HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Solid pairing with Bob, I am hoping they make a great Russian back end.. call it the Sharipova, ha.

Im predicting the conservative moves: Murray to Jr., and drop Moore and Savard down. Erixon should be ready, bring in an experienced 7th dman that has an expendable year.
So Aaron Johnson 2.0? I believe Jim Vandermeer is still unsigned.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
So Aaron Johnson 2.0? I believe Jim Vandermeer is still unsigned.
I think I'd prefer Lebda. As much as his name is used as an illustration of just how ravaged our blueline was (heck, I do it all the time too), he actually looked like a competent #7D over here. Much moreso than AJ.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Im predicting the conservative moves: Murray to Jr., and drop Moore and Savard down. Erixon should be ready, bring in an experienced 7th dman that has an expendable year.
Going to disagree. One of the reasons for the Aucoin signing was to provide some guidance for the "youngs". They can't learn from him if they're not playing with him.

Best two of Murray, Erixon, Moore, Savard or whoever else can put themselves into consideration at camp stay and play in a three man rotation in the 5/6/7 role. Aucoin will sit some games. Then as required and injuries happen players slot up and last man down comes back up and slides into the same three man rotation.

I see no reason to acquire another "sort of" type player when we have the opportunity to play and develop our own.

I post, therefore I am.

Last edited by Roadman: 08-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

the best development for 20 and under

dmen is generally not in the NHL, it is playing a lot of minutes night in and night out. I hope these three are skilled and hockey smart enough to do what you suggest, but I doubt it. If they are good enough bonus, if not send them down.

AA will help the entire d group from top to bottom, for the money he is a great pickup.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I think I'd prefer Lebda. As much as his name is used as an illustration of just how ravaged our blueline was (heck, I do it all the time too), he actually looked like a competent #7D over here. Much moreso than AJ.
I liked Lebda, mainly because I never noticed that he was there.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I liked Lebda, mainly because I never noticed that he was there.
I did only because I made a point one time of trying to figure out who Nikitin was playing with after Tyutin was injured.

You only think I'm kidding.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:12 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Another defenseman, unless it's a guy who will rattle your fillings, is the last thing this club needs.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Another defenseman, unless it's a guy who will rattle your fillings, is the last thing this club needs.
I disagree only in the sense that it would be nice to have a guy who can stay on the bench in case of injuries without destroying anyone's development. Anything beyond that, tho... yeah, no need at all.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

Just don't think you develop

Quote:
the elite dmen playing them in 6 - 7 slot, I think the really good prospects need to develop playing big minutes, and in all situations. We just got Erixon who is a year more seasoned then Moore or Savard and a few more then Murray. Patience is really needed here.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Can't decide whether I prefer the notion of acquiring a Lebda-type for the 7 or having it be the "second" of the four kids. The likelihood is that everybody's going to see some time, given that injuries happen. But I'd rather have injuries modify the plan than be the plan.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Nordique

Quote:
I totally agree. It would be a waste of cash and effort to sign a journeyman 7th man. You can bring the kids up in rotation and not disrupt anything that they are working towards in Springfield.

Short term exposures to the big club are an integral parts of development as well.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Can't decide whether I prefer the notion of acquiring a Lebda-type for the 7 or having it be the "second" of the four kids. The likelihood is that everybody's going to see some time, given that injuries happen. But I'd rather have injuries modify the plan than be the plan.
If they play both kids regularly, and rest Aucoin (to help him stay healthy) then I want the kids. If we're going to set one guy in the press box then let it be a journeyman.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Gulvorn

Just want to take a quick look at players who took a decent amount of face-offs last year to get an idea of maybe where players might get slotted in next season.

Dubinsky 51.9% with 205 face-offs won
Letestu 51.9% with 375 face-offs won
Umberger 49.0% with 150 face-offs won
Anisimov 46.7% with 161 face-offs won
Johansen 45.1% with 97 face-offs won
Brassard 45% with 278 face-offs won
Foligno 41.6% with 62 face-offs won

As much as I think Brassard fits more into center then anywhere else, I don't know how you can really put him there with him having such a bad face-off percentage. You could almost put Johansen in there instead and give him experience and he will eventually get better.

Looks like Letestu should be 3rd line center. Everything else seems to be a little more blurry. You could make a case for Dubsinky centering either the 1st or center line with Umberger being a backup faceoff player for the 1st line. And then depending on where you put Dubsinky, have Johansen/Brassard/Anisimov center the 2nd line either permeantly or occasionally rotating one out and 1 getting 3rd line duty or wing duty.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 05:19 AM
EspenK

While face offs are a part of a centers job, if it was the most important, the Jackets would have been really good in the days of Malhotra, Vermette, Pahlson. I think you have to take everything into account.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
Just want to take a quick look at players who took a decent amount of face-offs last year to get an idea of maybe where players might get slotted in next season.

Dubinsky 51.9% with 205 face-offs won
Letestu 51.9% with 375 face-offs won
Umberger 49.0% with 150 face-offs won
Anisimov 46.7% with 161 face-offs won
Johansen 45.1% with 97 face-offs won
Brassard 45% with 278 face-offs won
Foligno 41.6% with 62 face-offs won

As much as I think Brassard fits more into center then anywhere else, I don't know how you can really put him there with him having such a bad face-off percentage. You could almost put Johansen in there instead and give him experience and he will eventually get better.

Looks like Letestu should be 3rd line center. Everything else seems to be a little more blurry. You could make a case for Dubsinky centering either the 1st or center line with Umberger being a backup faceoff player for the 1st line. And then depending on where you put Dubsinky, have Johansen/Brassard/Anisimov center the 2nd line either permeantly or occasionally rotating one out and 1 getting 3rd line duty or wing duty.
What about MacKenzie?

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 01:43 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
what about mackenzie?
54.5%

Old
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

IMO thechange in our team must come our forwardsarent quite ideal and not for their achievments but we dont have classical right wing except Kubalik and Atkinson.

maybe

Dubinsky--Anisimov--xxx
Foligno--Prospal--Atkinson
Calvert--Johansen--Umberger
Dorsett--MacKenzie--Boll

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
DangleDman

Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Prospal-Dubinsky-Anisimov
Foligno-Letestu-Dorsett
Calvert-Johansen-Boll

MacKenzie, Gillies

Johnson-Wisnieski
Nikitin-Tyutin
Murray-Moore

Aucoin

Bobrovski
Mason

Erixon, Savard, Kubalik

DangleDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:29 PM
slightlystewpid420

Check this lineup i have in one of my nhl 13 leagues.

Just traded Brassard and chaput for Teddy Purcell

Foligno Dubinsky Umberger
Purcell Johansen Atkinson
Calvert Ansimov Prospal
Jenner Letestu Dorsett

Murray Johnson
Tyutin Nikitin
Wisnewski Aucoin

I think trading brassard away really opens up the lineup a little bit so we can get back on track for having positional players, not 6 centers that can play wing or wingers that can play center. Not to mention i traded away next years 1st for TB's 2013 first. So i can bascially draft a line of prospects to develop for a year or so depending on who i get.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Check this lineup i have in one of my nhl 13 leagues.

Just traded Brassard and chaput for Teddy Purcell

Foligno Dubinsky Umberger
Purcell Johansen Atkinson
Calvert Ansimov Prospal
Jenner Letestu Dorsett

Murray Johnson
Tyutin Nikitin
Wisnewski Aucoin

I think trading brassard away really opens up the lineup a little bit so we can get back on track for having positional players, not 6 centers that can play wing or wingers that can play center. Not to mention i traded away next years 1st for TB's 2013 first. So i can bascially draft a line of prospects to develop for a year or so depending on who i get.
Not sure how I feel about the value of the trade but a couple of thoughts. (think it's an over payment)

Don't think I would let go of Brassard until such time as Joey demonstrates that he is a bonified candidate for a #1 center.

Secondly until such time as we can really determine who can and who can't play with whom, having as many center/wing options as possible is a good idea.

Don't like the idea of shipping Chaput off without ever determining his capabilities at the pro level.

Jenner does not make the CBJ roster and Calvert is a long shot at best.

Murray is at least a couple of years away from top pairing, this is his FIRST pro year and is yet to be determined IF he even makes the squad. I think he will but not playing with JJ. And Wiz is not playing 3rd pair with Aucoin.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Not sure how I feel about the value of the trade but a couple of thoughts. (think it's an over payment)

Don't think I would let go of Brassard until such time as Joey demonstrates that he is a bonified candidate for a #1 center.

Secondly until such time as we can really determine who can and who can't play with whom, having as many center/wing options as possible is a good idea.

Don't like the idea of shipping Chaput off without ever determining his capabilities at the pro level.

Jenner does not make the CBJ roster and Calvert is a long shot at best.

Murray is at least a couple of years away from top pairing, this is his FIRST pro year and is yet to be determined IF he even makes the squad. I think he will but not playing with JJ. And Wiz is not playing 3rd pair with Aucoin.
2013 1st rd picks are going to be worth a lot more than usual if this class is truly as deep as it is rumored to be. So having 4 1st rd picks is worth giving up brassard and chaput if you can draft an entire line in the first rd in my opinion. And having purcell who put up 65 pts(tied with ovi) last season, more than nash will definitely help generate/finish the offense side of things. Granted he was playing with TB's #1 players. But our offense is loaded with potential between dubinsky atkinson johansen ansimov and foligno. If johan cant cut it on the 2nd line ansimov can play center, or umberger thats the beauty i dont think it will be too hard to find the right lineup. , Was it over payment, most likely. Originally it was Brassard, Chaput, and a 2014 1st for Purcell, Namikistov, and 2013 1st but that was too many players for the league im in (trade restrictions) I'm happy and i believe i have 3 very very competive lines with a ton of potential in the backend. Thats more of a project to see how that works out. Murray has very good ratings in NHL 13 at least and i want him getting as many minutes as possible and i personally believe he needs to be mentored by JJ rather than Aucion.
In real life obviously i cant say one way or another because i havent seen him. But think this lineup will mesh really well. And there is talent spread throughout the lineup.

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 08-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Roadman
Moving On

As I mentioned, think there are some very unrealistic aspects to your line-up. But I wish you luck.

Your second line is like tissue paper, they had better score a lot or else their +\- is gonna be disastrous.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDman View Post
Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Prospal-Dubinsky-Anisimov
Foligno-Letestu-Dorsett
Calvert-Johansen-Boll

MacKenzie, Gillies

Johnson-Wisnieski
Nikitin-Tyutin
Murray-Moore

Aucoin

Bobrovski
Mason

Erixon, Savard, Kubalik
This is pretty much the way I see it laying out with no other trades happening.

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:09 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
This is pretty much the way I see it laying out with no other trades happening.
No way DMac gets scratched over Johansen. Johansen can go to the AHL instead of playing as a checking line center. Also, that third defensive pair looks really weak. Aucoin should go in as the #5 defenseman, not #7.

Old
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
As I mentioned, think there are some very unrealistic aspects to your line-up. But I wish you luck.

Your second line is like tissue paper, they had better score a lot or else their +\- is gonna be disastrous.
In real life yes. In the game, no.