HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jamie McBain

Old
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
djlethal08

vCash: 500
Jamie McBain

Proposed this on the Carolina boards, and some of them like the idea so I figured I'd start it here to see how our side feels.

Matt Read

for

Jamie McBain

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
I'd inquire about Faulk first if we're dealing Read, see if we'd have to add and how much, and then determine if we should jump to McBain instead.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:22 AM
dats81

I think unless we can get a #1 D we are set on defense.

We've added Grossmann, Schenn and Gervais since last year and I'd rather wait and see what a healthy Mesz can bring instead of trading another forward for McBain. Not a bad player at all but not what we need right now.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Psuhockey

I would do that deal. McBain has a great shot from the point and reminds me of Seidenberg, but much further along at his age.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
PhillyCurt12

fun story...

i was at a hershey bears game 2-3 years ago and mcbain absolutely murdered either aucoin or a. giroux (can't remember who... one of their ahl scoring dynamos) with a clean open-ice hit. i've wanted him on the flyers ever since lol

either way, i don't see how that trade would hurt, although i'd like to then swap gus and/or bourdon for pick(s) somewhere.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

McBain sucked every time I watched him. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the hype.

BrimFullofAsham45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
bp spec

I'm considering this trade but idk. I like Read a lot, but at the same time I like McBain's game. He wouldn't help out on a top pairing tho, so I don't know.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Reaper1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
I think unless we can get a #1 D we are set on defense.

We've added Grossmann, Schenn and Gervais since last year and I'd rather wait and see what a healthy Mesz can bring instead of trading another forward for McBain. Not a bad player at all but not what we need right now.
What about the possiblity of acquiring Zach Bogosian as Bill Meltzer has been hinting at?

The idea of buying low on a player who has failed to develop as orignially projected kinda intrigues me. I think he would be very suitable as a #4-#5 dman on the flyers and I think could potentially grow into a #2 dman. Something that isnt possible if he stays on the jets. Plus they have to worry about resigning Entrsom soon so the might view Bogosian as expendable...

I dont know what it would take to acquire him...

maybe Read, MAB, 2nd round pick?

or Mezaros & 1st?

Reaper1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
What about the possiblity of acquiring Zach Bogosian as Bill Meltzer has been hinting at?

The idea of buying low on a player who has failed to develop as orignially projected kinda intrigues me. I think he would be very suitable as a #4-#5 dman on the flyers and I think could potentially grow into a #2 dman. Something that isnt possible if he stays on the jets. Plus they have to worry about resigning Entrsom soon so the might view Bogosian as expendable...

I dont know what it would take to acquire him...

maybe Read, MAB, 2nd round pick?

or Mezaros & 1st?
I floated Voracek + Mezsaros + 1st for Bogosian + 2nd before the draft, and the Jets fans were unanimously opposed. They don't believe Bogosian is available for anything--but are also certain that the cost would be Schenn + if he was. I don't think that's unreasonable, to be honest, and I can't imagine we could get him without giving up a core forward (Schenn, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds) + (depending on the forward). I can't see Read or Mezsaros being the centerpiece.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Why don't we just trade Matt Read for Matt Carle????

Seriously, I see no point. We need offense more than defense at this point. Read is a cheap 50-point winger for the foreseeable future. We need him more than McBain.

Also, if you hate Matt Carle, why would you want McBain?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Why don't we just trade Matt Read for Matt Carle????

Seriously, I see no point. We need offense more than defense at this point. Read is a cheap 50-point winger for the foreseeable future. We need him more than McBain.

Carle > McBain. McBain is a soft minutes player.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Are they really that similar?

Carle is the better, and more positionally sound, defender, and superior passer; McBain is more physical, and has a better shot.

I guess that they are both offensive defenseman, but it seems that McBain brings some things to the table that Carle didn't, no?

(EDIT: I agree Carle is the far better overall player--but I aslo don't think a signed Carle could be had for Read).

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Are they really that similar?

Carle is the better, and more positionally sound, defender, and superior passer; McBain is more physical, and has a better shot.

I guess that they are both offensive defenseman, but it seems that McBain brings some things to the table that Carle didn't, no?

(EDIT: I agree Carle is the far better overall player--but I aslo don't think a signed Carle could be had for Read).
McBain coughs up the puck quite a bit from what I've seen. And the "physicality" of McBain isn't all that people believe. A better shot from a lesser player is about all.

I also don't believe we could get Carle for just Read, but I don't see why we would want to.

Like I said, we need 50 point wingers more than 30 point defensemen.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote