you parse the top 6 ice time, assuming Koivu is really the 3C and no veteran top 6 wings are acquired.
I like what Nick Bonino did last year, but that lineup in this division and conference is borderline lottery bound.

If I had to make some changes though it be on the wing. I see Smith-Pelly starting with Getzlaf and Perry, Selanne playing with Koivu, and Palmieri and Ryan with Bonino. Selanne and Bonino on the same line just seems to be too much of a pace difference.

I'd also feel bad for Holland on that line. Breaking in Etem on the fourth with him might be interesting, with Winnik channelling his inner Brad May with the 'new' kids. Matt Beleskey almost feels like a waste of a spot at this point, unfortunately. He does try to be physical, and he starts **** after the whistle which is great, but he is a dumb, dumb player who wastes what little offensive talent he has and isn't good defensively either.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Well his comments lead me to believe that he expects another top six winger to be added to play with Getz and Perry. My guess:

?-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Bonino/Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogs
DSP-Holland-Palmieri

Old
08-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Static

Ultimately most of this is going to be decided in camp, obviously, especially with the apparent decision of high infusion of youth. I personally doubt that Etem will make the team, and it would probably be better for him to play first line minutes in the AHL than fourth line in the NHL, I suppose.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
I like what Nick Bonino did last year, but that lineup in this division and conference is borderline lottery bound.

If I had to make some changes though it be on the wing. I see Smith-Pelly starting with Getzlaf and Perry, Selanne playing with Koivu, and Palmieri and Ryan with Bonino. Selanne and Bonino on the same line just seems to be too much of a pace difference.

I'd also feel bad for Holland on that line. Breaking in Etem on the fourth with him might be interesting, with Winnik channelling his inner Brad May with the 'new' kids. Matt Beleskey almost feels like a waste of a spot at this point, unfortunately. He does try to be physical, and he starts **** after the whistle which is great, but he is a dumb, dumb player who wastes what little offensive talent he has and isn't good defensively either.
I think Beleskey gets one last chance to show himself as 15/15 option, based on his performance a couple years ago and the fact that his development keeps getting blocked by injury. But I think that if he's unproductive this season, he'll be Admiral'd for good by midseason.

And I agree about the lineup. I was just basing it on a (way too) literal reading of Boudreau's words. He said we're solid with Ryan/Getzlaf/Perry/Selanne, and then mentioned the bottom 6. And he specifically said Koivu is a 3C. Based on that, and the fact that I'm bored, I split Koivu and Selanne. As for a pace difference between Selanne and Bonino, an admittedly much younger Selanne did okay with Rucchin at center. I also like Ryan with Selanne because with Teemu's wretched puckhandling I'd prefer to seem him play with a puckhog.

Your version of my lineup looks like:

Pants-Smelly - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri
Cogliano - Koivu - Selanne
Winnik - Holland - Beleskey/Etem/Staubitz

That's actually 3 "rookies" in the top 6, and frankly I hate that Cogliano line, but I don't think it's any less realistic than mine. So, yeah, we really need a miracle from the youngsters and Hiller this season, yikes.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
I think Beleskey gets one last chance to show himself as 15/15 option, based on his performance a couple years ago and the fact that his development keeps getting blocked by injury. But I think that if he's unproductive this season, he'll be Admiral'd for good by midseason.

And I agree about the lineup. I was just basing it on a (way too) literal reading of Boudreau's words. He said we're solid with Ryan/Getzlaf/Perry/Selanne, and then mentioned the bottom 6. And he specifically said Koivu is a 3C. Based on that, and the fact that I'm bored, I split Koivu and Selanne. As for a pace difference between Selanne and Bonino, an admittedly much younger Selanne did okay with Rucchin at center. I also like Ryan with Selanne because with Teemu's wretched puckhandling I'd prefer to seem him play with a puckhog.

Your version of my lineup looks like:

Pants-Smelly - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri
Cogliano - Koivu - Selanne
Winnik - Holland - Beleskey/Etem/Staubitz

That's actually 3 "rookies" in the top 6, and frankly I hate that Cogliano line, but I don't think it's any less realistic than mine. So, yeah, we really need a miracle from the youngsters and Hiller this season, yikes.
The rookie thing kind of has me thinking that there are going to be several instances when Ryan will play a couple shifts with Getzlaf and Perry, or Selanne takes a shift with the mystery 2C or Koivu. Any way you cut it there isn't an instance where at least two young guys aren't playing significant minutes. I don't see that ending well.

Selanne is kind of a head scratcher. He does need a puck carrier, but Ryan is a **** skater. Rucchin was as well, but Kariya handled the puck on that line for the most part. That, and I don't trust Ryan with his own line at this point. That line would be counting on Nick Bonino to backcheck relentlessly. If he keeps improving his skating, then cool, but that line would probably be destroyed defensively.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Static

My lineup has Palmieri there instead of Teemu, so I guess they're getting destroyed regardless. What a weird roster this is.

Old
08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

duckstudd can u ask Ryan if he is aware that the trade rumors are very possibly other teams always asking about him,and not necessarily Ryan being shopped?

Old
08-16-2012, 08:01 PM
airforceones25

None of Smith-Pelly, Bonino and Palmieri are rookies but I get people's point.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:25 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
None of Smith-Pelly, Bonino and Palmieri are rookies but I get people's point.
palmieri is considered a rookie isnt he..

Old
08-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Exit Dose

Depends on whose criteria you're using. For instance, he isn't eligible for the Calder.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:10 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Winnik-Koivu-Selanne
Cogliano-Bonino-Staubitz
Beleskey-McMillan

Fowler-Beauch
Allen-Sbisa
Lydman-Souray
Guenin

Hiller
Fasth

Old
08-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
palmieri is considered a rookie isnt he..
Newp. Not if you're looking at Calder eligibility, at any rate. Those guidelines are pretty strict. 25 games played in a single season, or 6 games in each of the 2 preceding seasons, unless I'm mistaken.

In a more generalized way, I'd definitely call him a rookie. Personally, I usually consider a player a rookie if he has less than half an NHL season of experience, or 60+ games over a 2-3 year span. Less than that, and I think a player is still too green to be considered a full-time player, still needs to learn what it takes to stick in the NHL, and still a bit of a question mark moving ahead.

It's a fairly flexibile line though. For instance, I'd still consider DSP rookie-ish, particularly because this last season got cut right down the middle for him because of an injury. That staggered the games for him, and probably helped him stay a bit more rested late in the season, where a lot of rookies can start to struggle a bit because of the length and difficulty of a full NHL season.

Bonino isn't a player I'd consider a rookie. He has enough games, and experience in the NHL that I think he gets it. I think he's just starting to get comfortable, and a breakout is imminent.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

For comparison, Philly, last year, finished 6th in the league with 103 points. They had rookies like Read, Couturier, Schenn, Rinaldo, Wellwood and Zolnierczyk.

The question is - can Holly and Boner become our Couturier and Schenn. Which, i unfortunately doubt. :/

Old
08-17-2012, 04:20 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

If Bonino can keep improving and Palmieri shows the form he showed in his last NHL call up that would work pretty well.

Of course Holland is the wild card.

Though maybe I'm in the minority that wasn't very impressed with Schenn last season? I was a lot more impressed with Couturier and he was used in more of a shutdown role IIRC?

Old
08-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I definately expected more from Schenn in the regular season, but he was very good in playoffs.

I was really impressed with Couturier last season.
So, yeah, i kind of feel the same.

If only Boner and Holly could impress as much...

Closed Thread