Wrestlemania 29 - All discussions/predictions here

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Saying Rock doesn't care is pretty bold.
I think it's reasonable to say that Rock doesn't care who he puts over to some extent. Has he ever had a problem putting someone over?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:08 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
If he cares about the business, he cares about every single little thing about it!

Old
03-20-2013, 08:08 AM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

vCash: 233
Which is why he doesn't care if he wrestles on Extreme Rules...

Wrestling on extreme rules = more buys = more money in The Rocks pocket, and ultimately, thats what business is all about

Old
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

If you say so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I think it's reasonable to say that Rock doesn't care who he puts over to some extent. Has he ever had a problem putting someone over?
Nope, I wouldn't say he ever had that problem.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Megahab

I was hoping Christian would have a match at Wrestlemania but it doesn't look like that will happen. Has he recovered from his injury? This will be the third straight year Christian doesn't have a match at Wrestlemania. And his last 3 WM matches have been in Money in the Bank ladder matches. You have go back to 2004 for the last time Christian had a Wrestlemania match based on an actual feud.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:23 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
My biggest question about Wrestlemania is actually post-WM. Where do they go with everybody?
Four out of the six wrestlers in the big matches won't be around a lot. Lesnar, HHH, Rock and Undertaker.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I was hoping Christian would have a match at Wrestlemania but it doesn't look like that will happen. Has he recovered from his injury? This will be the third straight year Christian doesn't have a match at Wrestlemania. And his last 3 WM matches have been in Money in the Bank ladder matches. You have go back to 2004 for the last time Christian had a Wrestlemania match based on an actual feud.
Ziggler cashes in. Wins the title. Christian attacks him. Boom, feud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Four out of the six wrestlers in the big matches won't be around a lot. Lesnar, HHH, Rock and Undertaker.
Basically Cena vs. the world for the summer? Maybe feud with Orton if he turns heel.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Why would Christian attack Ziggler randomly?

And seriously, if The Rock put over the ****ing Hurricane among other guys in his career, you think he gives a **** if he's wrestling at Extreme Rules? He's already confirmed for the show.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
Old
03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Ziggler cashes in. Wins the title. Christian attacks him. Boom, feud.

Basically Cena vs. the world for the summer? Maybe feud with Orton if he turns heel.
If CM Punk does take time off then there is only Cena. They have to start pushing the young talent.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:30 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Saying Rock doesn't care is pretty ****ing stupid. The guy makes a ton of ****ing money from his movies... He really doesn't need to come back to the WWE. Sure he makes a lot of money from WWE too but he has no reason to wrestle for just money.

Unless i'm missing what this conversation is about. Either way my statement is true.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Holy ****.

He doesn't care what SHOW he wrestles on. ****. I bet he'd wrestle on Raw if they asked. That's what the discussion is about. Someone brought up him wrestling on a B-level show like Extreme Rules, when, if he wrestled at EC, Rock shouldnt have a problem working ER and if he did, he wouldn't accept the date to work it.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Why would Christian attack Ziggler randomly?
Making a return at the biggest stage to start a feud and let ADR and Swagger continue theirs without a title taking the stage away from the story?

Quote:
And seriously, if The Rock put over the ****ing Hurricane among other guys in his career, you think he gives a **** if he's wrestling at Extreme Rules? He's already confirmed for the show.
Yes, I know. I get that they want Rock at a B-Level PPV to drive up the buyrate, just not as exciting to see him lose at back to back PPV to Cena.

Quote:
Holy ****.

He doesn't care what SHOW he wrestles on. ****. I bet he'd wrestle on Raw if they asked. That's what the discussion is about. Someone brought up him wrestling on a B-level show like Extreme Rules, when, if he wrestled at EC, Rock shouldnt have a problem working ER and if he did, he wouldn't accept the date to work it.
My whole reasoning was that maybe, just maybe, Rock could win at WM and drop the title to somebody else at ER.

I basically want anything but another Cena reign, regardless if it means living in a dream world. Heel champs are the best.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Making a return at the biggest stage to start a feud and let ADR and Swagger continue theirs without a title taking the stage away from the story?

That is pretty random. Christian and Ziggler don't have any history to warrant Christian returning to attack Ziggler after a match. It would be a heelish thing to do, but wouldn't make sense to attack another heel.

I do hope Christian comes back as a heel though. He has been a boring babyface for most of the last 4 years.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:05 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Except returning and starting a feud on the biggest stage shouldnt be random as **** and shouldn't ruin a guy like Zigglers first BIG moment. Christian also won't get another shot in the main event in WWE at this pace. Injured too many times in such a short period and the last heel run hurt him.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Megahab

Imagine Del Rio beating Swagger in a 10-15 minute match. Then Ziggler comes in and cashes in and wins the title. That would be a cool moment. Christian then coming in and attacking Ziggler would kill the segment. Christian's return would not nearly be as big a moment as Ziggler winning the title would be.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:29 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Would be awesome to have the World title match last 15-20 minutes, then who even wins fights Ziggler for the title in another 15-20 minute match.

Del Rio vs Swagger in a submission match
Winner vs Ziggler would just be awesome

Old
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Except returning and starting a feud on the biggest stage shouldnt be random as **** and shouldn't ruin a guy like Zigglers first BIG moment. Christian also won't get another shot in the main event in WWE at this pace. Injured too many times in such a short period and the last heel run hurt him.
Quote:
Imagine Del Rio beating Swagger in a 10-15 minute match. Then Ziggler comes in and cashes in and wins the title. That would be a cool moment. Christian then coming in and attacking Ziggler would kill the segment. Christian's return would not nearly be as big a moment as Ziggler winning the title would be.
Yeah you guys are right. Definitely don't want to kill Ziggler's momentum as I have high high high hopes for him.

Was just trying to get them in the ring together because they are both fantastic workers in the ring.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:07 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Wrestlemania costs extra this year...

Quote:
- Even if WrestleMania 29 doesn't match the record-setting 2007 event or come even with WrestleMania 28, it will most likely set a new mark with overall pay-per-view revenue. WWE has increased the price of WrestleMania by $5 so it will be $59.95 for standard definition and $69.95 for HD this year. If the price increase doesn't turn buyers away, it will lead to $3 million in extra revenue, based on 1.2 million worldwide buys, not including the increase in viewers who have moved to HD. Based on changes in annual trends, viewers moving to HD could add another $900,000 in profit.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Megahab

The Rock was just on Leno. I was a little disappointed that he didn't come out with the WWE title. But then I was even more disappointed that there was no mention of Wrestlemania at all. He only promoted GI Joe.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:23 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Did the same ******** last year

Old
03-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Did the same ******** last year
Are you sure? I seem to remember him talking about his WWE return and also mentioned how great of a moment Survivor Series at MSG was a few months earlier. Maybe that was Conan or Letterman.

Tonight's interview had no mention of wrestling at all.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:43 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

He was on Fallon or some **** last year in March and only talked about his movie. No mention of Cena or Wrestlemania whatsoever then either.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Megahab

Weird. I assumed they would mention Wrestlemania tonight. It seems like WWE was deliberately avoided from being mentioned.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
The Rock was just on Leno. I was a little disappointed that he didn't come out with the WWE title. But then I was even more disappointed that there was no mention of Wrestlemania at all. He only promoted GI Joe.
Horrible. I thought the whole point of giving this guy the title was to get it some mainstream exposure? Not sure who makes the decision on when he brings the belt along or when he can discuss the WWE, but whoever it is clearly DGAF about the rasslin'

Old
03-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Snipeshow

It's time for the WWE to move on from the Rock ever being champ again. He can return for the nostalgia matches like 'Taker, HHH, etc. But no more of this part-time title holder ********. It ruins everything for the full-timers that are more than deserving for a push.

Closed Thread