HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Free Agency Thread - Part Sechzehn: Canes Acquire Semin

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Hottubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I really want to know what this board's reaction would have been to Maatta at 8 and Pouliot at 22. I bet completely different.
good call

still think most would want a forward drafted at the 8 spot but the reaction woulda been much different with Maata who was projected at 10 i believe

Old
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
mpp9

Quote:
I really want to know what this board's reaction would have been to Maatta at 8 and Pouliot at 22. I bet completely different.
Maata fell to us. The point of contention for me is passing up on some serious high potential forward talent b/c of someone that could have very easily been had at 22.

Im not a scout but it would be interesting where Pouliot would have gone if we didn't pick him.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Nashville pays a quarter of the entire 14 years on the Weber contract in the first year. Do you really believe that a supposedly cash strapped team would after taking the worst of the financial hit suddenly say 'wow, what a good time to trade Weber'? The return would be huge because a team would only be stuck for 75% of the actual out of pocket for the next 13 years, which would bring most of the league into the bidding. But that is the same reason a team like Nashville keeps him then. To think that he is going to be traded next year is delusional.
We are talking about the players of today though. I wouldn't be surpised if he starts getting injured every year and misses more games than he plays. He can say whatever he wants... you know he doesn't want to be there.

Any word on if he's going to restructure that contract like Sakic did when he treated the Avs like crusty white poop?

Old
07-26-2012, 01:55 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

I've never been a big Dubinsky fan, but I have to give him props for how he's handled being traded to Columbus ... http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...y-arrives.html

Old
07-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Maata fell to us. The point of contention for me is passing up on some serious high potential forward talent b/c of someone that could have very easily been had at 22.

Im not a scout but it would be interesting where Pouliot would have gone if we didn't pick him.
he was ranked in the late teens mostly. Also considered possibly the top pure offensive defenseman in the draft. It's hard to judge a guy like that because his overall game is later, but that one really high quality is very attractive.

As far as swapping the picks being interesting on this board, nobody could use the argument that it was a big reach at 8. It would purely be based on the position. I'm more interested what the super negative people would be saying, not the people expressing reasonable doubts like you.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

This....

Old
07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
We are talking about the players of today though. I wouldn't be surpised if he starts getting injured every year and misses more games than he plays. He can say whatever he wants... you know he doesn't want to be there.

Any word on if he's going to restructure that contract like Sakic did when he treated the Avs like crusty white poop?
can't restructure contracts

Old
07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
I've never been a big Dubinsky fan, but I have to give him props for how he's handled being traded to Columbus ... http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...y-arrives.html
solid interview.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
IMO it would have been the same. People just wanted a F. Can't say I blame them. There were good ones on the table.

DePo and Maatta are good players and they're Penguins now. I would rather post about their developement than shoulda, coulda, woulda....

Old
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Not sure how legit.

Matias Strozyk ‏@MaStrozyk
SovSport report that #Canes will announce the signing of Semin within the next hour. Believed to be a 1y deal with higher $ than last year.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
can't restructure contracts
Thats something that should be reworked in the new CBA. Those front loaded contracts, to that degree, are nothing more than bully tactics.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Thats something that should be reworked in the new CBA. Those front loaded contracts, to that degree, are nothing more than bully tactics.
I think they'll get rid of the frontloaded contracts in general. Limit how much the salary can vary from the average.

Old
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
I watched an interview with him on the CBJ's site yesterday and I did feel kind of good for them for at least getting a stand up guy who was willing to rush there and be nice about it and reassure them. He said a couple nice things about Anisimov too. Guess these things become a whole lot more important after they got burned with Carter and Nash.

OT: I want Sid to be JJ's alternate captain at the ASG. It would bring out the A+ Sid giggles during the draft A LOT.

Old
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 View Post
Not sure how legit.

SovSport report that #Canes will announce the signing of Semin within the next hour. Believed to be a 1y deal with higher $ than last year.
It's SovSport ... flip a coin ... wait another 30 minutes

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Not sure how legit.

I don't know who that is, but I don't like him

Old
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:

This is just my guess, but I think Tampa might have selected Pouliot at #10 and if not them, then Calgary would have picked him at #14. They really liked him from what I heard.

And I think that the draft would have been different if we took Forsberg. Like we wouldn't have had both Forsberg AND Maatta, we take Forsberg, then Calgary takes Pouliot at #14, then the Sabres don't trade up to pick Grigorenko and take the best player at #21 (Olli Maatta) then we select Gaunce or Samuelsson at #22.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Von Malkin*

Quote:
Not sure how legit.

Wow I hope that's not true....signing semin was my last hope before I officially lost all faith in rajean shero

Old
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Malkin View Post
Wow I hope that's not true....signing semin was my last hope before I officially lost all faith in rajean shero
please calm down. It would suck, but its nowhere close to losing all faith time.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

Shero gave up on the free agent market. He's deep in his bunker, orchestrating another Neal/Gogo trade.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Serious Man View Post
Shero gave up on the free agent market. He's deep in his bunker, orchestrating another Neal/Gogo trade.
man I really hope Shero does his trade talks out of a secret bunker somewhere in the woods.

Bylsma: Will you be in today Ray?
Shero: Not today Dan, I have a trade to make. I'll talk to you in a few days.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
OT: I want Sid to be JJ's alternate captain at the ASG. It would bring out the A+ Sid giggles during the draft A LOT.
on their board they're lamenting the fact that they might not be able to stuff the ballot box like the Ottawa fans did last year. I for one would be willing to help them out. JJ is Sid's BFF and Umberger is a Pittsburgh boy. plus they give the Pens an extra home game once a year.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Malkin View Post
Of course it was.

Old
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Not sure how legit.

Headed for the Sod Farm?

Old
Jaded-Fan

Anyone who thought Shero would sign Semin were delusional.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov
My source who is close to Semin on Semin signing w/ @NHLCanes: "It's true." So, Alexander Semin is set to play in Carolina next year.

Closed Thread