Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I hope you are right. Because it would mean we are paying no attention to Read+Meszaros+Laughton.
Do we really need a source to tell us what we already know about this offer?

Old
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Do we really need a source to tell us what we already know about this offer?
I guess the combination of seeing it a million and one times, and having Barstool as our GM scares me more than it should.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That Chris Shafer guy is a gem.
I wish HFBoards search would go back to Pronger trade days. He made a total fool of himself back then.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
I wish HFBoards search would go back to Pronger trade days. He made a total fool of himself back then.
Ahhh, maybe that's what I got into it with him over, Sbisa.

Old
07-27-2012, 06:27 PM
James Franco

Dominic Moore is still on the table, how much do you think hes asking?

Winnik-Moore-Smith-Pelley

Old
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post

Wait, is this one of those name games again? Like Cory Pecker smashing Alex Semin against the boards?

Old
07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Unholy

Horrible offer. Can't see anything being done right now if those GM's have so many untouchables.

07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Selanne138

People are now downgrading Krejci to Peverley on the main board what a joke. Try Krejci and Peverley maybe thatd get some attention.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:47 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
People are now downgrading Krejci to Peverley on the main board what a joke. Try Krejci and Peverley maybe thatd get some attention.
Honestly I want Bobby to either be traded NOW or taken off the market completely. These trade proposals are getting really. He goes from being an all star franchise type player to being "shopped" and now his value is a 2nd line winger who is worth a rental at the deadline.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:25 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Honestly I want Bobby to either be traded NOW or taken off the market completely. These trade proposals are getting really. He goes from being an all star franchise type player to being "shopped" and now his value is a 2nd line winger who is worth a rental at the deadline.
He's not on the market!?

Old
07-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Ignore button is useful. Even if Bob came out and said "Bobby Ryan will never be traded" there would still be a million proposals. Get used to it.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:27 AM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
Don't know if it was posted but Penner took the cup to sharkyz Newport beach last week......

The ducks took it there back in 07 then took a picture with it on the beach...

Old
07-29-2012, 06:38 AM
pesko

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post

I've been thinking about it as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign here.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:12 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Dominic Moore could be had possibly easily now that Winnik joined this team aswell and Moore isn't going to cost them a lot. San Jose has a ton of centers so Moore could be on his way out. I don't know a lot about him, he's not big but apparently he gives full effort every day and by looking at his stats, it seems like he could add some much needed scoring in the bottom 6.

I would still like to see Murray going after Arnott because I think he's better than Moore but older on the other hand. Moore could possibly be a long term solution unlike Arnott. Moore would be cheaper too... Arnott would be more like a 3rd line center.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Yeah at this point, id rather trade for a top six winger to play with Getz and Perry and have Murray sign Arnott. This also lets us keep Ryan.

I have given up hope that Murray will do what he's said he would do for a while (move for a big player since the prospect depth is stacked). I just don't want to Ryan moved unless it's for sick overpayment. Anyway with those moves, it'd look like this:

FA/Trade-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Arnott/Bonino-Palmieri
DSP-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Arnott/Bonino-Cogs
Beleskey/Staubitz

Ideally cogs is moved in the trade so one of Staubiz or Beleskey could be in every day lineup.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

I don't know about Dominick Moore. The guy has played on nine teams in seven seasons and we'd make it ten in eight. There's something wrong with you if you can't stick with a team very long. Also as a defensive player he ended up -18. True -10 of that was with Tampa but he was -8 in San Jose in 20 games and scored no goals. He's good at the dot but I'd rather have Holland. The kid needs to earn his keep and work his way up the lineup.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I don't know about Dominick Moore. The guy has played on nine teams in seven seasons and we'd make it ten in eight. There's something wrong with you if you can't stick with a team very long. Also as a defensive player he ended up -18. True -10 of that was with Tampa but he was -8 in San Jose in 20 games and scored no goals. He's good at the dot but I'd rather have Holland. The kid needs to earn his keep and work his way up the lineup.
Holland's not a fit in a fourth line role and Moore really is. As far as him bouncing around a lot, he didn't really establish himelf until 07-80, so it's more like 6 teams in 5 seasons. And even then it's very circumstantial. Established himself with the Leafs, was traded at the deadline, money demands were too high so had to take a one year deal with Florida, traded at the deadline to the Habs, signed with Tampa, but only a two year deal, traded at the deadline to San Jose. He just has a knack of being on a non-playoff team when his contract's expiring.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:43 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Holland's not a fit in a fourth line role and Moore really is. As far as him bouncing around a lot, he didn't really establish himelf until 07-80, so it's more like 6 teams in 5 seasons. And even then it's very circumstantial. Established himself with the Leafs, was traded at the deadline, money demands were too high so had to take a one year deal with Florida, traded at the deadline to the Habs, signed with Tampa, but only a two year deal, traded at the deadline to San Jose. He just has a knack of being on a non-playoff team when his contract's expiring.
How's he not fit for that role? Boudreau wants to roll four lines and the only way you can do that is with a talented center. I think Holland's ready for that. More than that I feel like centers need to ease into the lineup more than wingers and the fourth line is the way to do that. Getzy started on the fourth line and Holland is cut from the same cloth.

We've been stocking our fourth line with marginal players for years and that needs to stop. Dominic Moore is okay I guess but he'll want more money than he's worth and I just hate his plus/minus numbers.

Old
07-29-2012, 03:31 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Anaheim didn't say they wanted to roll four scoring lines, just four lines that can all play minutes. A 4th line of Winnik-Moore-Beleskey/Cogs for example would be a great 4th line to have.

I would 100 times out of 100 prefer Moore as the #4 center then Holland, not because of skill level, but purely because Holland shouldn't be played in the NHL in a #4 role tbh.

Old
07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Yeah at this point, id rather trade for a top six winger to play with Getz and Perry and have Murray sign Arnott. This also lets us keep Ryan.

I have given up hope that Murray will do what he's said he would do for a while (move for a big player since the prospect depth is stacked). I just don't want to Ryan moved unless it's for sick overpayment. Anyway with those moves, it'd look like this:

FA/Trade-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Arnott/Bonino-Palmieri
DSP-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Arnott/Bonino-Cogs
Beleskey/Staubitz

Ideally cogs is moved in the trade so one of Staubiz or Beleskey could be in every day lineup.
What are we giving up in trade to land a top six forward?

Old
07-29-2012, 04:46 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Personally I think it may be time to use Holland, Cogs and a pick to get a 2nd line center. I think we really missed out on guys like Roy and Riberio (can't believe how little he went for.)
I do feel like Holland, Cogs and a 2nd could get us a top 6 winger or hopefully a top 6 center but ideally would like to keep Holland (just in case Bonino doesn't progress) and use a another prospect instead.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
One of Lydman/Cogs + futures. I'm not talking an allstar here, just someone who can allow DSP not have to be rushed into top line duty.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Personally I think it may be time to use Holland, Cogs and a pick to get a 2nd line center. I think we really missed out on guys like Roy and Riberio (can't believe how little he went for.)
I do feel like Holland, Cogs and a 2nd could get us a top 6 winger or hopefully a top 6 center but ideally would like to keep Holland (just in case Bonino doesn't progress) and use a another prospect instead.
There's a reason why prospects at Holland's stage of development are rarely traded.

We didn't miss out on Roy. We didn't have what Buffalo wanted.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Exit Dose

"ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER: Jeff Miller has a collection of links from around the internet tying Anaheim Ducks winger Bobby Ryan to the Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Buffalo Sabres, Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: With Rick Nash off the trade market and Alexander Semin signed by the Hurricanes, Ryan would become the most attractive under-30 scoring forward potentially available. That being said, these reports are merely speculation at this point. I’m sure the GMs of those respective teams would love to land Ryan, but there’s no conclusive way of knowing if they’re pursuing him, let alone if the Ducks are truly shopping him."

Old
07-29-2012, 09:34 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Arnott
Holmstrom
Langkow
Moore

Still a handful of vets on the FA market that can help our bottom 6.

Closed Thread