HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AJ Burnett's Pirates! | Home of the Back-to-Back NL Player of the Month

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Oh well... 3/4 is definitely awesome. It happens in baseball. On to the next one!

Old
07-29-2012, 06:28 PM
DJ Spinoza

Hopefully with the Phillies being swept, they turn into sellers and Victorino and Pierre become available. I think we really need a leadoff hitter, and I like Victorino for the experience. If it costs a RP like Hughes and a prospect, I'd go for it. It's certainly better than something like Marte + a pitching prospect or two for Choo.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM
clefty
What?

Outside the first two innings, I thought we were absolutely terrible this series. We didn't win this series, the Astros lost it to us.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Climacus View Post
Hopefully with the Phillies being swept, they turn into sellers and Victorino and Pierre become available. I think we really need a leadoff hitter, and I like Victorino for the experience. If it costs a RP like Hughes and a prospect, I'd go for it. It's certainly better than something like Marte + a pitching prospect or two for Choo.
Would not trade marte for anything short of Upton

Old
07-29-2012, 06:49 PM
regard

Bob Pompeani tweeted that Correia wants a trade.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Told you guys he would be traded.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I didn't foresee a veteran who's spent a lot of his career in the bullpen pouting like that after losing his starting spot.

Well, hopefully we can involve him in a deal.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
07-29-2012, 06:57 PM
regard

You guys think they would trade him for a bat? Or if they have to trade him for another pitcher to keep thier depth intact.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

They should keep him and relegate JMac to the pen. But if he does get traded he'll bring back something nice.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
They should keep him and relegate JMac to the pen. But if he does get traded he'll bring back something nice.
Stupid.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Stupid.
I love MacDonald but if he's struggling against the freaking Astros, he should get a couple starts off.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
I love MacDonald but if he's struggling against the freaking Astros, he should get a couple starts off.
Putting him in the pen is stupid. He has to work it out himself not to let him stagnate.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Putting him in the pen is stupid. He has to work it out himself not to let him stagnate.
Who knows how long that will take though? I remember them sitting someone (Karstens?) early on so he could work things out and it worked well. He's had two tries to "work it out", and just hasn't done it.

Now obviously I'm not giving up on him but a couple down starts could do him well

Last edited by Beauner: 07-29-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I didn't foresee a veteran who's spent a lot of his career in the bullpen pouting like that after losing his starting spot.

Well, hopefully we can involve him in a deal.
I hope we can deal him then. Even if it is for scraps. Don't need a player in that dugout that doesn't want to be there.

Didn't like the decision to pull him from the rotation. I think it is idiotic to remove a guy that won 6 games in his last 7 starts, even if they weren't masterpieces. You go with what is working. Having said that, if he isn't professional enough to handle a move, that speaks volumes about his character. You be quiet, do your job, and see what happens. To bail on your team is horse crap.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
clefty
What?

You're on a playoff contending team. You're a free agent at the end of the year. You can't suck it up for a couple of months? I mean, does he think he's going to get dealt and go and start for the Yankees?

Old
07-29-2012, 10:38 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Yea he'd only be dealt to a losing team. Maybe he cares more about starting and his win loss stats than being on a good team?

He's at best a number 4, and he's in the bullpen on most elite teams

Old
07-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
While we're at it, let's scrap Ike Taylor for a 7th since he got beat thanks to several missed holding calls on the line in a playoff game and trade Letang for a 3rd and a prospect since he was terrible against the Flyers.

amirite?

Old
07-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
While we're at it, let's scrap Ike Taylor for a 7th since he got beat thanks to several missed holding calls on the line in a playoff game and trade Letang for a 3rd and a prospect since he was terrible against the Flyers.

amirite?
Over-exaggeration much? Read my other post, I'm not giving up on him, I just thing skipping a few starts could help him get back on track.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:03 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
KPIX-TV is reporting that the Giants have a "deal in place" for Hunter Pence, pending ownership approval.

How the **** do the Giants have pieces every year to get players of this caliber?

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
07-30-2012, 01:06 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Well I hope that means we'll land victorino. I knew the giants were interested in both and it looks like they went with pence....****ers

Old
07-30-2012, 07:32 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
KPIX-TV is reporting that the Giants have a "deal in place" for Hunter Pence, pending ownership approval.

How the **** do the Giants have pieces every year to get players of this caliber?
i don't know if there's any truth to this report yet. something big like this would most likely be on MLBTradeRumors by now.

however, the new post on MLBTR claims that the Phillies haven't shopped around Victorino nearly as aggressively as they did with Pence. so, it's likely that the Phillies have offers they like.

i will agree with the post i'm quoting though. after many big trades over the last few years, how do the Giants have the appropriate pieces to get guys like Pence anyway? are they really that much better than drafting prospects over other buying teams? are they just good at selling their prospects as players playing better than they really are?

as Pirates fans, we all know we're still secretly waiting for that Freddy Sanchez for Tim Alderson trade to pay off any year now...

Last edited by domaug*: 07-30-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
as Pirates fans, we all know we're still secretly waiting for that Freddy Sanchez for Tim Alderson trade to pay off any year now...
So are Giants fans

Old
07-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Flat Stanley

No truth to the Pence to Giants rumor.

Kevin Goldstein ‏@Kevin_Goldstein
RT @CSNBaggs: Giants VP Bobby Evans texts that there's "no truth to the rumor" the Giants have a deal in place for Pence.

Retweeted by Rob Biertempfel

Old
07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
DJ Spinoza

I'd say **** Correia and dump him, but he's more valuable pouting in the pen than a trade, because nobody is going to trade for him.

I'm still hoping for a blockbuster with Hanrahan. Other options don't look as good (such as giving up Marte to get Choo).

Old
07-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Flat Stanley

Insidepghsports ‏@Insidepghsports
As of yesterday, #Pirates have not been involved in trade talks for Shane Victorino anymore. #PIT wouldn't offer more value than Hughes.

Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib
One #Pirates source just laughed when I asked how high is #Phillies asking price for Victorino.

Closed Thread