HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread Part III (Waiting List Open!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Nice try
Yeah coming from me it sounds biased but to be honest it helps those who had no light at the end of the tunnel stomach a restart. Teams get their original first rounder back and we start fresh.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I'll tell you right now, no matter the decision I make someone is not going to be happy.

Either I get the people who built up their terrible teams mad or I get the people who aren't happy with the direction of the game mad.

This is gonna suck.

08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Yeah coming from me it sounds biased but to be honest it helps those who had no light at the end of the tunnel stomach a restart. Teams get their original first rounder back and we start fresh.
Actually, I'm totally fine with that

Old
08-12-2012, 08:44 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
You would still get to keep your #1 overall pick if that's any consolation prize

Old
08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
All i can do is plead my case. I'm not trying to be a meanie head or throw a wrench into anyone's spokes. I'm just pleading my case. If there's a restart, I'm not going to quit or throw a fit or picket outside of RKYs house, I'm going to get the Habs again, and pretty much immediately start reacquiring my team all over. Starting with Ennis. (NVYV get ready right now, I got Patches warming up for you.) But until then, all i can do is plead my case.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:50 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I'll tell you right now, no matter the decision I make someone is not going to be happy.

Either I get the people who built up their terrible teams mad or I get the people who aren't happy with the direction of the game mad.

This is gonna suck.
I am fine either way!

Old
08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
All i can do is plead my case. I'm not trying to be a meanie head or throw a wrench into anyone's spokes. I'm just pleading my case. If there's a restart, I'm not going to quit or throw a fit or picket outside of RKYs house, I'm going to get the Habs again, and pretty much immediately start reacquiring my team all over. Starting with Ennis. (NVYV get ready right now, I got Patches warming up for you.) But until then, all i can do is plead my case.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Count me in as someone who is quite happy with the position my team is in and am completely fine with a reset. Saying it's just the people with poor teams who want a reset is not accurate.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Maybe we should have a poll where there are 4 options, where the first 2 are players that STRONGLY want either of the options, and a third option for player who don't care either way. And the last being players who don't want to play anymore.
a. Restart
b. Stay the same
c. Don't mind either
d. Want to leave the game

Old
08-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I guess a restart wouldn't be horrible. As long as we still get to trade, have the same amount of control over our team, etc.

If star players get star-player-worthy returns, it's fine if they move, right?

Old
08-12-2012, 08:56 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I guess a restart wouldn't be horrible. As long as we still get to trade, have the same amount of control over our team, etc.

Sting's post explains the problem perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'll keep playing no matter what. I like my team quite a bit, too. But I can't understand how others don't see how it hurts the game to mess teams up. It's "fun" for the person making the trades until that person (possibly) gets bored or busy and leaves. Then everyone else still playing, with time invested in the game, is left dealing with the fun. It becomes less fun when you have dead teams devoid of valuable assets, unattractive to potential owners.

Also, my opinion on this was forged long before that Malkin trade. I think a couple of teams got absolutely butchered early in the season, and are really in terrible situations going forward. I also don't think NJ, doing as poorly as they were and as likely to lose Parise in free agency as they were, acted unrealistically in trading away their big contracts for picks, prospects, and young roster players. That made sense.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Absolutely. I have no issue with the major deals. What I do care about is because of some mistakes a team becomes completely irrelevant.

Some teams I can think of off the top of my head right now are so far in a hole (or at least would be in real life) that they don't really have any desirable pieces anymore, and don't have any hope of being able to turn it around anytime soon.

I LOVE the trading. It's so much fun and makes the game so much more interesting. What I don't like are certain teams being taken advantage of early and being stuck with a terrible team and having it take literally years just to be competitive again.

I liked some of the big trades that were made. I think that having a GM committee would turn away the bad deals and would still allow for big deals to go down.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

I love the PMs I got on how I destroyed the league and my team. lol U add the two I traded for to my roster now and I still have a better team on paper then u 2 PMers of you. Even giving up Malkin.
some of u people with the PMs need to grow up.

didnt mean to come off cocky, srry boyz.

If I could take the trade back I would, i don't want people to lose out on their time and hard work. im not sorry about the trade, i am sorry its come to this.

Last edited by HeaveHo94: 08-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
I love the PMs I got on how I destroyed the league and my team. lol U add the two I traded for to my roster now and I still have a better team on paper then 95% of you. Even giving up Malkin.
I also love the guys who
You're getting hate PMs? What? come on now.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:10 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

That's not right an a lack of respect for a fellow GM. A PM should not be sent to a fellow GM commenting on their trades. That's just common courtesy.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:12 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

My God, the lack of respect amongst 30 people is just disgusting in this game.

It's a ****** fantasy board game. We can't have a civilized conversation and we can't go about our business without being criticized.

I should shut this **** down completely then we'll see how quickly people will gain some respect from their fellow posters.

It sickens me the lack of common courtesy that is going on between GM's and fellow people around here.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
You're getting hate PMs? What? come on now.
It's just a game guys

Old
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
HeaveHo94

to tame it i see a cap on trades, and a poll system. but i dont like that.
in my other league i did it the 1st 3 trades were free after that $5 each.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
It's just a game guys
Yeah PMing out of no where to put someone down isn't cool at all. In fact, the more i think about it, the more i feel bad to Heave and glasgow. They made a trade they both liked and were probably each excited about (especially glasgow after winning the cup then snagging Malkin) This has turned into a negativity fest. Everyone should relax, there are people who want a reset and those who don't. Let's just get it done (whatever it is) quickly and let's do this. We could be drafting right now.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

People want to now why these types of games get ruined? It's not because of bad trades, it's because of ********* that can't treat fellow posters with respect over a stupid game.

That sickens me and so help me God you better hope I don't find out who you guys are.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
HeaveHo94

If I could take the trade back I would, i don't want people to lose out on their time and hard work. im not sorry about the trade, i am sorry its come to this.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post

You did nothing wrong. The trade was just at the wrong place at the wrong time

Old
08-12-2012, 09:35 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I have never been so mad at these boards in my life. I'm livid at the fact that we can't treat each other with the slightest bit of respect over a stupid game. It's common courtesy between fellow people.

I'm done here. I'm so sickened right now that I don't even know if I want to keep this going AT ALL. I have to play babysitter here.

You'll here my answer from me tomorrow. Maybe.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
You did nothing wrong. The trade was just at the wrong place at the wrong time
exactly

Old
08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
People want to now why these types of games get ruined? It's not because of bad trades, it's because of ********* that can't treat fellow posters with respect over a stupid game.

That sickens me and so help me God you better hope I don't find out who you guys are.
Yeah. I think this sums up the problem more than anything, a few immature people. I think we need to replace some gms, and like the neutral people who are going to be free agents, maybe have a neutral bystandard like Zenith be the judge and jury when it comes to big trades.