Thank God It's Over Part III (The Official Offseason Talk Thread)
Things from the end of the last thread
Originally Posted by GopherState
To save everyone 3 minutes and to not give that person clicks:
1. Niklas Backstrom - He isn't the same and since the Wild will still have him next season they won't have a shot. And he's just terrible to be honest. (shows a goal where Zidlicky gets burned by Kyle Okposo)
2. Lack of Defense - Even though they will have Suter and Gilbert, the rest of the team still needs to improve the defence and most of the defensive players are rookies. (Besides being Canadian, not actually true. Shows Stempniak burning Scandella)
3. Signing Zach Parise, Ryan Suter. (That's the reason - his explanation with no video is "Even though they signed the two biggest free agents on the market the Wild have lacked real starpower since their superstar sniper Marian Gaborik bolted in free agency. And Suter won't have Weber or Rinne by his side. And losing head coach Jacques Lemaire." There's a few WTF statements and no arguments.)
4. Expecting too much from rookie Granlund. (In quotes "All fun aside, Granlund is a treat to watch and has all the skills to be a first line center in the NHL. The unfortunate part is that Minnesota may have him slated to be their opening-day second-line center. A line that would most likely include him playing with Zach Parise or Dany Heatley. That's a lot of pressure for a 20 year-old. And if they think he's going to be the one to take them all the way they're dreaming. Just like they thought with Heatley and Setoguchi.")
5. Their lines ("Minnesota's top line might have of Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, and Dany Heatley. And the second line might have Setoguchi, Cullen and Bouchard, the third and fourth lines are very thin."
"Clutterbuck is a great physical force, but don't expect his line with Kyle Brodziak and a lot of scoring because they have been struggling. Same goes for the fourth line, neither of the three are offensively intimidating in any aspect at all."
"I'll tell you guys an example with winnipeg's 4th line Antti Miettinen, Alexander Burmistov, and Chris Thorburn/Eric Fehr over the Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Johnson line. Then with Vancouver's 3rd line of Mason Raymond, Manny Malhotra, and Zack Kassian over the Setoguchi-Cullen-Bouchard line any day without a doubt."
"So those are my reasons, comments and say if you agree with me or disagree, or say of what you think, are the wild going to make the playoffs? well i don't, and they spend too much money with the signing of Parise and Suter")
Like I said....fletcher isn't gonna move a healthy Heatley for Mr. Unibrow and Martin. Not when he may have his wheels back and could be teamed up with Parise and Koivu. We added talent this month to help push guys like Heatley further. Makes no sense to ship off last year's MVP, because it'd start to wash out the moves we just made to better the team. Russo would have picked up on this. Stupid rumor.....worse than a rumor. Who is that dingleberry anyway?