HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Evidence of the Hockey Gods

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Players that demand trades (especially in public, not just telling the gm) are classless no matter how good

Old
07-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Ragss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Except Dallas won both of those games.

We got screwed out of a chance at overtime which the gods made up for the next game. I mean the puck just hopped over his stick...clearly the gods.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
tmunnuch

Let the ******** flow through you

Old
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycore View Post
Nah man, Quebec City is probably just as "bright" as Calgary almost year round, bro.
Nice hockey knowledge. Tell me, how many times did the Flames beat the team that is 'one of the worst franchises in pro sports' last year? Hmm...

Old
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Affinity

I think it's time for you to get over it.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
LukeD
On Fire

As a Flames fan, I'm not ********. It's just pretty hilarious how this all happened

Old
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163

Old
07-24-2012, 06:35 PM
MardocAgain

Shea Weber

Old
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

before this turns into a pissing match, id like to contribute

insert video of puck going past quick last year, then changing directions mid air and not going in.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM
J Murda

vCash: 544
I just have to say that gif is hilarious. Right when an old fashioned melee is starting Erixon looks like he is trying to casually go to the bench and not get involved. No wonder the Rangers didn't want him.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
ThePuckBaron
Avalado Coloranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Murda View Post
I just have to say that gif is hilarious. Right when an old fashioned melee is starting Erixon looks like he is trying to casually go to the bench and not get involved. No wonder the Rangers didn't want him.
I could hear Don Cherry right as that happened...

"That damn money-hungry visor-wearing commy"

Ron Mclean: "Uhh actually Don he's a Swede"

Don: "Swede, Fin, Russian whatever!"

Old
07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Ashasx

How are Flames fans ******** here?

Yeah, June 1, 2011, we were all raging mad and ******** then. Time passes, and this punk gets traded from the only team he said he would sign for.

It's hilarious now. I hope nothing but the worst for Erixon. I mean, how many players has the Saddledome actually boo'd since the lockout? The place is quiet. Erixon is the only one I can think of right now.

This has nothing to do with disliking the Columbus franchise. This is simply about Erixon. The guy was worried about not getting ice time, and yet Brodie, who was lower than him on the depth chart, got all the chances in the world and performed adequately.

This is hockey. There's no reason at all to be civil about this. I hope Erixon crashes and burns.

Last edited by Ashasx: 07-24-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old
07-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Sureves

From what I see it's mostly Columbus fans here who are butt-hurt based on the OP's comments about Columbus (while that comment was fair, Calgary is also a disaster so I see their point) and not Calgary fans who are butt-hurt.

Calgary fans are just happy Erixon is having (one of) the worst possible scenario(s) unfold for him in terms of playing in the NHL and they couldn't be happier to see it happening since he screwed them over.

I completely get it and am with them 100%.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:34 PM
DarthYenik

If we're talking the hockey gods exacting karma, I like Bobby Ryan scoring with Mikko Koivu's stick after Koivu stole Ryan's stick straight from his hands.

If we're talking general miracles, I think the fact that Teemu Selanne is still playing hockey after about a decade ago it looked like he was done. On top of that he's still a top scorer.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:39 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Similar story -- Hurricanes draft pick Fredrik Andersen refused to sign a contract with the team, citing a lack of opportunity for immediate NHL playing time. He re-entered the draft and was taken by the Ducks.

Within a month, Hurricanes backup Brian Boucher suffered a long-term injury... #3 option Mike Murphy bolted for the KHL... leaving ECHL'er John Muse as the only healthy pro goalie in the organization other than Cam Ward.

Andersen would have had the easiest imaginable path to the NHL, and will now have to fight his way through the system the old-fashioned way in Anaheim.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunnuch View Post
Let the ******** flow through you

Old
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Ferros

I'm not a big fan of Erixon, I think he is extremely overrated by some and I don't think he will become anything special but some people should just calm down. How can you be so upset that he wants to play on the same team as his dad used to? C'mon, he could have handled it better and told the Flames earlier but other than that he didn't do much wrong.

In Europe players can choose where they want to play, they aren't handled around like slaves (well-paid ones) with no control over where they will play next. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more players, especially Europeans, that will do just like Erixon did in the future, that's just how it works over here, it has nothing to do with being an ass, it has to do with different sport-cultures.

If I had the choice, I would for sure avoid playing in Calgary too, it's a bad team/organization with a "not so good"-looking future and there are probably more exciting places to live in too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Similar story -- Hurricanes draft pick Fredrik Andersen refused to sign a contract with the team, citing a lack of opportunity for immediate NHL playing time. He re-entered the draft and was taken by the Ducks.

Within a month, Hurricanes backup Brian Boucher suffered a long-term injury... #3 option Mike Murphy bolted for the KHL... leaving ECHL'er John Muse as the only healthy pro goalie in the organization other than Cam Ward.

Andersen would have had the easiest imaginable path to the NHL, and will now have to fight his way through the system the old-fashioned way in Anaheim.
Andersens goal was to become a starter in the NHL in the near future, he wouldn't get the chance to become that as long as Ward is playing for the Hurricanes so I'm not so sure he is that upset about it. IIRC he said something like that he would rather play in SEL than to be a backup that only gets to play a few games for the Hurricanes, which would have been all he would have gotten in a best case scenario for him. It would have been a different story if it was Ward that suffered from a long term-injury, then I think Andersen would have wished that he could go back to the Hurricanes.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferros View Post
I'm not a big fan of Erixon, I think he is extremely overrated by some and I don't think he will become anything special but some people should just calm down. How can you be so upset that he wants to play on the same team as his dad used to? C'mon, he could have handled it better and told the Flames earlier but other than that he didn't do much wrong.

In Europe players can choose where they want to play, they aren't handled around like slaves (well-paid ones) with no control over where they will play next. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more players, especially Europeans, that will do just like Erixon did in the future, that's just how it works over here, it has nothing to do with being an ass, it has to do with different sport-cultures.

If I had the choice, I would for sure avoid playing in Calgary too, it's a bad team/organization with a "not so good"-looking future and there are probably more exciting places to live in too.
It's called a draft for a reason.

If players got to pick and choose where they wanted to play, all Canadian teams except for perhaps Toronto and Montreal would die. New York would have all the young talent in the league.

He led the Flames on for two years, lying that he was dedicated to this franchise. It wasn't until a week before the deadline that the Flames were informed of his nonsense concerns (lies). He was traded less than 5 minutes before the deadline, and in those 5 minutes, signed with the Rangers. The Flames got far less than his true value in return, obviously.

Had this happened to the Canucks, or Philadephia, whatever, everyone would be agreeing with those fan's right to complain. But for some reason that doesn't make sense, Flames fans shouldn't be angry. Whatever. People mock the Flames for lacking good prospects, but when we finally had one at the time, he wouldn't stay because an apparent lack of good prospects? How do you get out of that vicious cycle?

So yeah, I have a problem with lying brats who can't stand by their word. If you find that weird, so be it. But I can see which country you are from and know your bias.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
It's called a draft for a reason.

If players got to pick and choose where they wanted to play, all Canadian teams except for perhaps Toronto and Montreal would die. New York would have all the young talent in the league.

He led the Flames on for two years, lying that he was dedicated to this franchise. It wasn't until a week before the deadline that the Flames were informed of his nonsense concerns (lies). He was traded less than 5 minutes before the deadline, and in those 5 minutes, signed with the Rangers. The Flames got far less than his true value in return, obviously.

Had this happened to the Canucks, or Philadephia, whatever, everyone would be agreeing with those fan's right to complain. But for some reason that doesn't make sense, Flames fans shouldn't be angry. Whatever. People mock the Flames for lacking good prospects, but when we finally had one at the time, he wouldn't stay because an apparent lack of good prospects? How do you get out of that vicious cycle?

So yeah, I have a problem with lying brats who can't stand by their word. If you find that weird, so be it. But I can see which country you are from and know your bias.

Good one!

Old
07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
candyman82

There are no hockey gods.

Jeff Carter parties his way out of Philadelphia, sulks his way out Columbus, and is rewarded with a cup?

I feel for Calgary fans, I didn't want Erixon going into the deal because of what he did to your team. It's the Columbus bashing that pisses me off.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Hopefully, the Hockey Gods also love a good redemption story after a lesson in humility.

Speaking of humility, the OP could use a little. The Jackets have had a rough existence but I'm still optimistic that they are on a better track right now than the Flames (no offense, Flames fans).

Old
07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Hopefully, the Hockey Gods also love a good redemption story after a lesson in humility.

Speaking of humility, the OP could use a little. The Jackets have had a rough existence but I'm still optimistic that they are on a better track right now than the Flames (no offense, Flames fans).
People are getting upset about the OP's one little phrase?

HF Boards, where a 30th place team that has only made the playoffs once in franchise history is in better shape than the Calgary Flames.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:20 PM
candyman82

Quote:
People are getting upset about the OP's one little phrase?

HF Boards, where a 30th place team that has only made the playoffs once in franchise history is in better shape than the Calgary Flames.
Looking toward the future, yes.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Looking toward the future, yes.
All the Flames would have to do is finish 30th to make progress, right?

Old
07-24-2012, 09:34 PM
candyman82

Quote:
All the Flames would have to do is finish 30th to make progress, right?
I think having the majority of your salary playing with NTCs could be a problem if you ever decide to rebuild. I don't know how many years Kiprusoff and Iginla have left, and overall the team seems stuck in a win-now mood with a roster that doesn't seem capable of that. I would love to be proven wrong, I have a lot of admiration for Calgary and the team. I just think the Flames could get stuck in a place where the Jackets have been for a while: Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to land impact players to fuel a rebuild.

Closed Thread