HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Old
08-05-2012, 02:25 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
the entire bobby ryan situation has slowly and painfully become the most annoying saga of the summer.

ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that ryan is anything less than content.

fans of every other team refuse to accept that the ducks have complete control and all the leverage of the situation.

Reality is that ryan has been frustrated for some time about being dangled in trade talks-- but the ducks have no reason to trade him. They dangle him in trade talks because he is an attractive piece that could potentially fetch a return that improves their team. It's a business, and the ducks have every right to explore any avenue that might make their team better.

It doesnt mean that ryan hugged and made up with the ducks because of a couple twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.

Ryan will be a duck unless someone provides anaheim with the return that they need. Seeing as to how the ducks primary need is not something that is readily available, the odds of ryan not being a duck next season are very small. He will continue to play his best because he is a professional-- regardless of whether or not he is happy.

Can't this just end?
it doesn't matter he has 3 years left on his contract

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:16 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

People forgetting whole Heatley ordeal? Heatley still had 5 years left on his contract but when a player says he wants out, the poison that leaves in the locker room the next year can be nasty and contagious.

Ryan will get traded.

I remember how Murray said he had to trade him even for a deal he wasn't completely happy with.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Oshie97

I don't think Ryan will return his full value with teams knowing he wants out but at the same time he will still get a good return. A 2nd line center and a high propect or pick might get it done but the problem is there is not a lot of teams strong enough at center to do it. Just my opinion, flame away if you want.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:36 AM
DisneyDucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
People forgetting whole Heatley ordeal? Heatley still had 5 years left on his contract but when a player says he wants out, the poison that leaves in the locker room the next year can be nasty and contagious.

Ryan will get traded.

I remember how Murray said he had to trade him even for a deal he wasn't completely happy with.
You clearly dont know anything about Ryan if you compare him to heatley. He will play for the ducks at least until his contract expires(or traded for no less then what murray wants) and he wont be no lockerroom cancer.

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:

(...) I remember how Murray said he had to trade him even for a deal he wasn't completely happy with.
All that's fine and true. However it doesn't have any significance for Ryan, as he has not requested a trade. At which point the situations still would very different due to Heatley's NMC and Ryan's lack thereof.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:11 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
On Twitter he told people to stop reading too much into that interview, and in his most recent interview he said that people were taking those comments the wrong way. The only thing that's clear is that he's still a little worried that he'll be traded. Considering that in that interview he never stated that we wanted to be traded, I'm not sure that anything needed to be 'denounced'. Our GM, coach, and beat writer have all stated that there hasn't been a trade demand; their take was that these rumors weren't even coming from Anaheim, but teams that were trying to play hardball with Howson and Nash. We haven't heard the typical chatter going around when players are being shopped around, either. Short of god coming down and telling Flyers fans to chill out, I'm not sure what else needs to happen.
This refutes nothing that I said.

Once again-- it is possible for him to be happy to stay in Anaheim, but still be less than content with the entire situation. A couple Twitter comments do not mean that he is no longer annoyed that his name has been dangled in trade talks for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
it doesn't matter he has 3 years left on his contract
Oh, really? Thanks for letting me know. It's not like I openly stated that or anything.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
This refutes nothing that I said.

Once again-- it is possible for him to be happy to stay in Anaheim, but still be less than content with the entire situation. A couple Twitter comments do not mean that he is no longer annoyed that his name has been dangled in trade talks for years.
Just check your forum. I know the latest interview was posted there. I'm sure those goal posts could be shifted a little more.

His name was dangled in trade talks back in November. It hasn't been dangled in trade talks for 'years'.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Sergei Berezin

Bobby Ryan let loose in that one statement he made. He then made things worse by admitting how great it'd be to play with the Flyers.

I'm not sure how you can go back into your teams dressing and just pretend none of that happened.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Unagi

Quote:

Ryan will get traded.

I find it amusing a Ottawa fan should bring the Heatley trade up and compare it to a possible Ryan trade. Heatley had a NTC - Ryan does not.

Should Ryan land on the trading block, there will be a lot of interest. The return will probably not be as high as some dream about, but neither will it be a low balled return, like with Nash.

From what I understand he had an interview recently and though I didn't hear it, I read some summaries of it. And to me it sounded like he was already estranged from the Ducks and is dreaming about playing alongside Giroux. So IMO Ducks will be trading Ryan in the first half of the season, once they can lock up Perry and Getzlaf. Them being UFAs next year is probably the only thing standing in the way of a Ryan trade right now.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
From what I understand he had an interview recently and though I didn't hear it, I read some summaries of it. And to me it sounded like he was already estranged from the Ducks and is dreaming about playing alongside Giroux. So IMO Ducks will be trading Ryan in the first half of the season, once they can lock up Perry and Getzlaf. Them being UFAs next year is probably the only thing standing in the way of a Ryan trade right now.
*sigh*

That is not what was said.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:40 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Just check your forum. I know the latest interview was posted there. I'm sure those goal posts could be shifted a little more.

His name was dangled in trade talks back in November. It hasn't been dangled in trade talks for 'years'.
Really? He wasnt trade bait near the draft?

Look, I'm not saying he wont be a Duck. He will. I'm not saying the Ducks dont have all the leverage. They do. I'm just saying that it is extremely possible for Ryan to be BOTH happy to remain in Anaheim and still a little ticked that he keeps hearing his name mentioned in rumors.

I dont know why it's so hard to entertain the possibility that Ryan is anything less than 100% satisfied...

Old
08-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Unagi

Quote:
*sigh*

That is not what was said.
As I said I only read summaries. But from what I understand he only talked about him being a Duck once and when asked about whom he wanted to play with he answered Giroux right after the obligatory Getzlaf answer.

The problem with the Ryan situation is, while he didn't corroborate that he wants out, he didn't do anything to deny his previous statements either through an official chanel.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Kcoyote3

What exactly did he say that sparked all this?

Kcoyote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Really? He wasnt trade bait near the draft?

Look, I'm not saying he wont be a Duck. He will. I'm not saying the Ducks dont have all the leverage. They do. I'm just saying that it is extremely possible for Ryan to be BOTH happy to remain in Anaheim and still a little ticked that he keeps hearing his name mentioned in rumors.

I dont know why it's so hard to entertain the possibility that Ryan is anything less than 100% satisfied...
Did I say that he's 100% satisfied? No, I said it sounds like he's still a little worried that he might be traded.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
As I said I only read summaries. But from what I understand he only talked about him being a Duck once and when asked about whom he wanted to play with he answered Giroux right after the obligatory Getzlaf answer.

The problem with the Ryan situation is, while he didn't corroborate that he wants out, he didn't do anything to deny his previous statements either through an official chanel.
That isn't what happened. The Giroux thing was brought up, I believe by the hosts, and Ryan then clarified that it wasn't meant like the way that it came across. He talked about being a Duck plenty.

What exactly is his official channel? Is it statements on Twitter? Is it statements he made on the radio show? Is it statements made through the GM, the coach, or Stephens? I don't have any issue with people that suspect he might be traded, because I think it's a possibility, too; but this is entering tinfoil-hat territory.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Did I say that he's 100% satisfied? No, I said it sounds like he's still a little worried that he might be traded.
That's an interesting spin on it. to me, it seems like he's a little ticked off about his name always being the one brought up in trades associated with the Ducks. Also, seems like he feels he's become somewhat of a scapegoat for the lack of success in recent years.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
That's an interesting spin on it. to me, it seems like he's a little ticked off about his name always being the one brought up in trades associated with the Ducks. Also, seems like he feels he's become somewhat of a scapegoat for the lack of success in recent years.
If you want to cherry pick, fine, don't let me stop you.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Then I dont know why you responded to my post in the first place if you agreed with me.

EDIT: Also, "worried" isnt exactly the word I would use. I'd say he's more annoyed than he is pissed or worried.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Bobby Ryan let loose in that one statement he made. He then made things worse by admitting how great it'd be to play with the Flyers.

I'm not sure how you can go back into your teams dressing and just pretend none of that happened.
I think you can. The guy just wants to be part of a team that wants him. I'm sure the team knows he's a good guy and just doesn't want to have to deal with "Trade Ryan to upgrade the team" every 2nd week.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Roof Daddy

What about for both Schenn boys? Seems like a fair return IMO. Ducks get their #2 C they desperately need (giving them some great size and physicality in a 1-2 punch down the middle), and Philly gets a guy who is a lock for 30, but very likely puts up 40 playing with Giroux.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:15 PM
sina220*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcoyote3 View Post
What exactly did he say that sparked all this?
I take things personally," Ryan said. "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has SHOWN ME NOTHING to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.

"I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me … because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."

sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Then I dont know why you responded to my post in the first place if you agreed with me.

EDIT: Also, "worried" isnt exactly the word I would use. I'd say he's more annoyed than he is pissed or worried.
Here are the two parts I took umbrage with:
"ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that ryan is anything less than content."

We understand that it isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Bear in mind, you did walk into a discussion where nearly every page has someone new walking in and saying that Ryan asked to be traded. If several Ducks fans shoot that down, it is not being because we believe everything is a-okay.

Then there was some stuff about Ducks fans basing their views on the situation based on a "couple of twitter comments".

We are also basing our opinions on more than just Ryan making a comment or two on Twitter.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
sina220*

Sad part is getzlaf is the weak link on that team, not Ryan. If anyone shoulda been dangled it shoulda been getzlaf. Hes got Jason Allison, Vinny lecavalier downfall written all over him.

sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
What about for both Schenn boys? Seems like a fair return IMO. Ducks get their #2 C they desperately need (giving them some great size and physicality in a 1-2 punch down the middle), and Philly gets a guy who is a lock for 30, but very likely puts up 40 playing with Giroux.
It doesn't sound like Holmgren will consider doing that.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Here are the two parts I took umbrage with:
"ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that ryan is anything less than content."

We understand that it isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Bear in mind, you did walk into a discussion where nearly every page has someone new walking in and saying that Ryan asked to be traded. If several Ducks fans shoot that down, it is not being because we believe everything is a-okay.
So if you agree with what I said, I dont understand why you are having trouble letting that statement go...

Quote:
Then there was some stuff about Ducks fans basing their views on the situation based on a "couple of twitter comments".

We are also basing our opinions on more than just Ryan making a comment or two on Twitter.
What else are you basing your opinion on?