HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Best Late Round Gems of the NHL Entry Draft 03-07

Old
07-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There's no way that Subban is below McDo, then, if we're ranking young D lower because of 'short term basis' or whatever that's supposed to mean. He is indeed lower ranked on this list that he should be, but it's an HF popularity contest, can't expect much more than that.
Still, the point of bringing up the list was to show that not only a few people around these part think highly of Streit. I'm not going to argue about McDonaugh's place on the list. Sure, it's a popularity contest, but then again, people didn't just vote for a pretty face, did they? And usually, with the number of Habs' fans around, you'd think Habs' players would actually have a pretty big advantage in a popularity contest, no? But regardless, I maintain my position: Streit is one of the best at his position league-wide. Top-30 for sure. And we got him in the 9th round.

Anymore nitpicking?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:30 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Also from urban dictionary...

Habs:

Derogetory term for a hockey team.
Used to imply a homosexual prescence in the teams locker room.

Lang + prospect for a second was a good trade for us at the time.
No. It's a short-sighted change that mortgages the future for one season of an aging player.

It's absolute horrible asset management and the team should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Bob Lemoche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Subban still needs to solidify his reputation at this point. Fair ranking IMO.

As much as I love him, based on last season and on a short term basis, he's where he belongs imo
36 points, +9 on a last place team, TOI/G amongst the highest in the league AND his ice time was spent with very close to the best quality of opposition in the league.

Aside from an ordinary start in which he tried to compensate by himself for the losses of a few veteran defensemen (and Markov), he was stellar defensively.

PK is a very gifted defenseman offensively but what impresses me more about him is his intensity and how he plays without the puck... I don't get how so many Habs fans can't even see that.

Bob Lemoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemoche View Post
36 points, +9 on a last place team, TOI/G amongst the highest in the league AND his ice time was spent with very close to the best quality of opposition in the league.

Aside from an ordinary start in which he tried to compensate by himself for the losses of a few veteran defensemen (and Markov), he was stellar defensively.

PK is a very gifted defenseman offensively but what impresses me more about him is his intensity and how he plays without the puck... I don't get how so many Habs fans can't even see that.
Its not like hes behind slouches either, so whats the big deal?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote