All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Exactly you don't just randomly call up two AHL players and send down one of your centers for nothing if the TEAM is winning. It doesn't make sense? Like what the hell why don't our posters recognize this.
As I posted before maybe just to try them out on NHL level, since Rakell was a positive surprise for everyone...

Old
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I have a hard time imagining Perry saying to his agent 4 games into the season that he should tell BM he wants out.
He doesn't have to.

Agent: We want an 8 year deal at 8.75 million per season.
Murray: We'd love to resign Perry, but we can't afford that.
Agent: OK. Let me know if things change, but as of now we plan on testing free agency.

(Phone starts ringing).

Old
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Your post doesn't even make sense. Who the hell is our center for our lines? We sent down Holland there's more to this than is being reported.
Ummm. I'm not sure you're making much sense.

It's quite obvious. Getzlaf, Bonino, Koivu, Rakell... Also we can play Cogliano in the middle if we had to but seems unlikely.

Rakell is still on the roster. Holy over reaction!

Old
01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
I have a hard time imagining Perry saying to his agent 4 games into the season that he should tell BM he wants out.
It wouldn't be a case of Perry saying he wanted out. It would be a case of saying he will test UFA market in the summer and not sign before then. Under those conditions Bob may feel forced to start entertaining offers. It's never been about Perry saying he wanted out.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Exactly you don't just randomly call up two AHL players and send down one of your centers for nothing if the TEAM is winning. It doesn't make sense? Like what the hell why don't our posters recognize this.
Dude you're way to excited about nothing. Lol

It boils down to Rakell or Holland in the lineup. It's obvious they were not going to play both together. For whatever reason it may be the coaches seem to think Rakell is the right solution at the moment. No need to keep Holland a healthy scratch. Send him to Norfolk to get some work in.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
As I posted before maybe just to try them out on NHL level, since Rakell was a positive surprise for everyone...
There's no need for a call up so early on especially if we're not playoff bound yet. We need to acquire pts and need our best players on the ice. This would be an acceptable call up if we locked out our playoff spot but we haven't. There's more to this than what we think.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Well why don't you explain to us BB why we would recall two more rookies and mess with team chemistry while we're one of the top teams in our conference? We're on a winning streak you don't just randomly pull up two more rookies for nothing WHEN your above 500 and winning.
and its not BB its BM. maybe BM has decided that etem and vatanen should get some more looks practicing with an NHL team and joining a NHL culture. and they want holland getting 1st line minutes in the AHL. vatanen never really participated/practiced in our super short training camp so this could be a taste of the NHL for him. who knows.

i'm with the camp that thinks this is retarded as well but those are the only rationales that don't involve a big trade coming.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Dude you're way to excited about nothing. Lol

It boils down to Rakell or Holland in the lineup. It's obvious they were not going to play both together. For whatever reason it may be the coaches seem to think Rakell is the right solution at the moment. No need to keep Holland a healthy scratch. Send him to Norfolk to get some work in.
In prolly over reacting as I always do. I'm just super curious an speculating about team chemistry. Why another call up? We're winning? It's weird

Old
Unagi

IMO if there was a trade in the works some reporter from TSN would have hinted it already.

Old
airforceones25

Quote:
There's no need for a call up so early on especially if we're not playoff bound yet. We need to acquire pts and need our best players on the ice. This would be an acceptable call up if we locked out our playoff spot but we haven't. There's more to this than what we think.
So are you trying to tell us that Peter Holland was one of our best players then? I'm so confused. Lololololololol

Old
01-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
OK, but the reason for all the speculation is that it seems to make no sense as to why Etem and Vatanen have just been called up. If a contender thinks a full season of Perry is worthwhile they may be willing to pay more now. He obviously would be a premiere talent, the kind that isn't always available.
I have no idea why speculations escalated so quickly. Etem could be getting a chance instead of underwhelming DSP. Vatanen could be getting another evaluation (as Hendry was thoroughly underwhelming might as well use that roster spot to teach a kid few things while everyone is healthy)

Old
01-27-2013, 07:31 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
In prolly over reacting as I always do. I'm just super curious an speculating about team chemistry. Why another call up? We're winning? It's weird
Please explain to me how sending down two players that each only appeared in one game have any effect on team chemistry?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
IMO if there was a trade in the works some reporter from TSN would have hinted it already.
Has anyone hit up twitter to Mckenzie or dredger?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
If one of those centers has only played in one game (the one they lost), then he can be sent down for some playing time. It's possible Beauchemin sustained an injury going into the boards and they don't trust Hendry. It's possible they want to see if Etem plays well against NHL talent in practice now that they only have 1 game over a 5 day span. It's possible they want Holland to play in the AHL All-Star game next weekend and want someone else to get his practice time who will be with the team. Maybe they want to sit Sbisa down a game. Maybe someone else has the flu.

Neither player who was sent down will matter to how the TEAM is playing. Neither player who was called up will necessarily ever see the ice. This thread has gone to Toronto Maple Leafs level hysteric.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Your assuming trades don't happen until the rumors first surface? Well, this may just be the start of the rumors. Trade to follow?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Your assuming trades don't happen until the rumors first surface? Well, this may just be the start of the rumors. Trade to follow?
What I meant is that if Perry and his agent had decided that UFA is what they want to do and they told Bob Murray...that must have leaked to TSN.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post

Neither player who was sent down will matter to how the TEAM is playing. Neither player who was called up will necessarily ever see the ice. This thread has gone to Toronto Maple Leafs level hysteric.
We're just making up for lost time during the lockout. We're a bit rusty too.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Unagi

Quote:
We're just making up for lost time during the lockout. We're a bit rusty too.
Indeed And it has been fun so far Little speculating keeps the board alive until the next game

Old
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

You guys sound like leaf fans.
Calm down.

With the shortened season, there are going to be bumps and bruises, and old guys will need rest days. Most likely just BM wanting Vatanen and Etem to get a look with the big club. Can't hurt to give them a game or too and see if any magic happens.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
LVDucks238

Not surprised at all that Vatanen got called up with how much trouble Souray/Allen have had moving the puck out of our zone. He should be able to help with that and obviously can't make the PP any worse.

I agree that there is no reason for the Etem call-up just to have him play on the 4th line. I'd love to see them try something like this. He should also be useful on the PK.
Winnik-Getz-Perry
Etem-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino-Palms
Cogs-Rakell-Beleskey

Anyhow, I don't see how this means a trade is coming. Just getting guys a shot, who almost made the team out of camp, who can also help in areas we are struggling in. With the condensed schedule, it's good to have young legs up front and on D.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Unagi

Throwing one out there: Ryan O'Reilly [willing to sign here] for Palmieri + Sbsia + Pick

Old
01-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
You guys sound like leaf fans.
Calm down.
Calm down? What do you mean calm down? I told you guys Kadri was going to be a superstar. I told you!

Old
01-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Maybe Teemu's a little banged up or something.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If one of those centers has only played in one game (the one they lost), then he can be sent down for some playing time. It's possible Beauchemin sustained an injury going into the boards and they don't trust Hendry. It's possible they want to see if Etem plays well against NHL talent in practice now that they only have 1 game over a 5 day span. It's possible they want Holland to play in the AHL All-Star game next weekend and want someone else to get his practice time who will be with the team. Maybe they want to sit Sbisa down a game. Maybe someone else has the flu.

from what i've read. Holland was removed the the all-star lineup and etem was inserted in lol. furthermore i dont think people are freaking out over who got sent down. its more about who they're bringing back up to replace those guys. these are 2 rookies that have never played an NHL game, and they've done nothing to prove that they are ready for an NHL game
if the purpose was to bring them up and not play them which you alluded to in your second paragraph then that makes this move even more retarded because you're denying your top prospects playing time and development time.

if they're just bringing them up to "practice" with the team then i guess whatever, but then they better get sent down so they can suit up for the admirals back to back

Old
01-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDucks238 View Post
Not surprised at all that Vatanen got called up with how much trouble Souray/Allen have had moving the puck out of our zone. He should be able to help with that and obviously can't make the PP any worse.

I agree that there is no reason for the Etem call-up just to have him play on the 4th line. I'd love to see them try something like this. He should also be useful on the PK.
Winnik-Getz-Perry
Etem-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino-Palms
Cogs-Rakell-Beleskey

Anyhow, I don't see how this means a trade is coming. Just getting guys a shot, who almost made the team out of camp, who can also help in areas we are struggling in. With the condensed schedule, it's good to have young legs up front and on D.

Whatever I get to see Etem play with our club should be stoked about that. Don't know the reason for it but w.e long beach baby.

Closed Thread