HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The case for a 1-year surgical tank for the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 08:57 PM
TheGoalJudge

vCash: 500
I think I'm just going to stop talking to you.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:01 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Do as you wish, keep talking to others who, like you, wants to keep this fantasy alive

Old
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
of all the players named in this thread, only two (Plekanec / Cole) will still be under contract after 13/14 season...

Yup we did, Rivet who was having a really bad season, was our 5th D at that time, wasnt contributing in any way... trades like this RARELY happen, not even once a season...

You obviously don't.
1 trade from years ago. lol. Talking like it's a regular occurrence.

Say we do trade players for picks, which for expiring contracts I would definitely do. I don't believe in letting assets go for nothing. Lets speculate that all of them turn out to be a Lars Eller type, which is hugely overrating picks to begin with. Soon to be 24, so we'll need to wait roughly 6 years for these guys to pan out.

The tankers fail to provide details on what happens during the wait. Lars will be approaching 30 by then and we'll be talking about how it's time to move him. The idea that one year of tanking is going to solve anything is not only ridiculous, but false. Prospects generally take 4 or 5 years to turn out, if at all. The whole premise is silly.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I've had that guy and Patofqc on ignore for a long time now. They are a waste of time.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
1 trade from years ago. lol. Talking like it's a regular occurrence.

Say we do trade players for picks, which for expiring contracts I would definitely do. I don't believe in letting assets go for nothing. Lets speculate that all of them turn out to be a Lars Eller type, which is hugely overrating picks to begin with. Soon to be 24, so we'll need to wait roughly 6 years for these guys to pan out.

The tankers fail to provide details on what happens during the wait. Lars will be approaching 30 by then and we'll be talking about how it's time to move him. The idea that one year of tanking is going to solve anything is not only ridiculous, but false. Prospects generally take 4 or 5 years to turn out, if at all. The whole premise is silly.
What happens during the wait? You take that 5M Gionta earns and you take it to free agency and you buy another Gionta.

Hello?

Closed Thread