HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Old
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Homegrown Kings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stami View Post
I think I can propose the most perfect solution.

Bobby Ryan straight up for Jonathan Bernier (LA).

It's what both teams want. LA lost out on the hunt for Parise. Ryan the next best LW, and Ducks get a solid future.
No one has to move locations. Just a 45min drive from the Honda Center to Staple Center.
Are you a Kings fan?

Bernier isn't worth Ryan. LA has plenty of forwards already. I think they should see how Carter, Richards, and Gagne do with a full season (and hopefully health) before worrying about more top-6 guys.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
Logan Couture? The Sharks won't trade him. Did you mean Sean Couturier, I doubt the Flyers will let him go
Yes, haha. Hangover + tired, anything can happen.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stami View Post
At this point, the 25yr old Ryan has an average of 62 pts a yr in his career. Only going over 62 pts once in 4 years.
I'd rather have a future stud like Bernier anyway of the week.
At this point, Jonathan Bernier is a few days short of 24 years, and just had a season playing 16 games with a worse save-percentage than Peter Budaj, Curtis Sanford and Jason LeBarbera, while playing on a far better defensive team than at least the former two "studs".

I don't believe in actually using goaltending stats this way, but it's good enough to show that your argument sucks. For some reason, I can't possibly imagine you being serious, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Saad, Pirri, Beach, and two first-round picks for Ryan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
As has been said a thousand times: the trade must make Anaheim better now. It won't he for primarily futures.
Precisely.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:52 AM
wingnutjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Why is Ryan on the block?
I've also been wondering this.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
For all the garbage Eklund puts out there, he is legitimately in tune with the Flyers. He has sources there. Real ones.
Well he is either just spewing more rubbish or the Ducks have backed down from their demands of what they want for Ryan.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Pepper

Who says Ryan IS on the block? First time it was Leafs fans who wanted Ryan, this time it seems to be the Flyers fans who keep making proposals and making up stuff about what Ryan has said.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Who says Ryan IS on the block? First time it was Leafs fans who wanted Ryan, this time it seems to be the Flyers fans who keep making proposals and making up stuff about what Ryan has said.
yes, once again its the Flyers and their fans fault

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:11 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutjeff View Post
I've also been wondering this.
He isn't. To put it simply.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
I like the idea of Ryan in Philly, no way Schenn is moving and like others have said, Couts is most likely off the table but isn't Philly still looking for D help as well? Why not ask for one of the ducks young Dmen along with Ryan in a package for Couts++
If Anaheim is dead set on obtaining a 2nd line center for Ryan, I don't think Philly and Anaheim are good trading partners at the moment (if ever). I guess the Flyers could trade Couturier++ for Ryan, but they didn't want to do that Shea Weber so...

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Well he is either just spewing more rubbish or the Ducks have backed down from their demands of what they want for Ryan.
Well, that's a deliberate choice of two of the three obvious possibilties. If a deal was closer to being done, it might as well involve the Flyers closing in on the Ducks' demands. Actually, not just "just as well", realistically it would have to be considered more likely. After missing out on Weber and seeing Nash land in New York, I can only see the urge grow to make something happen for a player they reportedly love in Ryan. I really don't see a similar build-up in Anaheim.

I'm not saying I expect Holmgren to cave (I don't), but I am not sure I see why a deal potentially coming closer would necessarily involve the Ducks giving in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
If Anaheim is dead set on obtaining a 2nd line center for Ryan, I don't think Philly and Anaheim are good trading partners at the moment (if ever). I guess the Flyers could trade Couturier++ for Ryan, but they didn't want to do that Shea Weber so...
Well, they did have the offer sheet option for Weber which they thought gave them a good chance. There's no shortcuts like that to Ryan.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/201...s-taking-shape

Quote:
The Senators are trying to get another top-6 winger through the trade market — and have set their sights on Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan. But that’s a longshot and losing Alfredsson to retirement would leave an even bigger hole.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
The Senators just don't seem to have what we need to make this trade.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

I still find it baffling that some posters don't understand that Ryan will not be traded unless it's an overpayment.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post
I still find it baffling that some posters don't understand that Ryan will not be traded unless it's an overpayment.
Ok. I find it baffling that some (Ducks) posters don't understand that no one is going to gut their organization and leave themselves obviously worse-off to acquire Ryan.

What does "overpayment" mean, anyway. More than he's actually worth? Ok, but what's his actual value?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Great. So we're all baffled.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Ok. I find it baffling that some (Ducks) posters don't understand that no one is going to gut their organization and leave themselves obviously worse-off to acquire Ryan.

What does "overpayment" mean, anyway. More than he's actually worth? Ok, but what's his actual value?
Great so now we know asking for young center and middle 6 forward is considered gutting their organization.. Lol

I swear.........

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:51 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
The Senators just don't seem to have what we need to make this trade.
Yeah, that's my thought too. The Ducks want a proven commodity to fill the second line centre and replace Ryan's production somewhat, as well as a good prospect to replace him fully down the line.

Sens have neither.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
EarlGrey

I think any B.Ryan trade talks are on ice as long as the Visnovsky situation is not worked out.

And Flyers and Ducks Fans should stop any discussions on this topic anyway, we won't get to a consensus. Ducks want Couts or Schenn, Flyers didn't want to give up either for Weber, so I have a hard time pictureing them shopping either for Ryan. And Ducks reportedly have no interest in another package.

At the end of the day, Ryan will report to Anaheim. He will do an interview on how a big understanding everything was and start the season there. As soon as the Ducks find themselves at the bottom of the standings - and they will considering how everyone in the West seems to have deeper and more talented teams than we do - the Ryan trade talks will be back on again. And then I think he will be traded.

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Great so now we know asking for young center and middle 6 forward is considered gutting their organization.. Lol

I swear.........
Have you not looked at the market for second line centers this off season?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
Yeah, that's my thought too. The Ducks want a proven commodity to fill the second line centre and replace Ryan's production somewhat, as well as a good prospect to replace him fully down the line.

Sens have neither.
Yup only way is Turris +++
but Sens won't part with Kyle

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Not sure what your point is? Especially when the team they are asking has a plethora of centers. Giroux, Couturier, Schenn... Briere as well

Not wanting to trade them is fine. To say its guts their organization is absurd.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
He's already lowered the bar from a 2C and another top-six forward, so I suppose we're making progress.

It is perfectly reasonable for the Ducks to want either Schenn or Couturier from the Flyers, and just as reasonable for them to refuse to deal them.

Things turn unreasonable when fans begin demanding, as the second asset, a player like JVR (before the trade), Voracek, Simmonds, Coburn, etc.--that's where these discussions have gone off the deep end.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post

I swear.........
Have you seen the market for centers? Every team wants them. (Except the Sharks, Pens, Kings, and Flyers, and they don't see inclined to trading theirs.) Centers >>> wingers.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
Yup only way is Turris +++
but Sens won't part with Kyle
The only way I can imagine it working for everyone is to somehow include a third team like the Sharks with Pavelski.

Sens have plenty of assets, I wonder if they have anything the Sharks want for Pavelski?

Something like Pavelski and Z-Bad should be enough for Ryan.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
He's already lowered the bar from a 2C and another top-six forward, so I suppose we're making progress.

It is perfectly reasonable for the Ducks to want either Schenn or Couturier from the Flyers, and just as reasonable for them to refuse to deal them.

Things turn unreasonable when fans begin demanding, as the second asset, a player like JVR (before the trade), Voracek, Simmonds, Coburn, etc.--that's where these discussions have gone off the deep end.
Lol what are you talking about.. Continue to shove words in my mouth.. The ONLY thing Ducks fans have asked for was one of Schenn or couturier be in any deal plus another roster player... We haven't lowered or sentiments on such and we remain adamant about it.

Anaheim fans become upset when we explain the exact same thing for 6 threads because Philly fan can't comprehend this and only want to propose the same Read/Voracek + Mezaros + pick deal that doesn't follow any of what ans ask for or Murray has stated according to multiple reports.