HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Old
08-03-2012, 09:21 AM
BK201

vCash: 500
Jets and Ducks

A proposal a buddy and I were talking about

To Ducks:

Evander Kane

To Jets:

Bobby Ryan

We were talking that even though the ducks need defense/centers it's gonna be hard to get a quality player back. Look at the Nash trade. I personally think this is somewhat lateral but may be good for both players to go to a new team I think straight up is pretty decent value tbh.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Exit Dose

We don't have to move Ryan, so there's no point in it for us.

Ryan doesn't need a change of scenery.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
jw2

Ryan would defect to the KHL.

That still leaves WIN with a guy who doesnt want to be there.
It leaves ANA in the same spot lacking center depth, with too many wingers.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
We were talking that even though the ducks need defense/centers it's gonna be hard to get a quality player back. Look at the Nash trade. I personally think this is somewhat lateral but may be good for both players to go to a new team I think straight up is pretty decent value tbh.
And the bolded sums it up. No reason for the Jets to do this, they're counting on Kane to be one of their building blocks for the next 5-6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post

What makes you say that?

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Selanne138

Why would we trade Ryan straight up for someone who could one day become as good as Ryan? Makes zero sense for Anaheim IMO.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Why would we trade Ryan straight up for someone who could one day become as good as Ryan? Makes zero sense for Anaheim IMO.
True. And from the Jets perspective, why would they trade for a guy who accomplished at age 21 what Kane accomplished at age 20, with a weaker supporting cast to boot?

Really, it's a trade that makes sense only from one angle, that both players need a change of scenery. Not sure if that's true in Ryan's case, in Kane's case that's being way overblown IMO.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:20 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

There's no way Ryan returns someone as good as Kane. If he could, he would have been traded already.

He's going to get a similar return as Nash.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
There's no way Ryan returns someone as good as Kane. If he could, he would have been traded already.
That's not a logical statement. We don't have to trade him. We could consider it if a couple needs are addressed to improve our team as a whole, which doesn't have to do much with who's the single best player we could get.

Quote:
Well, that would be an unbelievable coincidence, as the situation the both are in could hardly be any more different.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:

Is Scott Howson the GM in Anaheim now? The return for Nash was pretty bad.

I see Kane for Ryan as decent value both ways but not something either team would be interested in. I don't buy the rumors that either of those players will be traded. Anaheim has no real need to trade Ryan and all the Kane proposals on this board were the result of one unsubstantiated report from RDS.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
I dont see either team doing this

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Willis88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post

It leaves ANA in the same spot lacking center depth, with too many wingers.
Ryan will never go to the KHL. Listen to the interview I posted. Even if theres a lockout, he's going to stick it out and just wait. He's die hard NHL.

Willis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Crazy8oooo
• þúįk ؃ƒ •

Quote:

Why would Ryan not return someone 'as good as Kane' when Ryan is better than Kane at this point in their development and has proven much more? Kane is young and shows a lot of promise, but has really only had 1 good season. Ryan is young and has already shown promise with consistency by having multiple good seasons. (Yes, I know, there's an age difference...but my point is that Ryan's already at the level of a star, whereas Kane is not)

Not necessarily true regarding 'they would have already traded him'. A trade of Ryan for Kane, for instance, doesn't do anything to solve the purpose of why they'd trade him in the first place. They'd be looking to trade him to fill a need for a 2C and/or improving the scoring depth on the team. A 1 for 1 trade does not do that...at least not in this type of scenario.

The Nash trade really shouldn't be a measure for what Ryan will return. Nash was completely unhappy in Columbus and wanted out and had a small list of teams to which he was able to be traded to. Ryan, on the other hand, isn't unhappy in Anaheim, doesn't want out, and doesn't have a NTC limiting the amount of teams he can be traded to. (And no, him being fed up with always being in trade rumors doesn't mean he wants out. He said he wants the rumors to stop, nothing more.)

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
True. And from the Jets perspective, why would they trade for a guy who accomplished at age 21 what Kane accomplished at age 20, with a weaker supporting cast to boot?

Really, it's a trade that makes sense only from one angle, that both players need a change of scenery. Not sure if that's true in Ryan's case, in Kane's case that's being way overblown IMO.
Good points, it really doesnt make sense from Winnpeg's perspective either. I think Ryan will be productive in Anaheim, whether he truly wants to be there or not. But (just my opinion) I cant see him signing another contract when his deal is up in 3 years. But Ryan has said hes going to be in training camp, and all signs point to him being 100% committed to the Ducks this year. Kane's seems completely overblown, I hope he signs a fairly long term deal similar to Ryan's contract just to end that speculation.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
Ryan will never go to the KHL. Listen to the interview I posted. Even if theres a lockout, he's going to stick it out and just wait. He's die hard NHL.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke about not wanting to play in Winnipeg...

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Spice Trader

Are anaheim fans looking for a meh 2c and other prospects or looking for someone as talented as ryan that happens to play center.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:31 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
A proposal a buddy and I were talking about

To Ducks:

Evander Kane

To Jets:

Bobby Ryan

Jets need to add a 1st.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Are anaheim fans looking for a meh 2c and other prospects or looking for someone as talented as ryan that happens to play center.
Of course we want someone as talented as Ryan. But that is never going to happen.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Jets need to add a 1st.
In bizarro-world that would be true.

Nzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
In bizarro-world that would be true.
Why? Ryan has proven a lot more than Kane. Anaheim doesn't do this without incentive.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:03 PM
sina220*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post

The Nash trade really shouldn't be a measure for what Ryan will return. Nash was completely unhappy in Columbus and wanted out and had a small list of teams to which he was able to be traded to. Ryan, on the other hand, isn't unhappy in Anaheim, doesn't want out, and doesn't have a NTC limiting the amount of teams he can be traded to. (And no, him being fed up with always being in trade rumors doesn't mean he wants out. He said he wants the rumors to stop, nothing more.)
No more.

"I take things personally," Ryan said. "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has SHOWN ME NOTHING to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.

"I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me … because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."

He wants outta Anaheim bud. That's much stronger language than "stop mentioning me in rumors please". Anaheim has their leverage lessened by these comments and teams will just wait it out til the price drops or he causes drama and forces Anaheims hand. These type of tensions rarely iron themselves out, its much easier to cut ties and move on.

sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:16 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Murray wants a young #2 center that can be part of their youth movement. Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier are perfect examples.

DucksTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sina220 View Post
No more.

"I take things personally," Ryan said. "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has SHOWN ME NOTHING to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.

"I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me … because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."

He wants outta Anaheim bud. That's much stronger language than "stop mentioning me in rumors please". Anaheim has their leverage lessened by these comments and teams will just wait it out til the price drops or he causes drama and forces Anaheims hand. These type of tensions rarely iron themselves out, its much easier to cut ties and move on.
Your argument only qualifies if you look at the article in a vacuum, and ignore everything that happened after.

Ryan was frustrated with the trade rumors. That interview was an expression of his frustration.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
No more.

Ryan isnt the type to go out and play bad or start drama in the locker... hes going to go out and play no matter what team hes on. Pretty sure everything has ironed itself out for the most part minus leagues fans wanting discount prices for him.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:25 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
No more.

LOL Anaheim has all the leverage in the world, you guys need to stop making things up

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:25 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
You're actually incorrect, bud. He has stated if he was going to be traded, he would like to be traded right away and for the whole thing to not be dragged out. Since he has stated a number of times that he wants to stay in Anaheim. Get your facts straight; or better yet, get a video of him demanding a trade. Then you can come on here and tell everybody how wrong they are.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote