HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

La-cbj

Old
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
bral
Go Kings!

vCash: 500
La-cbj

To CBJ: Jonathan Bernier + Brad Richardson + Thomas Hickey

To LA: LA's 1st '13 + NYR 1st '13

Gives LA two very late first rounders (good value for Bernier in a small market). While CBJ gets a #1 goalie this season and beyond as well as Richardson 3rd liner who could easily play on their 2nd line.

Edit: Threw in Thomas Hickey for good measure, give our kids who can't crack a tough lineup a chance to play.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Doubt Columbus would bite.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Prairie Habs

I could definitely see CBJ being interested in Bernier but I assume they see having 3 firsts in a crazy deep draft as an opportunity to set their franchise in the right direction long term. Also they just traded for Bob and they may be content with hoping he or Mason can prove himself behind their best D in a while.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post

Gives LA two very late first rounders (good value for Bernier in a small market). While CBJ gets a #1 goalie this season and beyond as well as Richardson 3rd liner who could easily play on their 2nd line.

Edit: Threw in Thomas Hickey for good measure, give our kids who can't crack a tough lineup a chance to play.
I don't think Columbus needs more defensive prospects, and they seem to have something of a glut down the middle now.

Something around Bernier and one of the two 1sts might make sense, though.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
kinghock

Quote:

To CBJ: Jonathan Bernier + Brad Richardson

To LA: LA's 1st '13 + CBL 3rd

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

This will be difficult to respond properly to without breaking site rules, but I'll do my best.

*ahem*

We had no use or desire for Thomas Hickey when he was being suggested as a possibility in the ancient days of yore after he was drafted. We continued to have no use for him after we started getting a few blueline prospects of note of our own. Guys like John Moore and David Savard come to mind.

We have since added Ryan Murray and Tim Erixon. We rebuilt the blueline as well on the roster. Tyutin-Nikitin as a pairing was being compared to Suter-Weber by advanced stat folks (no, really), and JMFJ-Wisniewski was a plus pairing last year. We have one spot available for which FOUR top quality defense prospects will be competing.

AND YET, you STILL have the umitigated GALL to try to throw Hickey in our direction as though he has any value to us whatsoever, and you "justify" it with "giving him a chance to play"?

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-24-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: bit too far...
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
To CBJ: Jonathan Bernier + Brad Richardson

To LA: LA's 1st '13 + CBL 3rd
Problem #1: Our 3rd will be in the hands of the New York Rangers from now until they make the Cup finals. If they don't make the Cup finals this year... well, they're keeping it.

Problem #3: Brad Richardson adds nothing useful or substantial to this team. We have more than enough bottom-6 guys, thanks.

Problem #2: Bernier is unproven. There is a huge, raging debate over whether or not it's worth picking him up going on at the CBJ boards. I am part of the faction that says that if we give up anything more than we gave up for Sergei Bobrovsky, we are being ripped off. This crosses that line.

So I don't think we'd go for this one.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

I'm just really, really sick and tired of getting "offers" from people who Did Not Do The Research. It's insulting.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-24-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
TSA0402

I usually might think about a 1st for Bernier. The thing is I'm not really sure the difference between between Bernier and Bobrovsky is a first round pick. Nor has Bernier done enough to justify that.

But yea, two firsts for Bernier and couple of smaller pieces? Thats a big no.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's not a bad proposal, but as an LA fan personally I'd still like to keep Hickey.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm just really, really sick and tired of getting "offers" from people who Did Not Do The Research. It's insulting.

So counter... I believe the value to be close maybe i'm off on the fit, that's where you come in, knowing your teams needs better than i.

To CBJ: Bernier + Dwight King

To LA: LA 1st + NYR 1st

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Bernier
Clifford
Kings 2nd

Kings 1st
Rangers 1st

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
My Sweet Shadow

With Mason and Bobrovsky, I don't really see Bernier as being much of an upgrade. Richardson is your average 3rd line player, and Hickey would be somewhat redundant with Erixon, Murray, and Savard all coming up the pipeline and close to competing for spots.

I'd say Columbus passes and sticks with the three 1sts in this draft (unless they're competing for a spot at the Trade Deadline...then maybe they move one or two).

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
TSA0402

To the previous proposals. No. No. No. No.

Its not just about value. But team needs.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Several problems with the OPs proposal (and I'm going to ignore the Kings fans counters asking for a ton of firsts and giving up roster players off our SC winning team, that includes our 13th forward, Clifford, for just late round 1sts)

1) After Bernier, Kings are very thin at NHL-ready goalies...the proposal does not have a goalie coming back

2) Throwing in Hickey who CBJ doesn't value thus getting us poor return for him and ignores CBJs needs; same with Richardson who the Kings can use as a valuable reserve

3) Asking for way too much stuff, especially stuff that CBJ needs for their rebuild

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Columbus are at the contract limit aren't they? So they can't trade picks for players

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM
BeastoftheEast85

It doesn't work for either team. Columbus already has a decent trio of young goalies in Mason, Bob, and York, and moreso need quality young players to rebuild their roster.

LA wants to contend now and not later. So they are looking for a key roster player as the main piece in a trade for Bernier not picks. Maybe something around Dubinsky (If he returns to top 6 form) + one of their young goaltenders for Bernier come deadline.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok maybe try this Bernier and any two of the following Andrei Loktionov Brandon Kozun Stefan Legein scored anyones rights we have playing in europe (moller Justin Azevedo hollaway ) or richardson for the kings frist columbus 2nd mason and if u need to dump a contract add one if not fine

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastoftheEast85 View Post
LA wants to contend now and not later. So they are looking for a key roster player as the main piece in a trade for Bernier not picks. Maybe something around Dubinsky (If he returns to top 6 form) + one of their young goaltenders for Bernier come deadline.
No, our roster is just fine as it is so we don't need to add. We could use picks or prospects, not roster players.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Columbus needs at least 2 1st's in this upcoming draft given the fact that Howson is now rebuilding the team.

I wouldn't be against acquiring Bernier, but Mason should be going back in the deal and there shouldn't be more than one 1st involved.

Maybe something like:

LAK - LA 1st 2013, Matt Calvert, Steve Mason

CBJ - Jonathan Bernier, maybe a dump or something.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Columbus needs at least 2 1st's in this upcoming draft given the fact that Howson is now rebuilding the team.

I wouldn't be against acquiring Bernier, but Mason should be going back in the deal and there shouldn't be more than one 1st involved.

Maybe something like:

counter proposal:

LAK: LA's choice of either LA's 1st or NY's 1st, 3rd, Mason

CBJ: Bernier

Old
07-24-2012, 01:06 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This from the guy who claimed Lokitinov was a winger
Need to chill out man

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

Maybe something like:

As a Kings fan, I'd take this without a second thought.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
TSA0402

So what happens when Quick gets injured?

Old
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

Maybe something like:

That looks like a great deal to me.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote