HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread Part XI: The Rios Walkoff, Kustok Last-Night-Pied Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
This is beyond frustrating.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:55 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
suck the fox

Old
08-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Illinihockey

Saw Konerko has a mild concussion, may miss a week.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:59 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Hope they give him 15 off. Seems to me even before last night he's doing his typical play through injuries **** and don't tell anyone about it, and then come out with it in November after he's had a terrible 3 months. Just get healthy, he's not doing them any good trying to play hurt.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:46 AM
madgoat33

he's been pretty meh since the break.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Panzerspitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I will never understand why the sox are the only team in baseball who can't tee off on the royals ****** mid5 era starters. It just boggles my mind.
They did tee off J. Guthrie last time. Left-handers generally eat this line-up alive, however.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:51 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
They did tee off J. Guthrie last time. Left-handers generally eat this line-up alive, however.
i still can't get over that Bruce ****ing Chen owns them just about every start and then gets bent over by the rest of MLB.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:17 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i still can't get over that Bruce ****ing Chen owns them just about every start and then gets bent over by the rest of MLB.
Hey, he's Asian and Panamanian. He's a contradiction. He could be in those Skittles commercials.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:27 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Hey, he's Asian and Panamanian. He's a contradiction. He could be in those Skittles commercials.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Cullksinikers

Starburst!

Old
08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
RayP

1 walk for Albert Almora after 57 ABs & 14 games in Rookie Ball.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
1 walk for Albert Almora after 57 ABs & 14 games in Rookie Ball.
He apparently had a ridiculous over the shoulder catch last night and doubled up the runner at 2nd to end the game.

Vogelbach had another home run at Boise. Kid can rake, too bad he's too big to play the field.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He apparently had a ridiculous over the shoulder catch last night and doubled up the runner at 2nd to end the game.

Vogelbach had another home run at Boise. Kid can rake, too bad he's too big to play the field.
Any idea if a video is online anywhere?

3 straight games with a HR for him after last night. At 6'0 250, and us having Rizzo, makes him nothing but trade bait.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Any idea if a video is online anywhere?

3 straight games with a HR for him after last night. At 6'0 250, and us having Rizzo, makes him nothing but trade bait.
Haven't seen a video of it yet but I'll post it if I find one.

Unless the NL gets the DH, I don't see Vogelbach on the Cubs either. He'll be the centerpiece of a trade that nets the Cubs a really good player in 2-3 years though.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
RayP

Quote:
Haven't seen a video of it yet but I'll post it if I find one.

Unless the NL gets the DH, I don't see Vogelbach on the Cubs either. He'll be the centerpiece of a trade that nets the Cubs a really good player in 2-3 years though.
Thanks

Looks like a Billy Butler clone. Would love to possibly have his bat in the lineup if he pans out, hopefully he can net us a SP instead.

I started a thread a week ago in the Baseball forum here, about the NL adding it. I think it's time.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:

I started a thread a week ago in the Baseball forum here, about the NL adding it. I think it's time.
I agree completely. My hope is Selig bows out in the couple of years and a forward thinking commissioner takes his place and unifies the rules. Its stupid that one league has it and the other doesn't. I can't see the players association having a problem with it either.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Hope they give him 15 off. Seems to me even before last night he's doing his typical play through injuries **** and don't tell anyone about it, and then come out with it in November after he's had a terrible 3 months. Just get healthy, he's not doing them any good trying to play hurt.
If Sox lose Konerko that is major hole in lineup that could sink the season

Konerko hasn't been amazing as he was at the start of year but he is still a threat in lineup and offers protection for Dunn. Expect more walks of Dunn or Rios now without Konerko

Old
08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
RayP

Quote:
I agree completely. My hope is Selig bows out in the couple of years and a forward thinking commissioner takes his place and unifies the rules. Its stupid that one league has it and the other doesn't. I can't see the players association having a problem with it either.
For me I didn't mind the leagues being different, and 3-4 years ago I'd argue you to death that the pitcher should bat in the AL. Now I'm just so sick of watching the pitcher bat, most don't bother putting in any work in the cage at all it seems, and struggle with the easiest tasks like a sacrifice bunt. With Houston moving to the AL, and daily inter-league play, I think it's finally time. Pitchers this year are hitting something like ~.170 across the league.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
For me I didn't mind the leagues being different, and 3-4 years ago I'd argue you to death that the pitcher should bat in the AL. Now I'm just so sick of watching the pitcher bat, most don't bother putting in any work in the cage at all it seems, and struggle with the easiest tasks like a sacrifice bunt. With Houston moving to the AL, and daily inter-league play, I think it's finally time. Pitchers this year are hitting something like ~.170 across the league.
Right, it just makes for worse baseball. Fans like offense and the pitcher just kills that. Not only can they not hit, but 8 hitters have to expand their zone to try to get hits ahead of the pitcher which makes them worse hitters too. Let pitchers pitch and hitters hit.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
NL fans and baseball purists think of it the opposite way. They want DH gone

NL Owners are happy with the way NL is (And always has been)

It would take more then a commish to push it thru.. And MLBPA has in past stayed out of DH issue as they really have no real say in it

DH was put in AL when the league was struggling offensively ,, Its purpose is no longer needed

I like DH and as AL fan dont want it to go away but the reality is that you wont change NL rules which have stood for well over 100 years

Old
08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Ain't going to happen. About half of baseball fans like or tolerate the DH, and half of fans dislike or despise it like it's the antichrist. And, for what it's worth, the stupid debate keeps people talking about baseball.

Don't see MLB under any circumstance removing the DH from the AL or expanding the DH to the NL any time in the foreseeable future regardless of who the commissioner is.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:38 AM
RayP

Quote:
Right, it just makes for worse baseball. Fans like offense and the pitcher just kills that. Not only can they not hit, but 8 hitters have to expand their zone to try to get hits ahead of the pitcher which makes them worse hitters too. Let pitchers pitch and hitters hit.
What irritates me the most is the lack of effort shown, to me it's disrespectful to the paying fan and the game. The just don't give a damn.

The NL is the only level of baseball on the globe that does not have the DH. I get the who purist thing and it's been like this for a 100+ years, but sometimes change is necessary.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Ain't going to happen. About half of baseball fans like or tolerate the DH, and half of fans dislike or despise it like it's the antichrist. And, for what it's worth, the stupid debate keeps people talking about baseball.

Don't see MLB under any circumstance removing the DH from the AL or expanding the DH to the NL any time in the foreseeable future regardless of who the commissioner is.
There is going to be a lot more interleague starting next season. Because of this, you may see a rule change. The leagues are hardly seperate anymore. Its much more like the AFC and NFC than the NFL and AFL like it was decades ago.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
The NL is the only level of baseball on the globe that does not have the DH.
The Central League in Japan doesn't have the DH, either.

Quote:
There is going to be a lot more interleague starting next season. Because of this, you may see a rule change. The leagues are hardly seperate anymore. Its much more like the AFC and NFC than the NFL and AFL like it was decades ago.
Isn't it going to be the same number of games, just spread out throughout the entire season instead of being clumped together in the span of about a month?

Old
08-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Isn't it going to be the same number of games, just spread out throughout the entire season instead of being clumped together in the span of about a month?
I believe it goes from 18 to 20 and its more spread out over the season.

Closed Thread