Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Iginla and the Sabres

Old
07-25-2012, 06:23 PM
SabresBills2012

vCash: 500
Iginla and the Sabres

What would it take to get Iginla, in Sabres Blue and Gold?

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Backlund

vCash: 50
Why would Iginla waive for Buffalo?

Backlund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Ennis+1st+Cap dump?

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Hodgson + T.J. Brennan + Joel Armia/Marcus Foligno + Leino(cap dump) For Iginla + Tanguay?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Ennis + Foligno + Pysyk?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
calgaryflames1212

id want grigorenko in a package involving iginla.

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
id want grigorenko in a package involving iginla.
I'd want Hodgson or Ennis.

Old
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I'd want Hodgson or Ennis.
I woudn't do Hodgson. The alleged attitude issues aren't what we need on the team.

Ennis would be good for me.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
I woudn't do Hodgson. The alleged attitude issues aren't what we need on the team.

Ennis would be good for me.
Hodgson's attitude issues are overblown, he was mad because the Canucks doctors screwed up diagnosing his back, he also wanted more ice time as Mason fricken Raymond was getting more than him. He is a high skilled player exactly what we need for the future.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:38 PM
tfong

Quote:
Hodgson's attitude issues are overblown, he was mad because the Canucks doctors screwed up diagnosing his back, he also wanted more ice time as Mason fricken Raymond was getting more than him. He is a high skilled player exactly what we need for the future.
But Hodge is slow I'd rather take Grigs.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
But Hodge is slow I'd rather take Grigs.
No thanks Grig fell for a reason Hodgson put up 41 points as a 22 year old rookie.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

It would need to involve one of Ennis, Grigorenko, or Hodgson. MAYBE Armia, depending on what else was involved.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Volica

Considering I'm pretty sure I've heard Ennis is getting the top line going forward, I doubt they move him.
You want Iggy?

Grigs + 1st rounder + Dump (not Leino). Or Grigs + Pysyk + 2nd; would want the first one more.

I don't want Cody. I want a kid with top line written all over him; not a solid defensive two-way forward center... we have 3 guys in the wings and 1 guy in the NHL who could already play that role.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:51 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Considering I'm pretty sure I've heard Ennis is getting the top line going forward, I doubt they move him.
You want Iggy?

Grigs + 1st rounder + Dump (not Leino). Or Grigs + Pysyk + 2nd; would want the first one more.

I don't want Cody. I want a kid with top line written all over him; not a solid defensive two-way forward center... we have 3 guys in the wings and 1 guy in the NHL who could already play that role.
You don't think that Hodgson has top line talent?

Old
07-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Volica

Quote:
You don't think that Hodgson has top line talent?
No, he's a two-way forward with probable second line center written all over him; who had boosted stats when Vancouver was playing him in all beneficial scenarios to make him a bit sweeter to trade. Go ahead, jump on the good 'ol stats machine.

Check out where he was taking faceoffs, how much PP time he was getting, when his points started to bump and also take a quick gander into how he looked in a Sabres jersey when given a bigger role. Better yet, watch some video, some Sabres games maybe... He doesn't have first line capability; and if he did it would be in an Olli Jokinen type scenario, where it's like "Well, we don't have a top center here, plug the closest looking one."

Old
07-26-2012, 12:33 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
No, he's a two-way forward with probable second line center written all over him; who had boosted stats when Vancouver was playing him in all beneficial scenarios to make him a bit sweeter to trade. Go ahead, jump on the good 'ol stats machine.

Check out where he was taking faceoffs, how much PP time he was getting, when his points started to bump and also take a quick gander into how he looked in a Sabres jersey when given a bigger role. Better yet, watch some video, some Sabres games maybe... He doesn't have first line capability; and if he did it would be in an Olli Jokinen type scenario, where it's like "Well, we don't have a top center here, plug the closest looking one."
Yes 90+ point Olli Jokinen was never a first line center. Hodgson had 1:57 seconds of pp time a game the majority of that was on the second unit. He average 5.2 points per 60 minutes on the pp while had 2.6 points per 60 minutes on the pp. Shoudln't a more skilled player be able to take advantage of playing on the pp?

Old
07-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Thumper17

It would start with Ennis and end with a 1st rounder. one or two other parts in the middle.

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Volica

Quote:
Yes 90+ point Olli Jokinen was never a first line center. Hodgson had 1:57 seconds of pp time a game the majority of that was on the second unit. He average 5.2 points per 60 minutes on the pp while had 2.6 points per 60 minutes on the pp. Shoudln't a more skilled player be able to take advantage of playing on the pp?
Lol, once again, taking one minor point of many things i say and basing an argument off it.

I also don't even know what you said there. He averaged 5.2 but had 2.6?

Old
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

If the Flames move Iginla to Buffalo I would think it would be to fill a major hole. The Flames system needs centers with size and skill, right wingers and right shooting defensemen. The Sabres have two players that fit the bill. Hodgson and Armia. All the rest don't make sense. I would think the Sabres might give up one of these two players and then toss in a pick or a middling prospect and a salary dump of some sort. I could see a deal along the lines of Iginla and Backlund for Hodgson or Armia, along with Stafford and Leduc or Schiestel as a fairly even deal. Should make both teams happy.

Ennis is a non-starter for Calgary. Way too small for a team that has a lot of small prospects up front.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Stafford, Zemgus and a 1st is what I'd want. Apparently Zemgus looked amazing in their development camp. Lots of people think he is the real deal.

Or take out the 1st and send us Armia.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 571
The value of Iginla is larger to Calgary than it is to Buffalo. Trading Iginla is likely a cause of overpayment.

If we are playing a hypothetical game though, we have to start with what the Flames are missing worst of all. That's Centre depth and physical D. The biggest needs are physical D ready to step in soon and top 6 C.

Cody Hodgeson and Joel Armia fit the centre bill, while McNabb is the first name that comes to mind defensively (Regehr would be silly at this point and I'm looking at more of a "rebuild" trade as that's what moving Iginla would be). It's likely the Sabres would want to shed salary to stay close to even on this trade and the Flames probably want a replacement RW. Stafford or Leino makes sense there for Buffalo, though I'm not sure the Flames would like taking on Leino (With Stafford, that's +1.33 taken on by the Sabres, +.43 if you expect McNabb to stick on the Sabres this year)

I might think of Cody Hodgeson + Brayden McNabb + Drew Stafford + 2nd for Iginla + Ferland. I'm not a fan of surrendering Ferland...but I'm not sure if there's many areas the Flames can supply the Sabres in and LW looks like a decent place to start for the Flames.

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote