HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
As far as I can tell, this is uncharted territory as far as the CBA is concerned. Nashville has all the leverage obviously, but if Weber is unsigned as of December 1, he can't play in 2012-2013. What happens to the offer sheet? I haven't an idea.
Make a post about it on the business board

Old
08-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

I honestly don't think Weber would sit out the entire season.

Old
08-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Skinnier Brayden Coburn.

Tall lanky dman that skates really well and can play physical but needs to add some weight/strength.

I would imagine FLA would want to be overpaid like WPG would for Bogo.

Flyers fans will offer Read and picks/Bourdon/Wellwood

FLA fans will want Coots or Schenn

pages of fans overestimating their players
No Florida fan with a clue will ask for either of those two for Keaton Ellerby, and don't think we'd come close to Read, especially not him and picks. Would be an insane return for him, IMO. That said, I have no idea of his value. He's stuck behind Kui, Guds, Jovo, Weaver, Soup, and now Kuba. Strachan played, many of us feel, better than him and would be a fine #7. He'll probably frustrate you, but I think he could get better given the ice time.

08-14-2012, 12:52 AM
hockeyfreak7

Yeah, of all the names I've heard, Ellerby would be the most likely to be acquired for a package of picks. Would not be shocked if Holmgren went after him. The goal is pretty much to patch up the D without moving roster pieces at this point.

Old
08-14-2012, 02:39 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I honestly don't think Weber would sit out the entire season.
He would if we are locked out anyway

Old
08-14-2012, 03:04 AM
JABEE

If there actually was a luxury tax in place. Weber could get more money than he is currently making. I think there is more to this Weber NMC than meets the eye. With the new CBA, what happens to Nashville's first refusal and if there is a rollback in salaries, how will Nashville match the principle terms of the deal if the matched offer sheet isn't a valid agreement in the new CBA. Would it be grandfathered in or would Weber return to RFA status?

Old
08-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
If there actually was a luxury tax in place. Weber could get more money than he is currently making. I think there is more to this Weber NMC than meets the eye. With the new CBA, what happens to Nashville's first refusal and if there is a rollback in salaries, how will Nashville match the principle terms of the deal if the matched offer sheet isn't a valid agreement in the new CBA. Would it be grandfathered in or would Weber return to RFA status?
No one knows, but the most likely worst case scenario for the Preds is that it goes to arbitration and Weber loses. Even that, however, would be troublesome enough for the Preds to understand that Shea may not be the player they wanted to tie their franchises viability to.

I seriously doubt he'd get a second crack at being an RFA and I also doubt he risks all the guaranteed dollars.

Old
08-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Oh christ IBC is saying the Flyers could be up to something.

Quote:
Flyers are up to something , could be getting ready for a big trade for a "D-MAN" : Gathering more info
He is not a legit insider, but let's just discuss it since nothing else is going on lol.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:01 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:

He is not a legit insider, but let's just discuss it since nothing else is going on lol.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Oh god... mr. Icomplainabouteveryone (not you the insider). Same guy who said during the trade deadline Nash was 100% traded #tsnbehind and in the end Nash wasnt traded till the summer.

That being said, since we still have like a month before anything gets started, I really do hope the Flyers dont do anything stupid.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh god... mr. Icomplainabouteveryone (not you the insider). Same guy who said during the trade deadline Nash was 100% traded #tsnbehind and in the end Nash wasnt traded till the summer.

That being said, since we still have like a month before anything gets started, I really do hope the Flyers dont do anything stupid.
I agree, but Homer doesn't really make bad trades IMO. He won't win them all, but he doesn't get absolutely fleeced in them either when he doesn't get the upper hand.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
I agree, but Homer doesn't really make bad trades IMO. He won't win them all, but he doesn't get absolutely fleeced in them either when he doesn't get the upper hand.
This is pretty accurate. He does make some pretty bad signings though.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
This is pretty accurate. He does make some pretty bad signings though.
In your opinion, what are the bad signings?

Old
08-14-2012, 01:18 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Mostly the small signings that he has made like, Leighton (especially the first time), Shelley, Lilja. Just really unnecessary. Would be nice to give younger guys a chance rather than signing Shelley and Lilja who are way past being useful to the team.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:20 PM
thelos
Bunk

Eminger trade was horrible

Old
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Mostly the small signings that he has made like, Leighton (especially the first time), Shelley, Lilja. Just really unnecessary. Would be nice to give younger guys a chance rather than signing Shelley and Lilja who are way past being useful to the team.
I will agree with Shelley(to some degree) and Leighton(to some degree also). Lilja I actually think did a very serviceable job as the 7th-8th dman when he came into the games fresh from some time off. When he plays more and more, the mistakes he makes become more apparent. Two years at a low cap hit for Lilja is not a bad deal IMO, and the young guys can knock him out of the lineup with little to no consequence since the cap hit is so low. Always good to have depth back there, even if it is a guy that plays 10-12 mins a night when he is in there.

Leighton I hate, but the price some of the back-up goalies got this year, I am not damning him for the signing. Bryz will play 65-70 games anyway

Old
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
FLYERSFAN18

As I have said over the past month or so, at this point as long as we still have Giroux, Couts, B. Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Coburn, and L. Schenn.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:26 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
I will agree with Shelley(to some degree) and Leighton(to some degree also). Lilja I actually think did a very serviceable job as the 7th-8th dman when he came into the games fresh from some time off. When he plays more and more, the mistakes he makes become more apparent. Two years at a low cap hit for Lilja is not a bad deal IMO, and the young guys can knock him out of the lineup with little to no consequence since the cap hit is so low. Always good to have depth back there, even if it is a guy that plays 10-12 mins a night when he is in there.

Leighton I hate, but the price some of the back-up goalies got this year, I am not damning him for the signing. Bryz will play 65-75 games anyway
I don't mind leighton as much this season, I just thought the first time there were better options out there. I would rather give young guys some time rather than Lilja, but that is just me.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Eminger trade was horrible
nobody can defend that trade. That was as brutal as they come. Holmgren got FLEECED in that deal.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
nobody can defend that trade. That was as brutal as they come. Holmgren got FLEECED in that deal.
Whenever I think about the Eminger deal, I think about the Coburn deal for some context. That kind of balance each other out.

That said, I clearly think that Holmgren and the Flyers management team have made huge strides. For example, the Pronger deal was obviously driven out of a piss-poor understanding of the CBA. The Weber offer sheet, while unsuccessful, showed a much better grasp of the financial aspects of the contract world.

Holmgren was a first time GM, so his mistakes were evident, but on the balance, they've kept this team competitive for a long time.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Codith

Ya if that Eminger deal didn't go through we would be sitting pretty right now with John Carlson

Old
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Ya if that Eminger deal didn't go through we would be sitting pretty right now with John Carlson
That of course is saying we would draft Carlson at that spot... which nobody really knows if we would have.

Bad trade, but it doesn't mean we would have Carlson right now though.

Old
08-14-2012, 02:39 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
That of course is saying we would draft Carlson at that spot... which nobody really knows if we would have.

Bad trade, but it doesn't mean we would have Carlson right now though.
Carlson or Markstrom. Either would have been great

Old
08-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
So Daultan Leveille will officially be a free agent tomorrow if Winnipeg does not sign him. I don't know much about him other than he is a small speedy forward with decent hands. He is a former first round pick in 2008. Think anyone will pick him up for the AHL?

Old
08-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
In your opinion, what are the bad signings?
Jody Shelley (waste of money)
Michael Leighton (waste of money)
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen (waste of money)
Randy Jones (overpaid)
Joffrey Lupul (overpaid)
James van Riemsdyk (overpaid)

Closed Thread