HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
08-18-2012, 09:26 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

vCash: 500
I don't have much of a problem with Savard's skating, I don't see how he's slower than Nikitin, for example, he also outscored Moore in less than half the games, and he's a capable powerplay quarterback. I also consider him more positionally sound than Moore. Now I feel like I'm bashing Moore, I'm not, I like his game too, but Savard has shown more all around potential than Moore has to me. Just my opinion.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I don't have much of a problem with Savard's skating, I don't see how he's slower than Nikitin, for example, he also outscored Moore in less than half the games, and he's a capable powerplay quarterback. I also consider him more positionally sound than Moore. Now I feel like I'm bashing Moore, I'm not, I like his game too, but Savard has shown more all around potential than Moore has to me. Just my opinion.
I see where you're going but I think you have you final comparison wrong - Moore is the all around player but Savard has potential to have a higher ceiling as far as scoring, IMO.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I think Erixon will stay, as for the rest I'm not sure... this I can say, if Moore stays he better pick it up over my opinion of his value last season.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
IMO, any player at any position can get by with average/below average skating if they get to the spot they need to get to more efficiently....that usually comes with experience and hockey sense. Savard just isn't there yet, IMO. I'm not really sure I expect him to be, really. Moore can make up for being in the wrong position with his speed and how hard he can be on the puck. I don't see that from Savard yet. Moore is no tough guy along the walls, but he does stick his nose in there. I don't see that from Savard yet.

That's not to say he can't get there. With his size and shot he could end up better than a lot of guys. or maybe he won't. I'm not the best guy to talk to about prospects. I tend to evaluate more on what I see than what I think I will see with a lot of these guys after a few games. I've just not really seen anything from Savard that makes me think he's anything special so far.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Erixon and Savard in my opinion.

Murray will get his 9 games. Moore played well enough last season IMO to give him an edge over the other 3. Ok, maybe not "well enough," but he logged a huge amount of minutes and didn't really have a meltdown. Guys who play hard at the NHL level usually have an advantage over those who spent less time up there when it comes to opening day roster.

This could really change if there is a preseason (obviously), but just based upon what we as fans know that's what I'm going to go with.

Moore should be settling into a Bouwmeester style of player that has a decent shot and good size but plays primarily with stick work and passes / skating. His fluid skating and relative lack of physicality may make him appear "lazy," but he'll eventually be able to log minutes and a goalie handing him the puck will know that the puck is going to get out of the zone. "Smooth" is the word I'd like to go with when describing Moore.

Savard should be a more like Jack Johnson. Good at everything but doesn't have one amazing attribute (besides being Jack Johnson). That last part is obviously just referring to Jack Johnson and not Savard. "Versatile" would be the word I'd use for Savard.

Haven't seen much of Erixon so I won't comment on him.

Last edited by Crede777: 08-19-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:56 AM
ndd17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Erixon and Savard in my opinion.

Murray will get his 9 games. Moore played well enough last season IMO to give him an edge over the other 3.
I absolutely agree. Most of the season, Moore will be our sixth D-man.
Erixon and Savard to Springfield, Murray to WHL after 9 games.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 05:28 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
I absolutely agree. Most of the season, Moore will be our sixth D-man.
Erixon and Savard to Springfield, Murray to WHL after 9 games.
Then who's the extra Dman? We always like to keep one in the presser. Holden?

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:31 AM
ndd17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Then who's the extra Dman? We always like to keep one in the presser. Holden?
In Presser 7th D-man? If necessary, then of course Erixon. Here is my list of the D-man from 5th and below: 6.Moore, 7.Erixon, 8.Savard, 9.Prout, 10.Goloubef, 11.Holden, 12.Weber
In case of damage, injury and loss of quality of the game. For the season should be enough.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:46 AM
stevo61

i agree with SuperGenius in terms of where Moore and Savard are at this point, although i think Moore has to be a bit better on the defensive side or just have a more stay at home guy paired with him so he can play his game. At the same time though i think if Erixon comes in with the right attitude (big question mark) he is well ahead of both Moore and Savard IMO. Hes spent some good time in the AHL and some time with Skelleftea also.

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:56 AM
stevo61

Also i assume everyone has Aucoin penciled in but hes another year older and could be injured or run out of gas so i think there is going to be times you will see 2 up at a time or even times they make Aucoin the 7th man and give 2 a chance. Not sure how well that would work since our prospects are obviously better on the offensive side and the only defensive prospect im excited about is Weber and he is still a couple years away

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

At the risk of encouraging the Moore V Savard digression of this thread, I prefer Moore, too. My gripe with Savard is his poor decision making with the puck at times (and I get he is young and learning) as well as his lack of physicality despite his size.

I think Moore plays smarter, though I admit he makes his share of mistakes, too. His skating is really something.

Comes down to this, I feel more confident when Moore is in the game than when Savard is.

Derby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Have maintained for some time and still do that the 5/6/7 slots will be a rotation with Aucoin and the best two of Murray/Erixon/Moore/Savard. Aucoin will sit at times. Don't assume that Murray will be simply 9 games and then back to Juniors, if he's good enough he will play. It is a very competitive situation, best man wins, as it should be, and this is a very good thing.

Then as injuries take their inevitable toll, players slot up and last man down comes up. My thoughts at this point (very preliminary).

Moore
Murray
Erixon
Savard
Holden
Prout
Goloubef
Weber

Madaisky
Blomqvist
Ruth

One thing for sure, Springfield will have a pretty solid blue line with the above and Amadio.

I post, therefore I am.

Last edited by Roadman: 08-19-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Xoggz22

If there is a lockout all three eligible d-men go down.

In reality, this creates a "problem" in Springfield. they'll have to send a few to Evansville if this were to be the case.

I think Moore, Savard and Erixon are all very close. I wonder if Erixon doesn't have an advantage over a guy like Savard for two reasons. 1) His skating and 2 way game appear to be ahead of Savard and 2) Playing the Rangers system he may have bee kept down because they had a pretty solid blue line in NYC. Why have him sit as the 7th.

Erixon has the most upside of the three in my opinion but that doesn't mean he's ready. Moore played in the NHL last year and I think the #6 spot is his to lose. If you don't plan for regular play for the 7th guy, don't keep whoever of the three doesn't make the top 6 in Columbus. Play a guy like Holden at #7 or sign a cheap vet. camp tryout?

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
At the risk of encouraging the Moore V Savard digression of this thread, I prefer Moore, too. My gripe with Savard is his poor decision making with the puck at times (and I get he is young and learning) as well as his lack of physicality despite his size.

I think Moore plays smarter, though I admit he makes his share of mistakes, too. His skating is really something.

Comes down to this, I feel more confident when Moore is in the game than when Savard is.
Agree with this, plus Savard skates like he's stuck in cement.

Timeless Winter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I say we call up a mad scientist and combine Moore and Savard. The resulting Javid Savoore will start winning Norrises annually.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:41 PM
BrankoRadivojevic

Thanks guys. To be honest, I think the Jackets are going to keep Murray, with Aucoin being his mentor, and have the other three in a rotation between being the 7th Dman and the top pair in Springfield. Or I'm completely wrong. Either way, I'm going to actually enjoy going to Falcons games this year

BrankoRadivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I say we call up a mad scientist and combine Moore and Savard. The resulting Javid Savoore will start winning Norrises annually.
Pretty sure the plural form of "Norris" is Norri. for example: "Hey I'm sorry I missed cannonfest but I was recovering in the hospital after getting brutally beaten by a rampaging horde of Chuck Norri."

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Pretty sure the plural form of "Norris" is Norri. for example: "Hey I'm sorry I missed cannonfest but I was recovering in the hospital after getting brutally beaten by a rampaging horde of Chuck Norri."
Bad example. The plural of Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.

Old
08-19-2012, 05:26 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
IMO, any player at any position can get by with average/below average skating if they get to the spot they need to get to more efficiently....that usually comes with experience and hockey sense. Savard just isn't there yet, IMO. I'm not really sure I expect him to be, really. Moore can make up for being in the wrong position with his speed and how hard he can be on the puck. I don't see that from Savard yet. Moore is no tough guy along the walls, but he does stick his nose in there. I don't see that from Savard yet.

That's not to say he can't get there. With his size and shot he could end up better than a lot of guys. or maybe he won't. I'm not the best guy to talk to about prospects. I tend to evaluate more on what I see than what I think I will see with a lot of these guys after a few games. I've just not really seen anything from Savard that makes me think he's anything special so far.
I think Savard has made some rookie mistakes but his puck handling is one of his strengths. But so far he hasn't shown the reactions needed to make up for his lack of speed. Defensively he's still a liability and that's why he spent the year in Springfield. Moore has the wheels to make up for mistakes, and right now we aren't starving for offensive defenseman (a nice change) so there's no reason not to bring a defenseman who is defensively strong.

Truth is we don't know which of the kids will play opposite Aucoin. That waits for camp.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Bad example. The plural of Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.
You would think so, but with multiple Chucks the 'S' at the end of "Norris" would surely be roundhouse kicked out of his name.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
You would think so, but with multiple Chucks the 'S' at the end of "Norris" would surely be roundhouse kicked out of his name.
...I can't really contest that.

Old
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Nikita Filatov

Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Prospal
Foligno-Letestu-Johansen
Calvert/Jenner/JAM-Mackenzie-Dorsett
Gillies/Boll
JMFJ-Wiz
Nikyutin
Murray-Erixon/Savard
Aucoin

Bob
Mase

This is what I hope for. If Murray can play his no-mistake game during his tryout, and I really hope one of those three kids at forward can push the Gillies/Boll tandem out of the lineup. Our forwards are very strong as a group defensively, and our defense is great in the other end. Murray could very easily share time with Wiz on the PK and could be the 5th PP man to come in on the point. Of course our season will depend on a more than shaky tandem in net as has been the trend.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Prospal
Foligno-Letestu-Johansen
Calvert/Jenner/JAM-Mackenzie-Dorsett
Gillies/Boll
JMFJ-Wiz
Nikyutin
Murray-Erixon/Savard
Aucoin

Bob
Mase

This is what I hope for. If Murray can play his no-mistake game during his tryout, and I really hope one of those three kids at forward can push the Gillies/Boll tandem out of the lineup. Our forwards are very strong as a group defensively, and our defense is great in the other end. Murray could very easily share time with Wiz on the PK and could be the 5th PP man to come in on the point. Of course our season will depend on a more than shaky tandem in net as has been the trend.
Swap Letestu and Johansen, and put JMFJ-Wiz in as the second pairing, and this is pretty much identical to what I've more or less settled on.

And I'm gonna have to steal "Nikyutin".

Old
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Tin Tin

Quote:
Swap Letestu and Johansen, and put JMFJ-Wiz in as the second pairing, and this is pretty much identical to what I've more or less settled on.

Solid pairing with Bob, I am hoping they make a great Russian back end.. call it the Sharipova, ha.

Im predicting the conservative moves: Murray to Jr., and drop Moore and Savard down. Erixon should be ready, bring in an experienced 7th dman that has an expendable year.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Nikita Filatov

Quote:

I'd rather have RyJo in the middle as well, but I don't really recall Letestu playing on the wing here at all and part of the reason he was taken out of Pittsburgh was because he couldn't play anywhere well besides center. If he can do it then by all means I agree with switching those up, but he's produced in the middle so far so I see no immediate need to switch it up.

I'm not worried about the top four as much since they'll be seeing about the same 20-25 minutes a night depending on who is playing well. I might actually expect JMFJ-Wiz out there more if the Russians are taking up most of the PK time and Murray/Aucoin replace most of Wiz's time out there.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote