HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread Part III (Waiting List Open!!!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2012, 10:45 AM
  #801
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
I think this is the unspoken undertone that is going on that many GM's, excluding a select few, are unwilling to talk about. Sting was one of the more vocal people to recognize the problem early on, but instead of going forward with solutions in a very few select cases we've blown this up to give redemption in an unwarranted situation.
This is exactly right. I'm not trying to say that the GMs with bad teams suck and don't deserve a second chance, r really anything negative about them. But the GMs who came into the game with a serious mindset to turn a team around, and at the first glimpse of a team that they can finally start to feel good about, we're resetting..

I know (as well as Sting) that there are/were GMs who didn't care about the team or didn't know about prospects and destroyed their teams. They should be fired like in real life. Want realism? I do. So lets fire the GMs who make crappy trades. The possibility of being canned would keep the GM from making bad trades from here on out. Simple as that, keep the game going, fire the GMs who make awful trades to destroy their team. I know it sounds harsh, but if we're resetting because of a few GMs who poorly ran their team, it's unfair to the GMs taking this seriously.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
  #802
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
I like what I've done too. Taken a team low in the standings with no real future, and stockpiles promising prospects and picks.

TheRedViper is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
  #803
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Ah ok good haha because I honestly don't have a problem with anything other than a few unrealistic trades.

That said, honestly, I have made the 2 most unrealistic trades in this entire game. I'm not innocent. lol I would happily give those players back if we can still keep our teams and not reset. The trade also upset some people and I think still upset some people and no one wants to make anyone upset.
Hahah, my trade was soo bad, I got evicted from the Coyotes board!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1202775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Also, when i see "ryrpassion" i think "oh, thats Coyotes" haha same for all the other GMs. This game blew up recently, but for the most part, the GMs get along and we are all deeply into this game (for the most part? i dont know all the GMs)
And yeah, I've been on HF for a good part of 5 years now, with 4 as a member, and this is the first time I've felt that I'm a part of something on these, posting and adding my views.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:53 AM
  #804
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Haha my God this game.

I was starting to lean a certain direction and we got back into this whole conversation all over again.

There are vocal people on both sides of the argument. That makes it 10000x harder on me.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
  #805
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
I would not be apposed to this, but really would want to make it so that trades must be confirmed if one side wants it as long as a committee retroactively decides it is not veto worthy. Teams should not be given a chance to turn down a trade that was fair and agreed upon before just because it didn't go their way.
If there is a reset, teams shouldn't be required to make trades before that were fair if they don't want to. I can see GMs getting upset if a deal from before that was fair isn't done again.

Maybe we should all pick a new team if there is a reset, that way it is "new" league and no one can really get that upset with one another for prior deals.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:56 AM
  #806
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM
 
Original Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Hahah, my trade was soo bad, I got evicted from the Coyotes board!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1202775


And yeah, I've been on HF for a good part of 5 years now, with 4 as a member, and this is the first time I've felt that I'm a part of something on these, posting and adding my views.
Same with all of this.

Original Blue is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 10:58 AM
  #807
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
I REALLY don't want to start naming teams here. There are certain teams that early on not only got rid of their star forward buy any prospect depth then there's another team that completely annihilated their prospect system with an again roster.

There are 4-5 teams that have beaten up their team so bad that they are the now just a terrible team. Some of these guys want to be active but they're literally in a vice because they have no desirable pieces. It will, no joke, take years for them just to be competitive again. You want to fire them because of their stupidity? That's all well and good but who would want to take over that team. While some GM's took their bad teams and built them up there were a handful of them through mistakes that turned their team into a black hole. That's not really healthy for the league as of right now.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:00 AM
  #808
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,981
vCash: 500
As someone who totally revamped their team from top-to-bottom like no one else here, I would be totally fine starting over even with the effort I put into it. That's part of the fun.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:01 AM
  #809
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Hahah, my trade was soo bad, I got evicted from the Coyotes board!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1202775


And yeah, I've been on HF for a good part of 5 years now, with 4 as a member, and this is the first time I've felt that I'm a part of something on these, posting and adding my views.
Ok my wife to be is looking at me because i'm laughing like an idiot. hahaha i was half tempted to post in the Montreal boards but quickly shot the idea down for that very reason. Dude, this made me smile. Look man, the way I see it is you're having fun. Besides, our players live in EASports not real life. Like the Malkin trade isn't that bad because EASports loves Schenn. Maybe in NHL 13 the players you got in that trade work out better than the players you gave up? I mean, probably not, but you never know. haha The important thing is you asked the Yotes fans what they thought and good God, i love you.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  #810
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
I didn't mean to cause such an uproar here but I noticed a serious problem with the league that will more than likely get worse. If we want to keep it as is an try to tweak the problem, only to continue slowly going down hill here--in 2 years or whenever the game crashes because of the build up of these problems I would have done more work for absolutely nothing then nipping it in the bud when we noticed it.

I don't want to offend anyone here but just an example. If we reset the rosters, MTL, CBJ, DAL, BUF, etc can build their teams up the exact same way. That's awesome! However, right after Calgary dealt Iginla in that deal they turned into a wasteland. If we reset the roster we would make sure Iginla is traded for a good return to keep Calgary competitive and desirable. The Nash to SJ trade was perfectly fine, that would be approved again because it was good for both teams. Same with the Perry deal. The previous Calgary owner not only screwed the team by trading one of their few valuable pieces for ceap, but cleaned out their prospect pool as well. That wouldn't happen again in a reset.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:11 AM
  #811
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I REALLY don't want to start naming teams here. There are certain teams that early on not only got rid of their star forward buy any prospect depth then there's another team that completely annihilated their prospect system with an again roster.

There are 4-5 teams that have beaten up their team so bad that they are the now just a terrible team. Some of these guys want to be active but they're literally in a vice because they have no desirable pieces. It will, no joke, take years for them just to be competitive again. You want to fire them because of their stupidity? That's all well and good but who would want to take over that team. While some GM's took their bad teams and built them up there were a handful of them through mistakes that turned their team into a black hole. That's not really healthy for the league as of right now.
You can name names if the name is me. Always, haha i don't mind at all. Not saying you were talking about me but in general, i don't mind.

I made some bad trades, yes yes. i would gladly give those prospects back in a heart beat if it meant not being an accessory to a teams demise.

And like Boyler said and myself and others...it's the fun of the game to turn a team around.

Also, i'm not saying fire GMs because of their stupidity, I have talked about this with you before and explained the meaning and reasoning behind it, i thought you at least knew that i wasn't trying to say "fire them for their stupidity" I'm not mean and heartless but if the problem is GMs destroying their teams through trades and not being "realistic" enough, then the realistic thing to do would be to fire the GMs who run their teams into the ground. Not firing anyone now, but having it simply just be a rule for the future. I also think the committee idea is a good one. If you want to restart then let's do it. I feel like that's where it's headed and thats fine.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:15 AM
  #812
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I didn't mean to cause such an uproar here but I noticed a serious problem with the league that will more than likely get worse. If we want to keep it as is an try to tweak the problem, only to continue slowly going down hill here--in 2 years or whenever the game crashes because of the build up of these problems I would have done more work for absolutely nothing then nipping it in the bud when we noticed it.

I don't want to offend anyone here but just an example. If we reset the rosters, MTL, CBJ, DAL, BUF, etc can build their teams up the exact same way. That's awesome! However, right after Calgary dealt Iginla in that deal they turned into a wasteland. If we reset the roster we would make sure Iginla is traded for a good return to keep Calgary competitive and desirable. The Nash to SJ trade was perfectly fine, that would be approved again because it was good for both teams. Same with the Perry deal. The previous Calgary owner not only screwed the team by trading one of their few valuable pieces for ceap, but cleaned out their prospect pool as well. That wouldn't happen again in a reset.

I'm down. I don't want to be a roadblock here. I'm just excited to get the game going again. If more people want to reset than not, I'll go with the flow.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
  #813
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
I agree with the above with the restart. But I don't want to go in having other GMs expect to make the same deals. If you're doing GM mode on NHL 12, when you start over, do you make the same deals again? I know I don't.

This is the only concern I have about the restart, that some teams aren't going to make the same moves they made before and the other GMs might take that a bit personally.

Perhaps picking new teams would be the best way to prevent that. Maybe not. Who knows. Just throwing darts here.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:18 AM
  #814
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
I'm simply just saying that I want to have the best of both worlds. I want you guys to have the same exact teams that you currently have because you worked your ***** off to get the te to we're you like it. I guarantee you that if we did a reset I wouldn't stop you guys from doing 95% of the trades you've done.

I also don't have a problem with this being unrealistic. I'm not wanting one trade for the entire first half of the season being a 3rd line player for a pick. I want activity and lots of trades.

At the same time I want everyone to have fun. Teams that have been demolished (wither inherited or the same GM) are going to struggle. Basically I'm like Bwttman in that I want parity.

I want the Nash's and Iginla's and Kane's to be traded. I just want it to be fair.

I get the whole league shouldn't pay for some mistakes but if some of you were in such an awful position with your teams you'd be stuck and not really have much fun. You have to realize some aren't as versed as others about players. I feel bad for the ones that didn't really know because either them, or the possible replacements have to pay for their early mistakes for years.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:21 AM
  #815
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
I agree with the above with the restart. But I don't want to go in having other GMs expect to make the same deals. If you're doing GM mode on NHL 12, when you start over, do you make the same deals again? I know I don't.

This is the only concern I have about the restart, that some teams aren't going to make the same moves they made before and the other GMs might take that a bit personally.

Perhaps picking new teams would be the best way to prevent that. Maybe not. Who knows. Just throwing darts here.
While some deals may not made I can guarantee that the bad ones won't fall through the cracks again.

Again this falls squarely on my shoulders the mess we are currently in. I was careless at the beginning because I had a million other things to focus on and let trades go through that shouldn't have. I know there are no excuses but it is my fault this is currently going on.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
  #816
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
To be quite honest if a reset was done with all the same GM's with their same teams I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's team looked 95% the same.

The difference would be that teams such as Calgary, amongst a couple others, would be in a much better position then they're in now. They can have a quicker rebuild and stay competitive.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
  #817
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Honestly, If we keep this league going the way it is, i'm going to give the prospects back to the two teams i got them from in the beginning of the year anyway. I don't feel like having that dark cloud hanging over my head anymore, it's terrible. No one's fault but my own for taking advantage of the GMs (one who knew it was lopsided but didn't care...just saying) either way, the two teams will get their prospects back. Maybe that will help?

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:30 AM
  #818
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM
 
Original Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
I agree with the above with the restart. But I don't want to go in having other GMs expect to make the same deals. If you're doing GM mode on NHL 12, when you start over, do you make the same deals again? I know I don't.

This is the only concern I have about the restart, that some teams aren't going to make the same moves they made before and the other GMs might take that a bit personally.

Perhaps picking new teams would be the best way to prevent that. Maybe not. Who knows. Just throwing darts here.
Okay so not to be an ass but this is my exact problem/concern. A very fair trade for Perry was made but now I'm likely going to be punished because STL didn't do well and likely wouldn't want to do it again. Sorry its true.

This is why I say we do the idea proposed earlier and deal with any of the problems that come along.

Original Blue is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
  #819
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
I agree with the above with the restart. But I don't want to go in having other GMs expect to make the same deals. If you're doing GM mode on NHL 12, when you start over, do you make the same deals again? I know I don't.

This is the only concern I have about the restart, that some teams aren't going to make the same moves they made before and the other GMs might take that a bit personally.

Perhaps picking new teams would be the best way to prevent that. Maybe not. Who knows. Just throwing darts here.
I don't get how this is a concern? If i trade Patches for Ennis again and trade for Burmistrov and Voynov again that would be a concern? I'm not trying to be a dick, you know I like you and like doing GM business with you, I'm just confused as to why that would concern you?

I see your points and I agree. It's easy for me to see where another person is coming from, but it doesn't make sense to me to just have a new team and start over with new players. I know it's fun, but it's also fun to do the work to get your team to where you like it, and then to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
  #820
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
Okay so not to be an ass but this is my exact problem/concern. A very fair trade for Perry was made but now I'm likely going to be punished because STL didn't do well and likely wouldn't want to do it again. Sorry its true.

This is why I say we do the idea proposed earlier and deal with any of the problems that come along.
That's not true though. I think that was a very fair deal that both of you would do again. There is nothing wrong with that trade and both teams benefitted there.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
  #821
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
use this past league as a prototype, we now know what works and doesn't work. Use the new game when it comes out with all new updated rosters, everyone starts out fresh. and no trading draft picks that are for the draft 2 years from now. just a suggestion...

HeaveHo94 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM
  #822
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
Okay so not to be an ass but this is my exact problem/concern. A very fair trade for Perry was made but now I'm likely going to be punished because STL didn't do well and likely wouldn't want to do it again. Sorry its true.

This is why I say we do the idea proposed earlier and deal with any of the problems that come along.
It's a reset, why should I do everything exactly the same?

And to be honest about Perry, I probably wouldn't do it again, but I still think my team was in fine shape at the end of the year. I liked the direction my team was going in. I have no problem with the deal we made or the direction of my team and I'd gladly continue with it with no reset, but if we were to start over from scratch, I simply wouldn't do it.

That's why I suggested starting over with new teams. So people don't take stuff like this personally.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
  #823
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Maybe it's time to delete the last 20 pages of this thread and keep moving forward. Let this bad boy drive itself straight into the ground all by itself.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:42 AM
  #824
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Honestly, If we keep this league going the way it is, i'm going to give the prospects back to the two teams i got them from in the beginning of the year anyway. I don't feel like having that dark cloud hanging over my head anymore, it's terrible. No one's fault but my own for taking advantage of the GMs (one who knew it was lopsided but didn't care...just saying) either way, the two teams will get their prospects back. Maybe that will help?
sorry, that's against our CBA.

what a cluster f this turned into. pull the plug.

HeaveHo94 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
  #825
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
So let's restart man. No one will argue. From the start i said I wanted to do what the Commish wanted and what the majority of the GMs wanted. No fighting, no bad blood, the only reason why i'm being so vocal is because I wanted to fight for my team. Both sides had a chance to state their case and i stated mine. If we choose a restart then so be it.

I don't think the league would run itself into the ground if we kept going as is. If you thought that, then you should have restarted a while ago. If Calgary is hurting that bad, i have 0 problems giving Barschi back. Ill give Tampa his prospects back as well. for free. which is basically the price i paid for them anyway. Would that even resolve any of the problem?

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.