HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Subban going to be approached by other teams?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  #101
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
If he isn't signed after this week, supposedly the 2 sides were to meet, then I sure hope other teams are going to approach him. An offer sheet would be a greater return imho than a player asking for a trade at this point.

If he's a player who just loves Montreal, seriously what's with this hold up?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:43 AM
  #102
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If he isn't signed after this week, supposedly the 2 sides were to meet, then I sure hope other teams are going to approach him. An offer sheet would be a greater return imho than a player asking for a trade at this point.

If he's a player who just loves Montreal, seriously what's with this hold up?
My guess is that it isn't about the monetary figures but the length of the contract that's holding things up. Subban probably wants long term and the Habs probably want his next contract to be signed as an RFA still.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
  #103
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
What do you consider "ridiculous"? Because we have the owner and GM to make that happen here in Philadelphia.

For instance, is 7 years / $42,054,880 enough to make the Canadiens think? Compensation would be 4 1st round picks. Cap hit would be just over $6 M.
If this happens I think you should forget about your picks.

Not matching would be a hell of way of signify to the fan base that we're not going through any kind of mini-rebuild + hello tanking.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
  #104
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
What do you consider "ridiculous"? Because we have the owner and GM to make that happen here in Philadelphia.

For instance, is 7 years / $42,054,880 enough to make the Canadiens think? Compensation would be 4 1st round picks. Cap hit would be just over $6 M.
Subban - 7 years @ $42 million > Gomez - 7 years @ $51 million.

How's that for a different perspective. If we can afford Gomez, we can also afford Subban. If Philly wants to overpay in terms of young players, that's something I'd consider but otherwise, no.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
  #105
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,098
vCash: 500
http://www.rantsports.com/philadelph...bs-p-k-subban/

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
  #106
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
The CBA changed a few years back, before Chris Gratton signed with Philly after his Entry Level Contract was up. Scott Stevens, Brenden Shanahan were the same. Recent CBA does not allow players coming off their first Entry Level Contract to be signed to an offer sheet (in this case PK Subban). Carey Price entry level contract was 2 years ago, he resigned a 2 year contract after Halak got traded. This was why Montreal took Price to arbit so he cannot be offered a contract from other teams.

PK Subban cannot be offered a contract from any team but Montreal. When his next contract expires he is open game.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
  #107
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
PS. this was why Steven Stamkos wasn't offered a contract by other teams.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:02 AM
  #108
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Recent CBA does not allow players coming off their first Entry Level Contract to be signed to an offer sheet (in this case PK Subban).
This is incorrect.

Quote:
PS. this was why Steven Stamkos wasn't offered a contract by other teams.
How do you know he wasn't?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
  #109
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,131
vCash: 500
Several teams may have already tabled offers for Subban and he hasn't signed them.

It wasn't just Philly with cap space needed a top four defenceman.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
  #110
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Several teams may have already tabled offers for Subban and he hasn't signed them.

It wasn't just Philly with cap space needed a top four defenceman.
Mr. Meehan?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:29 PM
  #111
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,208
vCash: 500
Relax, folks, he isn't going anywhere.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:49 AM
  #112
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Relax, folks, he isn't going anywhere.
Why not? It has been more than a month now. He doesn't seem to want to sign with the team or thinks far too highly of himself. I certainly would entertain trade proposals with his name on them.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
  #113
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why not? It has been more than a month now. He doesn't seem to want to sign with the team or thinks far too highly of himself. I certainly would entertain trade proposals with his name on them.
What are you talking about? The only thing I've heard is that his agent and MB are going to sit down this week (I think) and start negotiating a contract. How can there be an impasse before negotiations even started.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
  #114
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What are you talking about? The only thing I've heard is that his agent and MB are going to sit down this week (I think) and start negotiating a contract. How can there be an impasse before negotiations even started.
That was last week.

Edit: In any case, it's not like hfers need a date to make up proposals

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
  #115
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
That was last week.
So you KNOW that they just started their talks and you're already considering trading him?

Premature?

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:39 PM
  #116
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
So you KNOW that they just started their talks and you're already considering trading him?

Premature?
So you're going to wait until September to remove the premature adjective? It's been a month+, the guy was supposed to be a priority now he's dead last on the list. Lets see what we can get is what I'm saying. Remember the PK being shopped rumors?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:57 PM
  #117
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
So you're going to wait until September to remove the premature adjective? It's been a month+, the guy was supposed to be a priority now he's dead last on the list. Lets see what we can get is what I'm saying. Remember the PK being shopped rumors?
What you get is the Bobby Ryan situation.

I don't see any reason to trade him but it would be really dumb to shop him around if we have no interest in trading him.

I'm not a Subbaniac, so it wouldn't bother me if he was traded but if we do we'll just end up with a big hole just as big as the one we fill unless we get a healthy overpayment.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
  #118
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What you get is the Bobby Ryan situation.

I don't see any reason to trade him but it would be really dumb to shop him around if we have no interest in trading him.

I'm not a Subbaniac, so it wouldn't bother me if he was traded but if we do we'll just end up with a big hole just as big as the one we fill unless we get a healthy overpayment.
With the minor exception that Ryan is already signed, I agree that this would need a good strategy. Maybe that's why the rumor was "quietly shopped around". In any case ok I'll yield and say maybe I' a week or 2 too early. I'm just dreaming a bit, Gudbranson in habs jersey next to Markov would be nice

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
  #119
habscup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Habs fans who believe Subban will be a hab come september are dillusional. Even if Subban is signed, he will be signed so that we can trade him and get something back.

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
  #120
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Habs fans who believe Subban will be a hab come september are dillusional. Even if Subban is signed, he will be signed so that we can trade him and get something back.
Posters like you make this place hard to stomach at times, you make an outlandish assumption all whilst calling others dillusional. I'm sorry if you don't see the humor here, haha, but you're completely out to lunch.


Subban will be a hab 100%. You can take that to the bank. Why are some people so dumb?

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:34 PM
  #121
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Habs fans who believe Subban will be a hab come september are dillusional. Even if Subban is signed, he will be signed so that we can trade him and get something back.
Carey Price signed on September 2nd, 2010 for his last contract, followed up with the best season of his career, and just re-signed for another 6 years. Why is Subban leaving? Its not even August!

Some of you posters are either delusional, have too much time on your hands to complain on hfboards, or both.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:45 PM
  #122
Wassup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Habs fans who believe Subban will be a hab come september are dillusional. Even if Subban is signed, he will be signed so that we can trade him and get something back.
Uuuummmmmm, is this meant to be sarcastic? . . .

Wassup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
  #123
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
http://awinninghabit.com/2012/07/29/pk-subban-pugilist/

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
  #124
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
he will sign

type of player Bergevin will love. All heart & character.
not fully matured, but it will come.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:18 PM
  #125
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
So you're going to wait until September to remove the premature adjective? It's been a month+, the guy was supposed to be a priority now he's dead last on the list. Lets see what we can get is what I'm saying. Remember the PK being shopped rumors?
Price's previous contract was signed on September 2nd, 2010. There was some similar hysteria on the board that offseason, it turned out to be business as usual. Sometimes it just takes a while.

edit: oops, missed Jakomyte's post. Old news!

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.