HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-13-2012, 09:03 AM
JayB

vCash: 500
CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Copy from Trade and Rumours topic.

CBJ
Nash

PHI
Bryzgalov

I think this is good way to go if we dont resign Jagr.

OR

CBJ
Nash
Johnson

PHI
Bryzgalov
Read
1st pick

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Jack de la Hoya

I couldn't believe that a Columbus fan posted that.

Obvious issues:

1) Evidence to the contrary, I do not believe Howson is that dumb.

2) Bryz has a NMC, and I can't see him accepting a move to Columbus.

3) We'd be left with, what, Bobrovsky as our starting goalie? Josh Harding? Marty Biron?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:11 AM
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I couldn't believe that a Columbus fan posted that.

Obvious issues:

1) Evidence to the contrary, I do not believe Howson is that dumb.

2) Bryz has a NMC, and I can't see him accepting a move to Columbus.

3) We'd be left with, what, Bobrovsky as our starting goalie? Josh Harding? Marty Biron?
Okey sorry i didnt remember Bryzz NMC.

Why not Bob? with good tandem i can think that Bob and the other goalie can improve their game, like Elliot Halak tandem.

Harding sounds good, with Bob.

BTW... Flyers fan.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post

CBJ
Nash
Johnson

PHI
Bryzgalov
Read
1st pick
JJ is worth much more than Read + 1st.

He will not be traded if Nash is dealt--he's basically the de-facto face of the franchise.

Mostly, though, that would absolutely kill us in terms of salary cap. We would still need another goalie, and would have added about 6 million in salary in that deal.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
tuckrr

id do either as a flyers fan. Especially if we can sign suter with the cap space!!

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
id do either as a flyers fan. Especially if we can sign suter with the cap space!!
...we would have significantly less cap space, not more, after that deal...

Old
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Krishna

yes and yes

Where do i sign?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:37 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Copy from Trade and Rumours topic.

CBJ
Nash

PHI
Bryzgalov

I think this is good way to go if we dont resign Jagr.

OR

CBJ
Nash
Johnson

PHI
Bryzgalov
Read
1st pick
I don't think this is good enough value for the Flyers. Maybe this:

CBJ
Nash
Johnson
Tyutin
2nd

PHI
Bryzgalov
Read
1st pick
Cardboard cutout of Giroux
1 lb of Hartnell's playoff beard
Lupul*

*shhhh, just go along with it; I'm sure if Howson accepts this proposal, he's too dumb to know that Lupul isn't a Flyer

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
I would be massively surprised if suter even comes close to signing with us. Hes already stated that he doesn't want to play in a big eastern market.

This deal would be ok with me, but it's extremely impractical. Bryz is not going to waive his NMC to go to CBJ.

Id love to try and make as big of a run possible at Carey price if something like this happens. It's unlikely we'd be able to get him, but it'd be worth a shot.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Hes already stated that he doesn't want to play in a big eastern market.
While I believe this has been floated out there, can you show me any link where Suter or one of his representatives said that?

I thought this came out of a radio interview from Poile where he essentially said that Suter wasn't a big market kind of guy.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I would be massively surprised if suter even comes close to signing with us. Hes already stated that he doesn't want to play in a big eastern market.
When did he say that? Not that I don't believe you I just haven't heard that said anywhere.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
While I believe this has been floated out there, can you show me any link where Suter or one of his representatives said that?

I thought this came out of a radio interview from Poile where he essentially said that Suter wasn't a big market kind of guy.
I think it's been the general consensus among most analysts and reporters that suter doesn't want to play in a big market in the east. As irritating as Eklund is, he seems to have good connections with the flyers and he maintains that holmgren knows that suter isn't going to sign in Philly.

Quote:
...The Flyers have Parise #1 on their list as well. The Flyers need defense, but they also know Suter is not coming to Philly...

Old
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

This deal would be ok with me, but it's extremely impractical. Bryz is not going to waive his NMC to go to CBJ.

Id love to try and make as big of a run possible at Carey price if something like this happens. It's unlikely we'd be able to get him, but it'd be worth a shot.
Ok, that's enough. I'm not trying to pick on you here, but why is it that literally NO ONE knows how to use the word "massive"? It's a ****ing epidemic. In order for "massive" to be applied correctly, whatever it's describing must have, you know, mass. You can't be "massively surprised," for example. I see the same misuse everywhere on this board and, really, all over the place. Even professional journalists are guilty of the error. It's like the adjective du jour or something, yet no one can be bothered to understand how to actually use it. What gives? Sorry, rant over.

As for what I want to see this offseason... slow and steady wins the race. I know everyone wants instant gratification, especially now that Richards and Carter shoved it in our faces by winning the Cup, but the Flyers need to let the current core of young players grow together. The problem with that, of course, is that the guy the team signed to be the savior between the pipes turns 32 this summer, and the future Hall of Fame defenseman the team chose to keep over Richards and Carter will never play again, not to mention Kimmo's rapidly ticking clock.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-06-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Mentioning posters by name in such instances is against site rules
Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
I think it's been the general consensus among most analysts and reporters that suter doesn't want to play in a big market in the east. As irritating as Eklund is, he seems to have good connections with the flyers and he maintains that holmgren knows that suter isn't going to sign in Philly.
I don't know about general consensus, but you are right that several reporters have said it. I think Suter signs with a combination between highest bidder and chance to win.

A betting man puts it on Detroit, which certainly qualifies as a huuuge market, although not in the East (which I would be curious how the hell someone could possibly know that he prefers not to play on a single side of the continent lol)

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Ok, that's enough. I'm not trying to pick on you here, but why is it that literally NO ONE knows how to use the word "massive"? It's a ****ing epidemic. In order for "massive" to be applied correctly, whatever it's describing must have, you know, mass. You can't be "massively surprised," for example. I see the same misuse everywhere on this board and, really, all over the place. Even professional journalists are guilty of the error. It's like the adjective du jour or something, yet no one can be bothered to understand how to actually use it. What gives? Sorry, rant over.

As for what I want to see this offseason... slow and steady wins the race. I know everyone wants instant gratification, especially now that Richards and Carter shoved it in our faces by winning the Cup, but the Flyers need to let the current core of young players grow together. The problem with that, of course, is that the guy the team signed to be the savior between the pipes turns 32 this summer, and the future Hall of Fame defenseman the team chose to keep over Richards and Carter will never play again, not to mention Kimmo's rapidly ticking clock.
I'm aware of what the word massive means and it's obviously supposed to be a purposeful exaggeration...

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

You're correct in the sense of the literal / original definition of the word, but it has long since ceased to hold only that meaning. When, by common consensus, the word acquires a second / other meaning, it is no longer incorrect to use it that way.

From dictionary.com

Quote:
mas·sive   [mas-iv]
adjective
consisting of or forming a large mass; bulky and heavy: massive columns.
large and heavy-looking: a massive forehead.
large in scale, amount, or degree: a massive breakdown in communications; massive reductions in spending.
solid or substantial; great or imposing: massive erudition.
The poster used the word correctly, in the sense of definitions #3 and #4.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I don't think this is good enough value for the Flyers. Maybe this:

CBJ
Nash
Johnson
Tyutin
2nd

PHI
Bryzgalov
Read
1st pick
Cardboard cutout of Giroux
1 lb of Hartnell's playoff beard
Lupul*

*shhhh, just go along with it; I'm sure if Howson accepts this proposal, he's too dumb to know that Lupul isn't a Flyer

1lb of hartnells beard! **** no! what a ripoff...how about 2 of those 'promotional hartnell wigs' instead?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
I'm aware of what the word massive means and it's obviously supposed to be a purposeful exaggeration...
Hence why I said I wasn't picking on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
You're correct in the sense of the literal / original definition of the word, but it has long since ceased to hold only that meaning. When, by common consensus, the word acquires a second / other meaning, it is no longer incorrect to use it that way.

From dictionary.com

The poster used the word correctly, in the sense of definitions #3 and #4.
That usage has just never made any sense to me and looks/sounds weird. Thanks for setting me straight, though. Nothing to see here, folks, carry on.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:42 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Ok, that's enough. I'm not trying to pick on you here, but why is it that literally NO ONE knows how to use the word "massive"? It's a ****ing epidemic. In order for "massive" to be applied correctly, whatever it's describing must have, you know, mass. You can't be "massively surprised," for example.I see the same misuse everywhere on this board and, really, all over the place. Even professional journalists are guilty of the error. It's like the adjective du jour or something, yet no one can be bothered to understand how to actually use it. What gives? Sorry, rant over.

That was a massive over reaction.

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:05 PM
sg12lw

My proposal...

CLB gets:

Bryzgalov

PHI gets:

Better
More Cap Space
Rid of a headache

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:09 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
That was a massive over reaction.
Ba dum CHH

But seriously. I think I may actually see it as a better idea to see how bryz plays next season than trade him. I feel like we have a better chance of bryz turning it around, than we do of trading him and winning in the same boat we were in before, trying to plug career backups into a starting role. Now, if we could SOMEHOW get carry price from Montreal, that would be a different story, but I don't see any way Montreal doesn't resign him.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

No way in h e double hockey sticks are they going to move Jack Johnson. Now, could we interest you in Nash and the UFA rights to his BFF Aaron Johnson ...

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Okey sorry i didnt remember Bryzz NMC.

Why not Bob? with good tandem i can think that Bob and the other goalie can improve their game, like Elliot Halak tandem.

Harding sounds good, with Bob.

BTW... Flyers fan.
They also have a great defensive team. For the Flyers to win and I said it before. Bryz or any goalie for the Flyers will have to stand on his head for the entire playoffs.

If you want Nash and Johnson it would require a lot to give up which I don't think I would be willing to give up. A lot of L.A fans said that Johnson was not that good this season for them so I don't know how that would change much on Philly when they already don't like to play D.

You want them both the Flyers would have to get rid of JVR, 1st rounder, Bob or Read, Couts and possibly Mez.

Just for Nash I am sure it would be about the same but subtract Couts from that which is something that I would do.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
No way in h e double hockey sticks are they going to move Jack Johnson. Now, could we interest you in Nash and the UFA rights to his BFF Aaron Johnson ...
No but we'll take Nash and one of Tyutin, Moore, or Nikitin.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
No but we'll take Nash and one of Tyutin, Moore, or Nikitin.
But, but, but... Aaron Johnson is a defenseman too...

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote