HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nationals, Wizards, DC United, O's, Ravens....DC area sports III

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
The Orioles have never beat Jon Lester...until tonight.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Old
09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
txpd

i just ran across the maryland v west virginia football game. this is altenative uniforms run amok. they were coming back from a break and i could see the blue and gold filled stands and knew the game was at wvu.

then i saw the teams. one in all grey and one in all white. there was no blue and gold to speak of on wvu and no red or yellow or black on the maryland uni's. i had no idea what i was looking at.

totally ridiculous.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:32 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i just ran across the maryland v west virginia football game. this is altenative uniforms run amok. they were coming back from a break and i could see the blue and gold filled stands and knew the game was at wvu.

then i saw the teams. one in all grey and one in all white. there was no blue and gold to speak of on wvu and no red or yellow or black on the maryland uni's. i had no idea what i was looking at.

totally ridiculous.
All the trim and numbers where in blue/gold for WVU and and same for red/black on the Maryland uniforms. Good/Bad/Indifferent, Maryland (Under Armor) is going to try and keep up with Oregon (Nike), so get used to it for Maryland.

I'm guessing WVU liked the look of their Backyard Brawl uniforms from '10 and decided to go all in? The grey pants and helmets would look pretty good with the blue jerseys.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:49 AM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

totally ridiculous.
These unis aren't for you and me, they are for recruits. That being said I don't mind them, most of them anyways.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
All the trim and numbers where in blue/gold for WVU and and same for red/black on the Maryland uniforms. Good/Bad/Indifferent, Maryland (Under Armor) is going to try and keep up with Oregon (Nike), so get used to it for Maryland.

I'm guessing WVU liked the look of their Backyard Brawl uniforms from '10 and decided to go all in? The grey pants and helmets would look pretty good with the blue jerseys.
the numbers had a thin red trim line on them visable only up close. there was a tiny little "maryland" above the numbers too. big *** deal. when they showed the teams lined up for a snap, none of that trim on either side was evident. the maryland helmets from the play camera looked bare white.

i thought that the atlanta thrashers red sweaters at their home rink called "blue land" was stupid. this was off the charts.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:41 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
These unis aren't for you and me, they are for recruits. That being said I don't mind them, most of them anyways.
i dont mind that maryland changes their uniforms every season because underarmour gives them a pile of money to do that. up to now as someone that only gets to see a maryland football game on tv once or twice a season, i can always recognize which team on the field is maryland.

there was nothing about that uni yesterday that identified the team from the stands or from the play camera is the university of maryland.

but in the case the only colors evident that identified anything was in the stands on the mountaineer fans.

imagine turning on an alabama v tennessee football game to see a sea of red in the stadium and an all white team with no visable helmet markings v a team wearing a dull rust color. its silly.

Old
09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

If you're flipping to a channel with Maryland on, you either are bright enough to know its them or you can't find your lumberjack sports on ESPN2

Old
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...wprss=rss_food

Quote:
Together, manager Buck Showalter and GM Dan Duquette have transformed the Baltimore Orioles into a contender in the American League East, ending a long, long, long 14-year run of losing seasons in the process.

Though he doesn’t get anywhere near as much press, Josh Distenfeld, 43, has made similarly dramatic changes at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in the two years since Delaware North Companies Sportservice took over the concessions operations at the park and installed the Long Island native as executive chef.

How dramatic?

Distenfeld says that for Camden’s 20th anniversary season, he and DNC have turned the park into something of a locavore’s playground. The sausages, including the Natty Boh brat, are now produced by Roma Gourmet, a Baltimore institution for more than a half century. The seafood — mostly the 35,000-pounds-plus of jumbo-lump crab per season — comes from J.J. McDonnell in Jessup (although the chef won’t go so far as to say it’s all Chesapeake blue crab). Even the freshly ground beef for two of the major restaurants at the park is sourced from a local company, Fells Point Wholesale Meats.
And the uniforms for Maryland are beyond awful. I don't know why an 18 or 19 year old kid would like that. Don't they have fashion sense?

Old
09-26-2012, 09:51 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

A little late but congrats on making the post season Nats fans.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Werth trolling the Philly crowd is hilarious... at least since he backed it up with some insurance runs.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

John Wall out 8 weeks. Sucks for the Wiz

Old
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Ok, that was hilarious.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Something magic happens!

Old
09-30-2012, 02:06 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

O's don't have a qualifying .300 hitter or a 13 game winner. It's like, they're not good, but somehow they are.

Seems to be all their bullpen. I've never seen a team win that way before.

09-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
O's don't have a qualifying .300 hitter or a 13 game winner. It's like, they're not good, but somehow they are.

Oakland has a 13-game winner but otherwise they're somewhat similar. Good overall depth, decent SP, a very reliable bullpen and pretty clutch power bats has been the recipe. Markakis was headed toward .300 but their power bats help make up for not consistently getting on base. As far as starters, only Chen has been in the rotation all year (but he's seemingly hit a wall and may not be worthy of starting in the post-season).

Duquette deserves a lot of credit for his staff finding Miguel Gonzalez, adding McLouth, getting Saunders late, calling up Machado, etc.

I don't know if I like their chances going forward given the lack of a real dominant starter or the OBP shortcomings but they're peaking at the right time. They've gotten way better defensively since calling up Machado and have depth to the point where there will be some tough playoff roster decisions to make (if, if) concerning the bullpen and possibly Markakis/Hammel.

Old
09-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Chris Davis could hit the moon with some of his shots. Geez.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post

A lot of this is misleading. They've got a few guys who don't hit that consistently, but get hot.

Pitching, it's more about the collective group pulling together, and getting it to the 'pen more so than any dominant starters. Though, Tillman and Hammel probably could have hit the 13 win mark.

Old
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog

Just so cool and hard to believe I had to break my boycott of this site to share this with you guys.

Fabulous.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Capitlols

Proud of the O's, but take the division.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:36 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Proud of the O's, but take the division.
This.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:37 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

O's plane had a fire on board and had to make an emergency landing

Old
10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Old
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

You know it's a good season when Orioles' magic gets posted twice on the same page.

LET'S GO O'S!

Old
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
LetsGoBears

I'm a Nats fan, but that is awesome to see again!

Closed Thread