HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hang man is coming

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
I just mapped out my lunch run. Ugh. Not as far as I wanted and not as fast as I wanted. I was working on modulating my stride and apparently I shuffled my way through this one. Eh. At least I did one I suppose.

08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
There was a blog post that had a picture of a lot of SNES 8-Bit NHL fans. I cropped it down to the Sabres fan.
I love those little guys. It's awesome how the only "grizzly" looking guys are the Sabres and Flyers fans... Pretty fitting IMO.

I also like the Colorado and Quebec dudes... Very cool. Thanks for sharing

Old
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I love those little guys. It's awesome how the only "grizzly" looking guys are the Sabres and Flyers fans... Pretty fitting IMO.

I also like the Colorado and Quebec dudes... Very cool. Thanks for sharing
No problem. Google Reader has an OK search capability so it was easy.

Most of the retro ones along the bottom are sweet. Even the old Vancouver V guy.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:25 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Just remember, your mother-in-law is not your wife. Different situation, but I've had conversations with my in-laws where they've been out to lunch about how things actually are for my wife -- passionately so, but still farth afield from her position on things.

You may also want to set down some ground rules for the immediate family. In-laws interfering with basic communication with your own children is not cool, regardless of the situation.
My mother-in-law and I have a "history".

There was a time that she was freaking out on me for practically nothing that we had an agreement that once she started yelling at me that I had the right to leave their house immediately.

It's been a while since that rule was needed, but it may be returning soon!

Old
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
No problem. Google Reader has an OK search capability so it was easy.

Most of the retro ones along the bottom are sweet. Even the old Vancouver V guy.
This ones pretty cool too

Old
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

@Jim Bob: I wish your kid(s) well, I was about 16 when my mom cheated on my step-dad and it was the toughest time of my life. I think it took about 2 years for everything to get back to "normal".

Oddly enough, everybody ended up happier, we all get a long just fine, and my mom actually came out of that situation a much better person. She went from being a miserable, angry woman to being as caring and loving as a mother ever could be. Her new husband is a really nice guy, my original step father (whom I lived with during/after the divorce) is happy and successful.

Obviously, I have no experience with being on your end of this ordeal. For reasons like this, I am strongly opposed to getting married and having a family.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

That's an actual picture of Nate.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's an actual picture of Nate.
I thought it was! Not sure though.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

I'm surprised it's more than one pixel.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I'm surprised it's more than one pixel.
He's a little rotund, maybe it's really Torres

Old
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
He's a little rotund, maybe it's really Torres
I think I need to adjust the horizontal hold on my monitor. Lines keep flickering past.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
@Jim Bob: I wish your kid(s) well, I was about 16 when my mom cheated on my step-dad and it was the toughest time of my life. I think it took about 2 years for everything to get back to "normal".

Oddly enough, everybody ended up happier, we all get a long just fine, and my mom actually came out of that situation a much better person. She went from being a miserable, angry woman to being as caring and loving as a mother ever could be. Her new husband is a really nice guy, my original step father (whom I lived with during/after the divorce) is happy and successful.

Obviously, I have no experience with being on your end of this ordeal. For reasons like this, I am strongly opposed to getting married and having a family.
My #1 reason for trying to work things out are my kids.

I want to save them from as much drama as possible. My parents got divorced when I was 2yo. My mom said cheating wasn't an issue. But, I repressed every memory of the time when my parents were together and literally felt like I was waking up from a dream one morning when I was about 2yo and it was just my mom and I.

The drama between my mom & my step-mom was just so horrible. And I don't want my kids to go through anything like that.

I also hope that my wife's unhappiness before and my sadness now aren't affecting them.

But on the bright side, I haven't yelled at any of them since Sunday afternoon!

Old
08-16-2012, 03:03 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Just thought of something. We were supposed to go on a couple of trips that involve my in-laws in the next month.

I wonder how that will be affected given today's convo with my mother-in-law.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:08 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

NO HOCKEY IN ZE OT THREAD!

MM is failing as thread owner...I come in here and see conversations about NHL players?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:08 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

I want to save them from as much drama as possible. My parents got divorced when I was 2yo. My mom said cheating wasn't an issue. But, I repressed every memory of the time when my parents were together and literally felt like I was waking up from a dream one morning when I was about 2yo and it was just my mom and I.

The drama between my mom & my step-mom was just so horrible. And I don't want my kids to go through anything like that.

I also hope that my wife's unhappiness before and my sadness now aren't affecting them.

Ugh, you just reminded me of this. My mother and my step-father's new GF got into this huge "she said she said" thing where they were accusing each other of saying hurtful stuff and then denying it.

It got even worse when I started dating my dad's girlfriend's daughter. I basically told my mother at one point I never wanted to talk to her again. Thankfully, we got over that and I had my fun.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Ugh, you just reminded me of this. My mother and my step-father's new GF got into this huge "she said she said" thing where they were accusing each other of saying hurtful stuff and then denying it.

It got even worse when I started dating my dad's girlfriend's daughter. I basically told my mother at one point I never wanted to talk to her again. Thankfully, we got over that and I had my fun.
My favorite one was the time that my dad & step-mom came to pick me up for a visitation weekend. My mom wanted my dad to come in the house alone to talk about when & where they would drop me off on Sunday.

My step-mom didn't want my dad going in alone and starts yelling at my mom. My mom closes the front door and my step-mom starts beating on it. My mom calls the cops on her. After my mom yelled that she called the cops, my step-mom goes and sits in the car and tries to act like nothing happened.

And today, my step-mom will swear that she was in the car the whole time and that my mom called the cops for no reason. The first time she said that, my dad and I both looked at each other with a "did she just say that????" looks on our faces.

When we were alone we both checked our memories of that day and they matched up. We just shake our heads when my step-mom repeats her warped memory of that day.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

You dated your possible future step-sister?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:20 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

NO HOCKEY IN ZE OT THREAD!

MM is failing as thread owner...I come in here and see conversations about NHL players?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:23 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
.......Yes

The funniest part? When my step-dad found out we hooked up over a weekend camping trip, he was more excited than I was. He actually told his employees (his girlfriend and I both worked there). Apparently they were all talking about how hot she was and were passing around a picture of her. Talk about awkward. Especially because she heard about it.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

A lot here to catch up, but you know I am up to the task...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
This is my last week at this job. Start at the new place Monday.
I'm getting taken out for lunch by my team on Wednesday.
We're doing a team builder at a winery Thursday.
I say my goodbyes and leave early Friday.

The week is getting better.
Missed any earlier notice on this... New company? or Same company, new location?

Quote:
I actually have a friend in this "sort of business". She makes $800-$1,000 a week before taxes for 10-15 hours of "Work". The kicker? The company that she works through takes 65% of the money she pulls in.

They have dozens of girls who work for them. They run a website and advertise online, that's it.
I'll do it for 50%, so she & the other girls get an additional 15%. I'll split the 50% e-pimping fee with vcv if he develops us a new website.

Quote:
Normal. It's two weeks of vacation where the company states one can not have any contact with the company. No remoting in, no calls, no cell phone/BB/mobile device contact. ...
For the first time in months, maybe a year, I had 3 days of that a couple weeks ago, and two of those days were Sat & Sun. It was heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Wow, that's really nice. Every time I take a vacation I inevitably log into something, unless I'm off in the woods sans technology. (Or in Canada paying stupid rates for international data...) In years past my boss has threatened to change my VPN and email passwords to prevent me from doing it. :p
Where I work, the opposite is encouraged.

Quote:
A twelve hour day at my easy going, stress free job. I've basically lucked into a woman that every man dreams of (well, every young man), I'm on the precipice of buying my dream car. An older woman (shes 4 years my elder) that I had a crush on since I was 14 volunteered to drive me to Philadelphia to pick up said car (we almost never talk except at weddings, she's basically told me "I want to sleep with you") and all I have to do is pay for gas. I live in a nice apartment with two fine young women, and have an awesome family.

Also, once I walk out of here at 9pm tonight, I get to sleep in tomorrow (work at 1pm) and have Wednesday off. And finally, I've reached top diamond status in Starcraft 2 (my only real hobby) and have gotten to the point where I've getting matched up against people who play the game full time for a living, and I win. I play an average of 3-4 games a night (Pros average 20-40 a day)

So yeah, can't complain.
So I guess you're the guy being cast to play Christian Gray in the upcoming 1st movie in the series?

Quote:
So, my worst nightmare has happened. The shower at my new apartment has barely any water pressure. Any ideas on how I can fix this with 0 plumbing experience or tools?
Go upstairs to the attractive neighbor living above you wearing a towel and carrying a bar of soap. Considering your openly-shared-with-us luck and escapades, I'm surprised you haven't already done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Holy crap, new episodes of "Intervention" started yesterday. The theme and everything is different!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Acne and the desire to fap twelve times a day?
There's that confusion again between correlation and causation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Another day like today and I'm going to start polishing the resume.
Never heard that euphamism for it, but, per the above post, you won't get acne from doing it. If you can keep it under a few times a day, you also won't be embarrassed on a national TV show either. If you'd rather meet a woman, PM HockeyH3aven. He keeps a few extra women in his front Audi seat, his back Audi seat**, the local parks, and sometimes in his shower (especially nice if you like low water pressure). **lube is in the passenger-side map pocket

Quote:
So, things progressed from the late night beach stop (which was beautiful) to my car in a nearby park.

At some point, she beeped my horn with her foot, and about 2 minutes later we had three cop cars pulled up being us. Thankfully she's a ****ing ninja and was fully dressed by the time they walked to my window.

We just got a "use more discretion and find a different place, I was young once" talk for about 5 minutes, but another officer asked her who her dad was and she told them. Apparently everybody knows her biological father (she calls him "Black dad") and now she's freaking out about her dad finding out.

I thought once I graduated high school I was over this crap.
???? If it's O.J.'s daughter, I think you're the one who should be freaking out.

Quote:
Wouldn't load for me. Makes me think a couple hundred times about posting personal **** here, beyond my usual privacy paranoia. Speaking of which.
Quote:
Meh

I had some heavy stuff dropped on me yesterday that has had a negative effect on me. A co-worker noticed as soon as I walked in today.
Late to the anti-party, but hang in there, Jim Bob.

Quote:
Just had an Ef Yeah! moment.

Apparently the guy that my wife cheated on me with is upset because I notified his wife as he never intended to ruin his marriage.

Misery loves company.

I can see the "logic" where the other guy thought the cheating wouldn't be caught. But no freaking way can I understand how someone would believe that once they were caught, the 4th party innocent spouse wouldn't find out. Seriously?? Really??

Quote:
(re: Jim Bob's sitch, and HH's childhood)

Possible responses:
A. Given your escapades posted here, I think the latter's a greater possibility than the former.
B. Since this board is archived, if some woman pressures you into marriage, have her join these boards, and we'll PM her links to all your posts.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

@brian_griffin: "Trust me hun, you don't want to marry me. I got references, the bad kind"

Old
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Late to the anti-party, but hang in there, Jim Bob.
Thanks.

It's been an emotional roller coaster, especially today. Right now I'm riding pretty high given the situation.

One day at a time. Hell, One hour or minute at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I can see the "logic" where the other guy thought the cheating wouldn't be caught. But no freaking way can I understand how someone would believe that once they were caught, the 4th party innocent spouse wouldn't find out. Seriously?? Really??
This is a really tough one for me.

The other couple is on vacation and I have no idea if she is checking FB to get my message or not. Her husband is tech savvy and he may have deleted it already.

I'm really torn about how hard to work to let her know what is up. My wife still cares for the guy and doesn't want him hurt anymore and doesn't want his marriage ruined.

But, I so relate to the position that his wife is in right now where she is being lied to and I feel an obligation to make sure she knows the truth.

This is a really rock and a hard place situation for me. My mom basically told me to not go there. But, I feel that is taking the selfish route as opposed to the morally correct route.

I am so torn......

Old
08-16-2012, 03:54 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:

Jim Bob, my understanding is most people have no memories of their life before somewhere between age 3 and 5, so I think that's actually normal. Personally, I have very few memories of my childhood.

Quote:
Just thought of something. We were supposed to go on a couple of trips that involve my in-laws in the next month.

I wonder how that will be affected given today's convo with my mother-in-law.
Make it fun. Change the hotel reservations to one room only, with matching queen beds.

Quote:
Quote:
.......Yes

The funniest part? When my step-dad found out we hooked up over a weekend camping trip, he was more excited than I was. He actually told his employees (his girlfriend and I both worked there). Apparently they were all talking about how hot she was and were passing around a picture of her. Talk about awkward. Especially because she heard about it.
See my final comment in my previous post...

Old
08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

B_G - - - how are things with you and the lady who wants more than you want doing?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
B_G - - - how are things with you and the lady who wants more than you want doing?
This made me

Closed Thread