HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Michael Handzus

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2005, 01:30 AM
OlliMackBjugStud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
$2.8 million, quite affordable. I'm not looking to move him for salary reasons.
yes you are. PHI is going to have to dump salary under an NHL or an NHLPA resolution to the lockout.

it has to come from somewhere, doesnt it ?

i think there will be lots of players traded for very little once the season gets going again.

dr

Old
01-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Ratfinklives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR
yes you are. PHI is going to have to dump salary under an NHL or an NHLPA resolution to the lockout.

i think there will be lots of players traded for very little once the season gets going again.

dr
If the flyers cut salary it will be Amonte (5.5 I think) Leclair (9) and Roenick (another 9) not Handzus's 2.6

Old
01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
OlliMackBjugStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfinklives
If the flyers cut salary it will be Amonte (5.5 I think) Leclair (9) and Roenick (another 9) not Handzus's 2.6
to who ? no team is going to want to have that on their payroll.

i suppose PHI is one team that will afford buyouts, but thats alot of money.

dr

Old
01-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Morrow or lehtinen would be ideal, I dont see why Dallas would need Zeus, and it would probably take a little more to land one of these guys anyway.
The Stars have little to no interest in Michael Handzus IMO. The Stars interest in Handzus isn't as high to offer up a whole lot, at least not enough from the Flyers perspective IMO. Certainly no Morrow or Lehtinen, which doesn't even make sense from the Stars perspective.

Old
01-14-2005, 04:15 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR
You're assuming there's going to be a hard cap? The Flyers can easily afford to pay any luxury taxes or whatever the new CBA brings. LeClair and Amonte will be bought out. All of their higher paid players are on short term contracts and they have plenty of youngsters to fill roster spots. Contract-wise the Flyers are in great shape. They're not going to sign anybody for more than what Primeau makes when/if there's hockey again.

As far as Handzus is concerned there's no way Clarke will trade him unless it's a ridiculous offer. He's a 6'5 defensive center who can chip in 40-60 points depending on linemates and role.

FWIW Clarke said Carter might play RW at least when he first gets to the NHL. If they bring Zhamnov back and Carter excels at RW I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him there.

Old
01-14-2005, 06:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
You forgot ugly as Chris Chelios with the hair of Daniel Alfreddson.
Ask females what they think. My one friend is hellbent on doing some things probably not suitable to mention on this board.

I think Handzus holds more value than people think. He's not holding a spot for anyone, there's no one on this team to take his place. He will stay, and I wouldn't trade him unless its an insane offer.

Old
01-14-2005, 08:15 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

As a CBJ fan, I'd love to see Zeus in Columbus. Unfortunately, the team won't trade any young player worth anything (and they shouldn't) and only have overpriced vets and draft picks to bargain with.

Old
01-14-2005, 08:18 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR
to who ? no team is going to want to have that on their payroll.

i suppose PHI is one team that will afford buyouts, but thats alot of money.

dr
They've already discussed buyouts.

Burke is a given (Phoenix must pay half)
At least one of LeClair/Amonte will be bought out

Old
01-14-2005, 08:19 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
It's no secret that I'm a huge Michael Handzus fan.

What would it cost from the Avs point do you think to get him?

Something built around Handzus/Vaananen.

Old
01-14-2005, 08:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Another huge Handzus fan here, could Calgary get him for Lydman? I'd deal Warrener under the right circumstances as well, though I doubt Sutter would, to bad I don't hold a real position with the Flames.
Lydman is a nice player, but not a fit for Philadelphia. We have plenty of puck moving defenseman. Looking for more of a physical presence.

Old
01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
mercury

I love Zeus, too. However, we will have a tremendous glut at center, and he and Gagne are probably are two most tradeable roster players at the moment. I doubt Gagne is going anywhere, and most teams would love to bring Zeus in. I think a Handzus/Vaananen deal makes some sense, and I proposed Handzus+Seidenberg for Brewer a while back, which some people sounded happy with, other not so much. I'd hate to see him, but we have to make room for Carter, Richards, etc.

Old
01-14-2005, 12:38 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
As a CBJ fan, I'd love to see Zeus in Columbus. Unfortunately, the team won't trade any young player worth anything (and they shouldn't) and only have overpriced vets and draft picks to bargain with.
How about a first round pick in 2005?

Old
01-14-2005, 12:42 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR

dr
Whatever the deal shapes up to be, there will be a grace period for teams to get their salaries under any sort of cap.

Old
01-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

If picks would do it, if I was the Rangers GM I'd ship off 2, maybe all 3 of our 2nd rounders in the coming draft.

If it couldn't (and we have *very* few NHL calibre players atm) a decent fit might be Kasparitis and a pick for Handzus and Amonte. We're not making the playoffs for at least another couple years, so IMO Amonte and Kasparitis would be a wash in terms of future value for the org. Amonte makes about a mil more than Kasparitis, and Handzus 2.8? so it ends up being a net of -4 million for Philly financially, plus they are dumping something they can't use (Amonte) and don't really need (Handzus) for something they could definitely have use for (a physical, 2nd-3rd pairing defenseman with playoff exp in Kaspar).

Just a thought.

Last edited by Evil Sather: 01-14-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old
01-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Something built around Handzus/Vaananen.
I, just like RIAL, love Handzus. And I would do something like a Handzus + 2nd for Vaananen ... however, the Avs have a glut of forwards at the moment, so unfortunately it wouldn't make sense unless the Avs were able to dump a forward as well (which in itself would be tough considering 4 of them were signed this offseason).

Old
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
If it couldn't (and we have *very* few NHL calibre players atm) a decent fit might be Kasparitis and a pick for Handzus and Amonte. We're not making the playoffs for at least another couple years, so IMO Amonte and Kasparitis would be a wash in terms of future value for the org. Amonte makes about a mil more than Kasparitis, and Handzus 2.8? so it ends up being a net of -4 million for Philly financially, plus they are dumping something they can't use (Amonte) and don't really need (Handzus) for something they could definitely have use for (a physical, 2nd-3rd pairing defenseman with playoff exp in Kaspar).

Just a thought.
Not a bad thought, but Kasparitis is not a Hitchcock type player. Hitch doesn't like player that like to step up and take a chance adn go for a big hit. McGillis, who plays a similar style, was awful under Hitchcock and had to be traded.

Old
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

After his "Kasparminus" first half of his first year (when he was -18) he's rebounded and seems to rarely go for the gigantic open ice hit anymore and has been +34 (if you can believe it) in the last season and a half. Dare I say it, he's almost... reliable .

Anyway, just threw it in there to be interesting, hoped the temptation to dump Amonte might pique your interest

Old
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
How about a first round pick in 2005?
um, no.

Would you take a 2nd?
MacLean is fond of trading his second rounders, though he prefers to ship them to the Stars, I'm sure he'd make an exception in this case.

Old
01-14-2005, 03:56 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Blockbusterrr

To Philidelphia
Miroslav Satan, Jp Dumont 3rd Round pick

To Buffalo
Micheal Handzus, Justin Williams and a 2nd

Old
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDude2631
Blockbusterrr

To Philidelphia
Miroslav Satan, Jp Dumont 3rd Round pick

To Buffalo
Micheal Handzus, Justin Williams and a 2nd
As long as Carolina agrees.

Old
01-14-2005, 04:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I know Bobby Clarke really likes Bobby Ryan alot.

If Philly is looking to move up and grab him, Handzus might be a good place to start. Maybe Zeus, Philly's '05 1st, a veteren winger (Kapanen, Amonte, LeClair, ect.), Timander, picks/prospects for NYR's '05 1st and Kaspar. Philly could then take NYR's first and use it to move higher. 'Yotes have no second or third round '05 picks, and Im sure they would like one, there could be something there.

I think my value is off here, and it's too complicated, but Philly has moved up before...Pitkanen, Carter, ect.

Old
01-14-2005, 04:41 PM
mercury

If the Flyers move up to take Bobby Ryan (a distinct possibility), they will do it most likely by trading their 1st, 2nd, and another piece (expendable roster play/decent prospect), not a huge, messy deal like this.

Old
01-14-2005, 04:55 PM
blah

I agree w/ that, if they want to move up they'll give up quantity (picks and players like Sharp, Seidenberg, etc) and not quality (Handzus).

Old
01-14-2005, 05:20 PM
mercury

I would imagine a package including the Flyers 1st, 2nd, and Sharp/Seidenberg etc. would entice some team in the #5-10 range, hopefully high enough to get Ryan. He sounds like he has Flyers written all over him, and he's a local product and family friend of Bobby Clarke's. Great idea, even though he looks like Scarlett Johansson.

Old
01-14-2005, 05:31 PM
blah

Flyers traded their 05 2nd.

Closed Thread