HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letter from Tom Cigarran

Old
07-24-2012, 05:24 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
Letter from Tom Cigarran

Quote:
To Predators Season Ticketholders, Partners and Fans,
In the most important hockey transaction in franchise history, we are pleased to share with you the news that, after much careful analysis, we have decided to match the 14-year, $110 million offer sheet to Shea Weber, insuring that Shea will be your team's captain and leader for the next 14 years!
As you might imagine, there was no debate whatsoever regarding whether or not we wanted Shea. That was indisputable. He is our first homegrown team captain. He has been selected to the First All-Star Team in each of the last two years. Though he has finished second in the Norris Trophy voting in each of the last two seasons, we believe he is the best defenseman in the National Hockey League. And he will remain a Nashville Predator, thanks to a 14- year, $110 million contract – the biggest in Nashville’s 15-year existence and largest in Tennessee professional sports history!
You may recall that last summer we shared our vision for the Predators' future. As part of our vision, we believed we were entering our Window of Opportunity in which with Shea and Pekka Rinne entering their prime years, we could compete on an annual basis for the Stanley Cup. We entered the 2011-12 season as the youngest team in the NHL, but through the support of longtime Predators Martin Erat and David Legwand; the commitment from experienced veterans Mike Fisher, Paul Gaustad and Hal Gill; another year of development from rising stars Craig Smith, Colin Wilson, Ryan Ellis, Gabriel Bourque and Roman Josi; and consistent performances from Patric Hornqvist, Kevin Klein and Sergei Kostitsyn, we are confident in our ability to build on last season’s performance, where we were the only Western Conference club to advance to the second round of the playoffs for the second consecutive season. The goal was to surround our core players with young talent that could grow, mature and compliment these players for several years to come. We are very much in our Window of Opportunity.
With Shea's return, our roster for the 2012-13 season is rounding into form. We have 13 returning forwards, five returning defensemen, and Pekka back anchoring our goaltending. Ownership continues to give General Manager David Poile and his staff all the necessary resources to compete for the Stanley Cup this season and for years to come!
We did not take or make this decision lightly and we recognized the many ramifications it would have. Retaining Shea sends a powerful message to our own players and potential players that Nashville is a team that is in the hunt to win and this is a desirable place to play! Other teams will now know the Predators will do everything possible to retain its own star players and cannot be viewed as a franchise that can be raided.
And for you, our fans and partners, this is a reinforcement of our understanding of our mission and our commitment to you. We are so appreciative of your support and never take it for granted. Your unwavering faith and belief in us is paramount. That support and passion is critical to our success.
With this decision behind us, we continue to focus on our mission: Develop Bridgestone Arena into the number one sports and entertainment facility in North America with a Stanley Cup-winning Nashville Predators team as the centerpiece. With Shea Weber in the fold for the next 14 years, we will continue to contend for the Stanley Cup on an annual basis with a team anchored by one of the top goaltenders and top defensemen in the game.
Thank you for your support and we can't wait for the 2012-13 season to start and Shea Weber to lead the Predators!
Sincerely,
Tom Cigarran Chairman, Nashville Predators

this is a great letter. makes me

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
thecloser

**** yeah Tom! let's go Preds.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Best letter from an owner I've ever read! I'm so ready for hockey season to start! Go preds!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:12 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

A letter to T. Ciggaran and the ownership group.

To the fine gentlemen and ladies of the Nashville Predators Ownership Group,

Thank you.

You proved you are more than a one time band aid.

Signed,

BFC999 and a metric ****ton of Preds fans.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Awesome, just awesome.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
adsfan

So nobody is missing Liarpold?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I don't know how many of you have met Tom Cigarran or David Freeman or any of the other owners or even Sean Henry or Jeff Cogen, but when you thank them for what they've done to build the Predators on and off the ice the past few years they thank you for your support without hesitating.

They get it. They understand that without OUR support nothing they can do will work to it's full potential.

I'm very ecstatic today about the Weber signing. I'll worry about the finances some other time, but rest assured that with W. Brett Wilson, Warren Woo, and the rest of the owners working behind the scenes that this decision was well thought out and will be fully funded.

Thank YOU Mr. Cigarran! Today is yet another GREAT day to be a Nashville Predators fan!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:12 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't know how many of you have met Tom Cigarran or David Freeman or any of the other owners or even Sean Henry or Jeff Cogen, but when you thank them for what they've done to build the Predators on and off the ice the past few years they thank you for your support without hesitating.

They get it. They understand that without OUR support nothing they can do will work to it's full potential.

I'm very ecstatic today about the Weber signing. I'll worry about the finances some other time, but rest assured that with W. Brett Wilson, Warren Woo, and the rest of the owners working behind the scenes that this decision was well thought out and will be fully funded.

Thank YOU Mr. Cigarran! Today is yet another GREAT day to be a Nashville Predators fan!!!
SL...of all the many posts I've admired of yours on here and during the old game chatroom boards, this one tops them all. I can't echo enough everything written here. After reading the letter a couple of times today, I actually cried like a baby. LET'S PLAY HOCKEY, BOYS!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:19 AM
SilasAdams

Love it.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:20 AM
joelnmich

From a Stars fan...Congrats Preds Fans.

Great to finally have solid ownership willing to do what it takes.

joelnmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
hockeyman*

as a Habs fan. I'm so stoked you guys signed him. Great for your Preds and your fans. **** philly.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

After the last 30 or so years of my life being a hockey fan, finally seeing committed ownership of my favorite team (#3 now) is so refreshing. Totally new to me. Congrats to the long-time fans.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

My parents are actually great friends with the Cogens and a few others involved in the organization. Ive met Jeff Cogen and David Freeman and theyre genuine people. My parents speak highly of them and how committed they are to spending and getting this team to the top. Like said all along the money is there, things are just starting to fall in place. It feels good knowing we have owners of this character.

I got this emailed to me and so I felt obligated to share this with all preds HF'ers.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:32 PM
maplepred

Just awesome!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote