HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redemption? Players who need to bounce back.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  #76
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
that's some inspiring ****... i bet Lindy Ruff tells them that.

"Stick to your role! If you're paid more then 3 million dollars, do not defend your goaltender! That's not what you are here to do"



Crsoby fighting Ballard standing up for a teammate after Ballard went low on him. get a clue.

Because Vanek would have helped the team so much with a concussion, or any other injury caused in the fight. Or in the box for 5 minutes. Don't worry we all know you are making senseless arguments to push your new anti-vanek agenda. You wont ever be happy unless you are pointlessly hating on a player on our team. Connolly, Roy, and now Vanek. :

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:56 PM
  #77
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
It's not about expectations
It's about character

If that game was Boston vs Pittsburgh
And Fluery got run
And Crosby was the first "on the scene"

There is NO DOUBT in my mind, he would've reacted differently then Vanek. NOT because of expectations, because of character/leadership

Vanek isn't the Captain! Pomminville is! If you want to complain about the captain doing nothing go ahead, but GAUSTAD WAS ON THE ICE! WEARING A LETTER! EXPECTED TO FIGHT! DID NOTHING! Note who is gone now. Is it Vanek? NO! It's Gaustad! The guy who didn't defend his goaltender when he should have. If you truly had an issue with this and aren't just pulling this out of your ass to push your agenda you would have brought this up back when it occurred, BEFORE Roy was traded.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
  #78
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Because Vanek would have helped the team so much with a concussion, or any other injury caused in the fight. Or in the box for 5 minutes. Don't worry we all know you are making senseless arguments to push your new anti-vanek agenda. You wont ever be happy unless you are pointlessly hating on a player on our team. Connolly, Roy, and now Vanek. :
IT DOESN'T MATTER

I know you don't get that. It's cool. Large concepts and all.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  #79
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Vanek isn't the Captain! Pomminville is! If you want to complain about the captain doing nothing go ahead, but GAUSTAD WAS ON THE ICE! WEARING A LETTER! EXPECTED TO FIGHT! DID NOTHING! Note who is gone now. Is it Vanek? NO! It's Gaustad! The guy who didn't defend his goaltender when he should have. If you truly had an issue with this and aren't just pulling this out of your ass to push your agenda you would have brought this up back when it occurred, BEFORE Roy was traded.
Glad Goose is gone
Vanek needs to go too

You think of everything in terms of role

I think of these situations in terms of character

I want my best players and leaders to react in that moment.

This isn't a "send out the enforcer on the next shift" kind of scenario. I don't expect Vanek to drop the gloves. Practically... never.

But in that scenario, the character I want in our best players, is the type of player who reacts.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #80
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
IT DOESN'T MATTER

I know you don't get that. It's cool. Large concepts and all.
I'll repeat myself: If you truely had an issue with Vanek's inaction you would have brought it up a long time ago. Sometime before Roy was traded. All your trying to do is find a reason to push an agenda against Vanek. Quit pulling issues out of your ass.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #81
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Glad Goose is gone
Vanek needs to go too

You think of everything in terms of role

I think of these situations in terms of character

I want my best players and leaders to react in that moment.

This isn't a "send out the enforcer on the next shift" kind of scenario. I don't expect Vanek to drop the gloves. Practically... never.

But in that scenario, the character I want in our best players, is the type of player who reacts.

Too bad the Enforcer was ON THE ICE for the hit.


But sure keep grasping for straws there buddy.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:03 PM
  #82
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Remember the Drury incident (ottawa)... even Drew Stafford knew IMMEDIATELY that he had to go take a beating from Neil... He didn't even think twice about.

I'll never forget the way Vanek reacted


Awww.. Thomas broke your heart...

Sling your agenda dude. Hang on as tight as you can.

It's getting to the point of pathetic.

You remind me of a Politician.

"I don't care if he stands in front of the net taking a beating he didn't do this one thing when i wanted him to..therefore he's a loser" ..

Grow up man... It was a collective fail of the team. If you want to talk about leadership...in case you forgot the Captain was on the ice as well.

Let it go.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:04 PM
  #83
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Would've shown that he had some character, some passion for his team/teammates. He has none of that. He never has.

I don't think Vanek learned anything from it... I expect he will continue to be the same passionless player who could barely muster up a decent handshake when presented with the "A".
So, you're saying he never shown passion, and you're saying he has none.

Then what did you expect to see when that happened?

Again, I think its a situation where the FANS wanted to see Blood, and when they don't see blood, they think the players have no passion, in a game that they have played their whole lives. Not everyone shows their emotion on their sleeve. Some players like to leave their emotions in check.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
  #84
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 436
If Crosby fought Lucic we'd be seeing "RIP Sid" on TSN.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
  #85
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I'll repeat myself: If you truely had an issue with Vanek's inaction you would have brought it up a long time ago. Sometime before Roy was traded. All your trying to do is find a reason to push an agenda against Vanek. Quit pulling issues out of your ass.
So you've moved on from debating the incident and/or vanek... im glad.

FYI
I've been preaching "destroy the rochester core" for years... they are all soft mentally and weak physically.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:07 PM
  #86
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,506
vCash: 500
Honestly, Adam isn't a player I have high hopes for. Even if he manages to turn into a decent NHLer, I'm always going to doubt his compete level after the way he got a golden opportunity and played his way down the lineup last season.

Of course, I've doubted Vanek's compete level ever since he got benched in the playoffs, so that doesn't mean he still can't be a valuable part of the team.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:08 PM
  #87
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
So, you're saying he never shown passion, and you're saying he has none.

Then what did you expect to see when that happened?


Again, I think its a situation where the FANS wanted to see Blood, and when they don't see blood, they think the players have no passion, in a game that they have played their whole lives. Not everyone shows their emotion on their sleeve. Some players like to leave their emotions in check.
I'm not saying im surprised by how he reacted, or that it's not exactly what i expected... im saying its another example of what is wrong with this team.

id rather take out ALL of the garbage. Not just 1 or 2 bags

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  #88
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Awww.. Thomas broke your heart...

Sling your agenda dude. Hang on as tight as you can.

It's getting to the point of pathetic.

You remind me of a Politician.

"I don't care if he stands in front of the net taking a beating he didn't do this one thing when i wanted him to..therefore he's a loser" ..

Grow up man... It was a collective fail of the team. If you want to talk about leadership...in case you forgot the Captain was on the ice as well.

Let it go.
are the tears staining your jersey?

cry me a river

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  #89
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
So you've moved on from debating the incident and/or vanek... im glad.

FYI
I've been preaching "destroy the rochester core" for years... they are all soft mentally and weak physically.
Im pointing out that you have no real argument, so you are grasping for straws, and pulling reasons for getting rid of him when none really exist. Im pointing out that if this incident was TRULY a reason to get rid of Vanek, you would have been parading it around since it happened, but you weren't you were saying we should get rid of ROY. You keep saying that what happened in the past is Irrellivant, yet you come in here and drag stuff that happened months ago, that wasn't an issue then, out now to support your insane claim. Which is it? Is Vanek a 40 goal scoring coward, or is he a 33 goal scoring first line LW?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
  #90
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Too bad the Enforcer was ON THE ICE for the hit.


But sure keep grasping for straws there buddy.
I think roles go out the window in that situation.Sorry.

If my friend is getting his ass kicked, i don't stand there and think "well, Jon is the tough one, he'll be the one expected to do something, it's not my role".

And yes, I think thematic elements of family, friendship, comraderie, etc... are important to a teams success.

the reason this team was always grasping at straws in terms of identity and leadership... is because they had none

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
  #91
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 500
So are we extending that criticism to Pominville and Myers too, or is this a one-player-at-a-time witch hunt?

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
  #92
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
are the tears staining your jersey?

cry me a river
I'm not the one crying....just pointing out your utter bull ****, Sunshine.


Your "Never Forget 11/12/11" Yellow Ribbon is dirty. Clean that **** up. Have some respect.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:14 PM
  #93
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I think roles go out the window in that situation.Sorry.

If my friend is getting his ass kicked, i don't stand there and think "well, Jon is the tough one, he'll be the one expected to do something, it's not my role".

And yes, I think thematic elements of family, friendship, comraderie, etc... are important to a teams success.

the reason this team was always grasping at straws in terms of identity and leadership... is because they had none
All I'm saying is that if you have issue with Vanek as a player that's fine, but you can't blame him for not doing something that's not expected of him. That's like saying If your friend is getting his ass kicked, and nobody helped him, that his ten year old sister should have stepped in to fight, when his best friend, who is a boxer, is standing right there. Get your situation right.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:15 PM
  #94
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Im pointing out that you have no real argument, so you are grasping for straws, and pulling reasons for getting rid of him when none really exist. Im pointing out that if this incident was TRULY a reason to get rid of Vanek, you would have been parading it around since it happened, but you weren't you were saying we should get rid of ROY. You keep saying that what happened in the past is Irrellivant, yet you come in here and drag stuff that happened months ago, that wasn't an issue then, out now to support your insane claim. Which is it? Is Vanek a 40 goal scoring coward, or is he a 33 goal scoring first line LW?
really? no argument?

Here's my argument. When a core component of the team is physically and borderline illegally obliterated right in front of you... you MUST do something, regardless of who you are.

You disagree. You think if you are paid to score, then you are not paid to defend your teammates.... great. I think that promotes a culture of losing.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:15 PM
  #95
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
So are we extending that criticism to Pominville and Myers too, or is this a one-player-at-a-time witch hunt?
This is a "Jame won't be happy unless there is sombody for him to rag on even if there really isn't a reason for it in the first place" type thing.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
  #96
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
really? no argument?

Here's my argument. When a core component of the team is physically and borderline illegally obliterated right in front of you... you MUST do something, regardless of who you are.

You disagree. You think if you are paid to score, then you are not paid to defend your teammates.... great. I think that promotes a culture of losing.
Im saying that Gaustad was right there. It makes zero sense to expect Vanek to fight when Gaustad was standing right there at the time! Why would a scorer jump into a fight and remove himself from play for 5 minutes and possibly get hurt when the enforcer is already on the ice?! So no, you do NOT have a real argument in this case. Hate on vanek for his faults all you want, but dont start making **** up.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  #97
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
really? no argument?

Here's my argument. When a core component of the team is physically and borderline illegally obliterated right in front of you... you MUST do something, regardless of who you are.

You disagree. You think if you are paid to score, then you are not paid to defend your teammates.... great. I think that promotes a culture of losing.

You really have no common sense.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  #98
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
All I'm saying is that if you have issue with Vanek as a player that's fine, but you can't blame him for not doing something that's not expected of him. That's like saying If your friend is getting his ass kicked, and nobody helped him, that his ten year old sister should have stepped in to fight, when his best friend, who is a boxer, is standing right there. Get your situation right.
I completely agree with your analogy

Vanek is the 10 yr old girl among a group of people that includes a boxer.

Hmmm who doesn't belong?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:18 PM
  #99
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I completely agree with your analogy

Vanek is the 10 yr old girl among a group of people that includes a boxer.

Hmmm who doesn't belong?

When it comes to fighting Lucic you are completely right Vanek doesn't belong in a fight with Lucic, especially when Gaustad was on the ice.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:18 PM
  #100
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
You really have no common sense.
what a player should or shouldn't do in a unique scenario is an issue of "common sense"

oh

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.