Yes i have and it would be nice to know why you feel they're false .
Simple answer is optimism trumps realism on a message board discussion where bias is present particularly when it comes to a favourite team.
Logic suggest that in most case that production at a lower level determines future potential at a higher one.. Since the talent level of players in direct competition increase as you move up towards the NHL, it puts a downward strain of statistics of individual players through better opponents.
ie. If your a average scoring player in junior you wouldn't be expected to he a better statistical player in the NHL. However high scoring juniors could translate to higher scoring NHLers and this is where the "future" potential quotient comes into play to access these type of things.
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Yes why oh why would he pick up a stellar goalie like Gerber, he should have gone with a much worse goalie.. like.. Gerber?
Gerber overperformed here, that is not Burke fault. When we needed a goalie, he went out and found a bad one. He didn't know he would play excellently for the remainder of the season.
Tallon walked into the cap space. There is no denying that, While Burke walked into a mess of a team. Thought he could salvage something by a few marquee signings and trades. As we all know, that was a failed experiment. But he was parlayed most of those failed pieces into something positive for the leafs. He is on the right track.
FLA Prospect Rankings 1. Jacob Markstrom - G [84.78%] - Played for Brynas(SEL)
2. Erik Gudbranson - D [73.08%] - Played for Kingston(OHL) 3. Michael Grabner - RW [60.42%] - Played for Manitoba(AHL)
4. Nick Bjugstad - C [50.00%] - Played for Blane(USHS) 5. Colby Robak - D [33.33%] - Played for Brandon(WHL) 6. Michal Repik - RW [43.48%] - Played for Rochester(AHL)
7. Quinton Howden - LW [40.48%] - Played for Moose Jaw(WHL)
8. John McFarland - C [44.74%] - Played for Sudbury(OHL) 9. Jason Garrison - D [39.47%] - Played for Rochester(AHL) 10. Keaton Ellerby - D [43.90%] - Played for Rochester(AHL)
11. Alexander Petrovic - D [38.46%] - Played for Red Deer(WHL) 12. Evgeni Dadonov - RW [60.47%] - Played for Rochester(AHL) 13. Drew Shore - C [38.46%] - Played for Denver(NCAA)
14. Kenndal McArdle - LW [40.43%] - Played for Rochester(AHL) 15. Alexander Salak - G [48.48%] - Played for Rochester(AHL)
16. AJ Jenks - LW [59.38%] - Played for Plymouth(OHL)
17. Connor Brickley - C [40.62%] - Played for Des Moines(USHL) 18. Marc Cheverie - G [27.27%] - Played for Denver(NCAA)
19. Joonas Donskoi - RW [45.45%] - Played for Karpat(SM-Liiga Jr) 20. Garrett Wilson - LW [25.81%] - Played for Owen Sound
Also Inherited was
Mike Santorelli - RW [57.58%] - Played for Milwaukee(AHL)
Scott Timmins - C [54.55%] - Played for Windsor(OHL)
Zachary Hyman - RW [51.52%] - Played for Hamilton(CCHL)
Dmitry Kulikov - D 2009 [14th]
Shawn Matthias - C 2006 [47th]
Michael Frolik - C 2006 [10th]
Not bad at all.
Was able to trade Horton and Campbell for Picks. Who on the leafs in Nov. 2008 couldhave gotten the return Campbell and Horton got?
I don't know where this whole 'twisting of facts' claim comes from?
Tallon had 13 picks in the first 3 rounds in his first 2 drafts with the team . Is there any reason you left out there top prospect Huberdeau ? I also didn't say he wasn't left any prospects , i said the reason Florida's prospect pool is so highly rated is because added a large number of extra picks .