HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 08:47 AM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Giroux, Couts +. for D prospects
And a 1st, 'cause 1sts are gold, you know.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:50 AM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I still have this feeling...

Coburn - Grossmann
Timonen - Schenn
Bourdon/Manning - Gustafsson
I find it hard to believe that Laviolette would ice, and Holmgren be content with, a bottom pairing of two unproven youngsters. Schenn is already a big question mark. That's an awful lot of uncertainty.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I find it hard to believe that Laviolette would ice, and Holmgren be content with, a bottom pairing of two unproven youngsters. Schenn is already a big question mark. That's an awful lot of uncertainty.
Schenn is far from a big question mark. I don't understand why people act like he's some scrub. He may not be a #1 guy and he may not be living up to his potential at this point in time, but he's a solid NHL defender. Gus/MAB/Manning are big question marks, Schenn is not.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I don't even know why we keep considering Gus as a question mark. MAB I'm on the fence about whether or not he's a question mark, we've seen what he can do. Manning and Lauridsen should be the two questions marks. Hell, Gervais and Lilja should both be more question marks than Gus due to age and change of systems.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Schenn is far from a big question mark. I don't understand why people act like he's some scrub. He may not be a #1 guy and he may not be living up to his potential at this point in time, but he's a solid NHL defender. Gus/MAB/Manning are big question marks, Schenn is not.
He is a big question mark for top 4 minutes. The Flyers only have 3 established top 4 D at the moment.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
He is a big question mark for top 4 minutes. The Flyers only have 3 established top 4 D at the moment.
Wasn't Grossmann last year too? Schenn paired with Kimmo will be very good IMO, he's going to turn some heads. A fresh start, winning style, and playing with his brother will rejuvenate him.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Codith

Schenn is going to be a wrecking ball this year, just wait

Old
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Wasn't Grossmann last year too? Schenn paired with Kimmo will be very good IMO, he's going to turn some heads. A fresh start, winning style, and playing with his brother will rejuvenate him.
Yea I mean all most all the leaf fans were sad to to see him go and said great things about what he will end up as a player after he debulcks and improves mobility. And agreed that him playing with his bro will only help the both of them.

I loved what we got out of Gus that one game against Pitt. Hopefully a glimpse to the future. I'm actually highest on manning. I think he will make the team and eventually be one of our PP QBs. All that said we should keep the guys we got add a UFA dman and play a smarter system. When you're down to a bidding war for JBo it's time to take a step back and evaluate the situation. We have a GREAT young group of fwds and D with cap space and eventual more cap space to improve the D. Our widow is not closing like DET

Old
08-11-2012, 01:54 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Schenn is indeed a big question mark, given his (to be polite) inconsistent seasons with the Leafs. He has been all over the map in terms of his play. It's great to be optimistic about the "change of scenery" projection and the potential benefit of playing with Brayden, and I'm not discounting that Luke could break out as he was projected to. However, he has to prove it on the ice. "Big question mark" does not equate to a scrub. A scrub is a scrub and there are very few surprises.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:11 PM
thelos
Bunk

Schenn made the NHL at 18 and stuck around. He's had some growing pains, but I would expect he is going to step up again now on a new team (that includes his brother)

Old
08-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Someone on the Toronto Board who does somehow have souces(Mods allow all his speculation and rumors) said the Flyers are interested in hjalmarsson and Carlo Caliovoosovoxos. His name is Chuck Woods, i wouldn't mind Hjalmarsson at all, but CC is constantly out of the lineup.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Hjlaljljljjajajalalajajamasrrjjsonjn and Coliaiacaiacviao?

Great. Can't we acquire someone I can spell?

08-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post

Thought the exact same thing. I wonder what the asking price for Hjalmarsson would be? I don't think we would give up our first, just in case a player in season becomes available.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:42 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post

'Jones' is pretty easy. So is 'bad', 'hit his shins again' and 'low-upside waste of cap space'.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Manayunk Mike ‏@ManayunkMike

In Case You Missed It: SOURCE: Flyers Interest In Niklas Hjarmalsson Is On The Rise http://goo.gl/fb/6p2qI RE-TWEET! #Flyers #FlyersTalk #NHL

Old
08-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Manyunk Mike is a clown

Get out of here with that crap

08-11-2012, 04:26 PM
FLYguy3911

Even if it is true, he isn't really what this team needs. He's a good player though.

Old
08-11-2012, 04:33 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Hjalmersson would be a nice pick up for relatively cheap. Not exactly what this team needs but definitely would help the defense.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
While Schenn may not be an "established" top four defender, he is certainly capable of being one and it is not a huge question mark of whether or not he can be. There's a chance he won't, but it's more likely that he will be. Once again, this isn't some scrub border-line NHLer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Schenn is indeed a big question mark, given his (to be polite) inconsistent seasons with the Leafs. He has been all over the map in terms of his play. It's great to be optimistic about the "change of scenery" projection and the potential benefit of playing with Brayden, and I'm not discounting that Luke could break out as he was projected to. However, he has to prove it on the ice. "Big question mark" does not equate to a scrub. A scrub is a scrub and there are very few surprises.
I don't think the change of scenery has anything to do with it. He had a down year last year at 22 years old on a bad team with bad coaches. He's a good defenseman. He is not a question mark. MAB and Gus are huge question marks. Manning is a bigger question mark. Schenn is not. He's not great and I'm not expecting him to dominate, but to act like we should be holding our breath about Schenn being a top four defender is just silly.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Hjalmersson would be a nice pick up for relatively cheap. Not exactly what this team needs but definitely would help the defense.
The fans seem to think the blackhawks would want a player who is capable of playing 2nd line C

Quote:
While Schenn may not be an "established" top four defender, he is certainly capable of being one and it is not a huge question mark of whether or not he can be. There's a chance he won't, but it's more likely that he will be. Once again, this isn't some scrub border-line NHLer.

I don't think the change of scenery has anything to do with it. He had a down year last year at 22 years old on a bad team with bad coaches. He's a good defenseman. He is not a question mark. MAB and Gus are huge question marks. Manning is a bigger question mark. Schenn is not. He's not great and I'm not expecting him to dominate, but to act like we should be holding our breath about Schenn being a top four defender is just silly.
Schenn had a good year the previous year and was asked to put more weight on.. Gonna slow any cat down

Old
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
toughfighter83*

actually the whole team is question mark because they dont have a captain and good goal scoring player briere, hartnall, giroux, read, courts, read, ruslan, schenn, jake, i mean ask yourself, you really think these players will break out again or go to a slump because there's no player on here that says impact player although all flyer fans are overrating this team that they do because of one season.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Schenn had a good year the previous year and was asked to put more weight on.. Gonna slow any cat down
Exactly. He's a good player. I don't think anyone expects him to come in and win a Norris Trophy and make the all-star team. But it is certainly not a huge question mark of whether he can handle second pairing minutes.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Exactly. He's a good player. I don't think anyone expects him to come in and win a Norris Trophy and make the all-star team. But it is certainly not a huge question mark of whether he can handle second pairing minutes.
I am expecting that :|

Old
08-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

More people stealing my rumours.

I said that the hammer would be a good fit about 2-3 weeks ago. Not surprised that it's surfaced again. Eklund made up a rumour about the flyers going after Jaybo a couple of days after I posted a proposal. Even listing the same players.........

Old
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
More people stealing my rumours.

I said that the hammer would be a good fit about 2-3 weeks ago. Not surprised that it's surfaced again. Eklund made up a rumour about the flyers going after Jaybo a couple of days after I posted a proposal. Even listing the same players.........
Spongolium is Eklund's source.

Closed Thread