HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hang man is coming

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 03:31 AM
boots electric

vCash: 500
Anyone else dive into Day Z yet? I picked it up a little more than a month ago and have been having an absolute blast -- one of the most unique and rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had. The recent influx of players has been a mixed blessing though. There's a lot more populated servers to play on, but there's been a noticeable increase in cheaters :| Just lost a decked-out player I sank about 20 hours into after getting teleported across the map and instantly murdered.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Anyone else dive into Day Z yet? I picked it up a little more than a month ago and have been having an absolute blast -- one of the most unique and rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had. The recent influx of players has been a mixed blessing though. There's a lot more populated servers to play on, but there's been a noticeable increase in cheaters :| Just lost a decked-out player I sank about 20 hours into after getting teleported across the map and instantly murdered.
Haven't played an online game in over 5 years; last time I did that, my marks plummetted . I am waiting for my Kingdom Hearts game to arrive in the mail though.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

[QUOTE=Myllz;53181151]Except The Hobbit and LotR are completely different premises. The Hobbit is about Bilbo's adventure(s). LotR is about a conflict that involves the entire world and sparks wars. LotR was also written as 3 books for a reason, it had a lot of detail and information to cover. The Hobbit just doesn't have or need that. There's just zero need to split the story into 3 movies.[/QUOTE]

I did not think it was necessary to make it into 2 movies let alone 3, so I'm wondering what it is exactly I'll be watching for two of those movies. Will the secind movie end with the huge fight like in the book? Or will that fight not occur until the third movie? How much of Golem's journey into the Misty Mountains will they get into? Will they flash back to before Smaug got his torch on and then show how he messed up Thorin's homeland? Also, Bard is a very interesting character that could have his past tappped into a bit more. Then there is of course Radagast, and a lot of shady stuff that Gandolf was into that was barely explained.

I'm not worried, I'm excited. There is just NO WAY they are going to try to crap on Tolkein and belittle their own legacy (the LOTR trilogy) in the process. These movies are going to be GOOD. Real good. And just like the end of Fellowship I suspect I'll be wanting to see more.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post

I cannot stop watching this.
Is that Kim Jong Un?

Old
08-02-2012, 06:41 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Interview was....strange. There was basically no real reason for me to be there and I'm not exactly sure what they need another tech for, to be honest. They didn't ask me any questions. I got a tour of the building, and then they chit-chatted more or less for 90 minutes.

I'm much more excited about the college phone interview today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Almost done my research paper. I never want to be a research psychologist and have to write papers like these all the time...
I felt the same way when I was in college, but in a sick way, I miss it.

Old
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
UB Orientation today and tomorrow....Can't believe I have to stay in a dorm there when I live 5 minutes away

Old
08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
Interview was....strange. There was basically no real reason for me to be there and I'm not exactly sure what they need another tech for, to be honest. They didn't ask me any questions. I got a tour of the building, and then they chit-chatted more or less for 90 minutes.
Some interviews go that way. They might have been more interested in your personality, how you might fit in, work place chemistry, etc.

Seems somewhat implausible. But, interviewing to get into school for my masters, I got asked if I owned any guns and what type, what kind of car I drove, and what my favorite book was.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
UB Orientation today and tomorrow....Can't believe I have to stay in a dorm there when I live 5 minutes away
You'll be glad you dormed, seriously. It's an entirely different experience.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:14 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Some interviews go that way. They might have been more interested in your personality, how you might fit in, work place chemistry, etc.

Seems somewhat implausible. But, interviewing to get into school for my masters, I got asked if I owned any guns and what type, what kind of car I drove, and what my favorite book was.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, since I had 2 long phone interviews with them beforehand, but it was still really weird. And the more I think about it, the more irritated I am with it.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
That's kind of what I'm thinking, since I had 2 long phone interviews with them beforehand, but it was still really weird. And the more I think about it, the more irritated I am with it.
Sounds like they want you for the job and it was a getting-to-know-you. Stop being irrated for a moment and consider you may have already impressed them enough to get the job.

08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Sounds like they want you for the job and it was a getting-to-know-you. Stop being irrated for a moment and consider you may have already impressed them enough to get the job.
I considered that as well. Just trying to prepare for the phone interview today and take it hour by hour.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Living on campus was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:53 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Living on campus was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.
Living on campus sucked ass. I was so happy to move off campus. Nothing quite like being billed $125 at the end of the year because the idiots in my building enjoyed smearing garbage on the walls and pissing in the hallways and elevators.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Living on campus sucked ass. I was so happy to move off campus. Nothing quite like being billed $125 at the end of the year because the idiots in my building enjoyed smearing garbage on the walls and pissing in the hallways and elevators.
Huh - to me it was like a party every night. A perfect time to smear garbage on walls and piss in hallways and elevators.

We didn't have elevators.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Huh - to me it was like a party every night. A perfect time to smear garbage on walls and piss in hallways and elevators.

We didn't have elevators.
I'm trying to decide what my favorite part of dorm life was. It might have been when a group of people decided to get totally sloshed during finals week and storm down the hall and slam doors at 2 in the morning.

Or maybe that time that the idiot next door intentionally burned popcorn at 1:15 in the morning during finals week [different schools!] to cover up the smell of his pot.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
I'm trying to decide what my favorite part of dorm life was. It might have been when a group of people decided to get totally sloshed during finals week and storm down the hall and slam doors at 2 in the morning.

Or maybe that time that the idiot next door intentionally burned popcorn at 1:15 in the morning during finals week [different schools!] to cover up the smell of his pot.
Smell of burned popcorn >>>>> smell of cheap pot.

I was an RA for a year in the freshman athletes dorm. I have some amazing stories...

Old
08-02-2012, 09:12 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Smell of burned popcorn >>>>> smell of cheap pot.

I was an RA for a year in the freshman athletes dorm. I have some amazing stories...
Sound of fire alarm in the middle of the night

I can only imagine the stories.

Oh yeah, and our freshman year, the college decided to hire guys to do construction on the dorms. They started at 6:30 in the morning. The week before exams. What a freaking joke.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Sound of fire alarm in the middle of the night

I can only imagine the stories.

Oh yeah, and our freshman year, the college decided to hire guys to do construction on the dorms. They started at 6:30 in the morning. The week before exams. What a freaking joke.
Yeah, you didn't have a good dorm experience, eh?

Being a social little creature, I found the positives of being around friends all.the.time outweighed all the crap the comes with living with some ******.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:20 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Yeah, you didn't have a good dorm experience, eh?

Being a social little creature, I found the positives of being around friends all.the.time outweighed all the crap the comes with living with some ******.
1 year in MA and 1.5 years at Fredonia was all I could take. And my year in MA was when the Patriots won that first Super Bowl, so that sucked too.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
1 year in MA and 1.5 years at Fredonia was all I could take. And my year in MA was when the Patriots won that first Super Bowl, so that sucked too.
Clock spent two years in Fredonia. He was probably the guy who pissed in your hallway.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Clock spent two years in Fredonia. He was probably the guy who pissed in your hallway.
The pissing was in MA. What years was he there?

Old
08-02-2012, 09:31 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Younger brother randomly tells me that he was talking to his manager about a senior network admin position at his company, and telling them they should hire me.

Apparently it was more than just talk. Time to update my resume that I haven't touched in almost 8 years.....

Old
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Younger brother randomly tells me that he was talking to his manager about a senior network admin position at his company, and telling them they should hire me.

Apparently it was more than just talk. Time to update my resume that I haven't touched in almost 8 years.....
nice. good luck!

Old
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Thanks. I guess it's a good problem to have. I either continue here where I make a decent buck, or get a massive raise (probably 40%), stock options, way better bennies, etc. Plus I can feel it out to make sure it's a good fit and such.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Had a flat tire on my way to work today. First time even though I bike commuted all summer and most of the fall last year and every day since 3/1 this year.

Feels good to fix something and get to use the utility immediately.

Closed Thread