Feels bad man

vCash: 500
Well to lighten the mood, this is nice

Old
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 50
That doesn't say much, but at least they got a great DKM track in the trailer.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Well to lighten the mood, this is nice

no flames cracked the commercial

Old
04-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Signature
One brick at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
no flames cracked the commercial
Good team bias - no wait, Edmonton's there.

Daaaaaaaaaaang.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames CBA Guy View Post
That doesn't say much, but at least they got a great DKM track in the trailer.
"Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression."
This is basically taken from NBA 2K

"NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever."

"Enforcer Engine – There is a code in hockey, when it's broken you have to respond. A first for the NHL franchise, Fight Night technology delivers a new 3rd person experience, physics-based punch targeting and player size differentiation to every fight, creating the most authentic and electrifying experience yet."

They're basically taking engines from FIFA and Fight Night and ideas from NBA 2K. Which honestly doesn't bother me because those are some really solid games...

Old
04-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

FIFA and Fight Night are both great titles for EA Sports, so I am glad they're incorporating stuff from those franchises into the NHL line. That thing from NBA 2K sounds pretty interesting, might make BAP more interesting.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:06 PM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Good team bias - no wait, Edmonton's there.

Daaaaaaaaaaang.
kind of expected jake allens save on brodie to make it.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:37 PM
MarkGio

They need to focus on other areas, like really. Bring back the purpose hook. It was a way to take a quiet penalty and slow guys down. Where's the on-one-knee shot? Have it so you can purposely miss the net in the offensive zone, in order to ring it around the boards or bounce it off the end boards

Old
04-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Meh. I'd care if they were releasing it on a handheld.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:06 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
They need to focus on other areas, like really. Bring back the purpose hook. It was a way to take a quiet penalty and slow guys down. Where's the on-one-knee shot? Have it so you can purposely miss the net in the offensive zone, in order to ring it around the boards or bounce it off the end boards
You can do that right now.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
You can do that right now.
How? I shoot to the far left it hits the Goalie's far right. If there was a way to shoot so far it would bounce off the boards, that would make things more challenging.

As far as ringing it around the boards, you can't do it once your in the offensive zone unless you pass it along the boards. But when the D shoots, it automatically goes towards the goalie

Old
04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
How? I shoot to the far left it hits the Goalie's far right. If there was a way to shoot so far it would bounce off the boards, that would make things more challenging.

As far as ringing it around the boards, you can't do it once your in the offensive zone unless you pass it along the boards. But when the D shoots, it automatically goes towards the goalie
I'm wondering the same thing. I always end up accidentally ripping it across the boards with my dmen...

Old
04-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

NHL 13's actual gameplay was the worst in a long long time. Goalies were way to awesome, 2 on 1's were impossible to score on and the comp could score on the dumbest shots ever constantly

Old
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
MarkGio

The coaching is terrible, both in-game and out-of-game. If I call a time out I want to set **** up. I want my team to be 1-3-1 during a rebuild, and 3-1-1 during a cup run. I want more options

Old
04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
MarkGio

Plus they should bring back the funding scheme for GMs. Clubs on a budget can allocate scouting, development, vs wealthy clubs. That would be sick in GM connected. I'd like better ratings on prospects too. The gold star, 57 overall is asinine when his stats are all in the 80s

Old
04-15-2013, 10:00 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
NHL 13's actual gameplay was the worst in a long long time. Goalies were way to awesome, 2 on 1's were impossible to score on and the comp could score on the dumbest shots ever constantly
Goalies were awesome for the normal user, but guys who knew how to beat them made things way too hard. Goalie A.I should be better in terms of learning the opponent and that the same thing twice shouldn't work. At guys who are killing it, should be stone walled sometimes

Old
04-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

Quote:
Plus they should bring back the funding scheme for GMs. Clubs on a budget can allocate scouting, development, vs wealthy clubs. That would be sick in GM connected. I'd like better ratings on prospects too. The gold star, 57 overall is asinine when his stats are all in the 80s
Tell me about it. I have Seth Jones on my roster, he's 23 and a 67 overall. As we all know, his potential is 4.5 green stars.

In comparison, Sieloff is an 81 and Wotherspoon is 80.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
MarkGio

Can someone explain to me the abundance of Avatars that have guys with borderline KKK paper bags over their head?

Old
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Can someone explain to me the abundance of Avatars that have guys with borderline KKK paper bags over their head?
You mean the Oilers fans who have them? I feel like that one is self explanatory.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Apparently Oilers fans are ashamed of their organization. Though they have reason to be, I think way too many fans expected to contenders this season. When in reality when they are last place or 2nd last for 3 years, they should just be happy to not be in last place. Look how long the Islanders rebuild took when they started from nothing.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Sean Monahan
Daz One

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I always end up accidentally ripping it across the boards with my dmen...
hold right bumper(if you are xbox) and shoot. Then it'll be a dumpin

Old
04-17-2013, 02:32 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Very excited for NHL 14. I like to play BAP, so it'll be nice having a more variety of players. One thing I wish EA would do is having a sharing-system, where you could upload sliders and other people can download them (sort of like 2k Share). The gameplay also needs some adjusting. People can score wary too easily just taking a wrist shot outside the slot.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:52 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Lol I picked up Carle, "Offensive D" to put up points points from back end on my GM mode, the offensive extraordinaire averaged 10 pts for the three seasons I had him , and seemed to be terrible defensively, traded him and a pick for Fowler, Cam has 15 points in 20 games lol. Also have Kane-Koivu-Gaborik as a top line, first season all were well above a ppg, Kane scored 30, Gabs scored 40+ and won the rocket, the next season, none get past 65 pts, Kane scored 17, Gabs scores 25. Jesus, the game gets frustrating. Hopefully they put some more work into the GM mode.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Anglesmith
Lord Byron

vCash: 1576
I'm amused with all the Simpsonsesque avatars in this forum. Where do these come from? Is there any way I could get a picture of a Simpsons-style clown with the caption "Butler" ?

Old
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

If anyones interested, Jarome sold his house. Doesn't look like he plans on coming back any time soon. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3410--nhl.html

Closed Thread