HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Now is not the time to worry about Dubinsky and Anisimov getting better. We are a better team now.

07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
That's pure speculation. All of us are hoping it pans out that way, but there's always the chance he is a bust here like so many other great players. I remember people posting that the Rangers were going to be a dynasty when Drury and Gomez signed together and looked how that ended up.

All I'm saying is that even though I like the trade, Nash still has to hold up his end of the bargain.
I don't think it will be like a Drury/Gomez situation, but some Rangers fans are a little overconfident, as if there is no way Nash will fail and the cup is guaranteed to be ours within the next year or so. We'll see what happens.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Dubinsky is entering the 6th season of his NHL career. He was a 40 plus player on the Rangers for 3 of his 5 seasons. 34 point player last season. 54 point player in 10-11. 43 points in his only AHL season. He had the most success playing with Anisimov and Callahan. Didn't mesh with Gaborik. Had no chemistry with either Stepan or Richards. Columbus has a motley crew of forwards. Not a lot of skill or finishers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This franchise is in a different place and different situation than when Slats signed Gomez and Drury. That is a fact.
This isn't like those two players anyway. This is like signing Gaborik.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
I think this is better than signing Gaborik. Don't forget that Gaborik was coming off a 17 game season when he signed.

07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think this is better than signing Gaborik. Don't forget that Gaborik was coming off a 17 game season when he signed.
And the Rangers roster was otherwise terrible.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Right, this is like signing a healthy Gaborik.

Nash is that level player. Or like a Hossa or a Heatley or Kovalchuk.

He is not on the same level as Drury or Gomez.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Charizard
I'm Batman

Hey guys, I'll admit I was a little sad at first that Nash wasn't traded to Toronto since he's one of my favourite players.

But I think this is a great pick-up for you, and hopefully it works out well, I think you guys have a really solid team.

I'll be cheering for you this season!

Charizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

The best thing about acquiring Nash is not a specific number of goals that he may or may not score (although I'll be flat out stunned if he doesn't best 30 by a comfortable margin), but rather the overall effect that he brings to the Rangers' offense. We will control the puck more, we will be in the other team's zone more. We will be on the attack more.

Adding that dimension to a team that already plays arguably the best team defense in the league will go a long way towards a SCF appearance...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The best thing about acquiring Nash is not a specific number of goals that he may or may not score (although I'll be flat out stunned if he doesn't best 30 by a comfortable margin), but rather the overall effect that he brings to the Rangers' offense. We will control the puck more, we will be in the other team's zone more. We will be on the attack more.

Adding that dimension to a team that already plays arguably the best team defense in the league will go a long way towards a SCF appearance...
Thank you. This is the kind of thing the advanced stat posters just don't seem to get.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
NYR Viper

I am very excited to see what he and Richards can do on the PP together. Nash gives the Rangers a big body with actual skills who can bury the puck and find the seems. I think he will help immensely.

Bobbop can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Doan can play the point on the PP and he has a very good shot. That would be kind of nice.....

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
MDZ-Doan

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:23 PM
NYR Viper

I am very excited to see what he and Richards can do on the PP together. Nash gives the Rangers a big body with actual skills who can bury the puck and find the seems. I think he will help immensely.

Bobbop can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Doan can play the point on the PP and he has a very good shot. That would be kind of nice.....

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
MDZ-Doan

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Now is not the time to worry about Dubinsky and Anisimov getting better. We are a better team now.
This is a pefect post to sum up this trade.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
MDZ-Doan
I would go as far as guaranteeing that Brad Richards will not be moved off of the point on the Power Play, he's our QB.

Should we get Doan he can QB the second unit with Stralman/MCD/Staal.

Svenhart2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
Now that the dust has settled I would like to congratulate the NYR on acquiring one of the premier forwards in the game. I felt (as many of you know lol) that Nash would garner a bigger return than what transpired. I really hope it works out for y'all because the Rangers have a great organization and in my eyes they should be the team to beat (barring injury's). I imagine most of you have maybe only seen this dude play a couple times the last few years cause the CBJ are so bad and never on television. But, make no mistake this guy (Lundquist not withstanding) might be your most talented player on a talent laden team nonetheless. Enjoy the ride!

Sincerly,

Dejected CBJ fan ready for a couple more seasons of pain.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Like I said before...I think the trade was a necessity in requiring top line talent, but Nash has to hold his end of the deal up now. Not gonna be throwing a party until I see him consistently doing his thing out there. Always cautious when it comes to marquee players coming to the Rangers. Doesn't have a good track history.

I think for what we gave up, the deal is definitely good. It stings a bit because Arty and Dubi were homegrown guys here and they've grown on us. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both between 45-55 points in CBJ in this first year. The pick is going to be a late one and Erixon is a type of deal. Could go either way. I wish them luck. I wish Arty had taken the next step and improved and maybe he wouldn't have been packing his bags. Dubinsky was always a good trade chip.

Dubi and Cally were comparable in years past, but since then, Cally has easily taken the lead. Dubinsky dropped off, became less physical and less engaged. Cally became the captain and his numbers have been excellent recently. There are no inconsistencies with Cally. Who knows, if Cally had been playing like Dubi the past few years, maybe Cally would be in CBJ now and Dubi would be wearing the C. Dubi never matured.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:39 AM
ShootThePuckBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

Anisimov and Dubi disappeared for weeks at a time. So many games you had no clue they were even playing. They were never a game changer. Nash will control the puck more. We are more lethal now. He is exactly what was lacking. This is not a situation of adding a Bure, Gomez, Drury to a mediocre team.

This teams established..on the cusp of winning. So many times the NYR could not control the puck, and the puck would be in the zone and not able to get it out for what felt like 3 minutes and Hank would stand on his head. Nash will have an immediate impact.

ShootThePuckBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:40 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Nash scores on his first shot in his first game on a pass from richards

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Dubi and Cally were comparable in years past, but since then, Cally has easily taken the lead. Dubinsky dropped off, became less physical and less engaged. Cally became the captain and his numbers have been excellent recently. There are no inconsistencies with Cally. Who knows, if Cally had been playing like Dubi the past few years, maybe Cally would be in CBJ now and Dubi would be wearing the C. Dubi never matured.
I've always liked Dubi, while he also have frustrated me alot.

I used to exchange tapes with a guy in NA back when Dubi played in the WHL and I was instantly sold on him. I remember writing that Dubi had Jason Allison potential long before he was on anyone's radar lol. It wasn't that close, his skating improved tremendously, while his playmaking ability (that was prominent in the WHL never really was established in the NHL.

Dubi came to the AHL and was a complete pest. Almost nuts and definitely fearless. HFD had a regular goon squad and Dubi was certainly protected and then some. And that was a good thing because he could come in flying with elbows over his own end for late hits and what not. You NEVER knew what would come next. He wasn't on par with Callahan, he was ahead him for sure (Dubi isn't older then Cally, right? Or?). And he contributed in HFD for sure. Very impressive from the get go.

Then he got a shot in the NHL, and his first "full" season the havoc he created on the ice instantly opened up ice for JJ. I basically had a man crush on him, definitely my favorite Ranger. I had followed him from te WHL and here he was scoring at a great rate in the second half of the season (how many of his 40 or so pts was scored in the last 40 games?). The downside is that he got his bell ringed a couple of times.

Then his struggles started. His season after that is his best statistically, but probably his worst in his career despite scoring 44 (and 20 goals) in 69 games. He was worthless defensively. He was really a non-factor physically. Remember that in the AHL, Cally was a thin kid who bumped Ds after they moved the puck, Dubi could entice an entire team with his reckless play. Now it was the opposite, Cally worked the Ds and Dubi did not a all really.

Dubi just tried to be a player he is not. He tried to play like a David Vyborny, and he just isn't that skilled. When he became passive, his defense was exposed as pretty darn flawed. A ton of clueless albi back checking and so forth.

Since then he worked his way up and redefined his game up until the 10-11 season which is his best. He knows what it takes now, and tries to do it. But it seems like he lost some confidence. It was a tough time for him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Thank you. This is the kind of thing the advanced stat posters just don't seem to get.
Imagine if we kept Mitchell to play with Nash? We'd never give up the puck!

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:30 AM
KaraLupin
카라

Will a Nash/Richards/Gaborik line be tried?

Has Torts said if he will favor playing all 3 big guns on the same line (When they are all healthy), or does he want to balance the guys out a bit between 2 lines?

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Also, Nash will now deflect all of the attention Gaborik was getting. This is no longer a one man show, teams will have to prepare for 2 productive lines.

Old
07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

I'd balance out the lineup. On the power play that's fine, but separating Nash and Gaborik makes game planning against us a lot more difficult

Old
07-27-2012, 06:56 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

The lines are going to change.

I can't believe people still get hung up about this. Torts is going to shuffle lines when things aren't going well. Yes, this combination will be tried. Yes, at some point Nash will screw something up and get benched for a period or two. Yes, he'll be tried at both LW and RW. If you have a question about line combinations, the answer is probably "yes."

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

The way Torts juggles lines? For sure.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote