HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offer Sheet Matched. Weber signed to Nashville for 14 years

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Offer Sheet Matched. Weber signed to Nashville for 14 years

Continue Here

EDIT: I just wanted to say that outside fans are welcome. However, any efforts of trolling, flaming, or any other violation of the site rules in here will be met with a forum ban from the Predators forum. Not just a one or two week ban, but you will not be allowed back for such a long time that you likely forget this forum even exists. This is not the time or the place to act any way other than respectful towards Predators fans. Basically, if your post has to be deleted you should expect more to follow.

Preds fans, if you see someone in here violating the rules please do not return the fire. Help us out by reporting it.

If everyone is here for the reasons they should be here (mainly, to have a decent conversation) everything should be fine.

Thanks

Last edited by TMI: 07-23-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added warning from previous thread
Old
07-21-2012, 09:49 AM
MSSLYNX

2 polls this morning (TSN and SLAM) show fans believe Nsh will not match the offer at 63%.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:53 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'm focusing my hate on Suter for all of this. I have no doubt that if Suter would've stayed, we wouldn't be in this situation. **** Suter.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:54 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSLYNX View Post
2 polls this morning (TSN and SLAM) show fans believe Nsh will not match the offer at 63%.
What's your point? I don't think we will either. It will hurt our franchise no matter which choice they make. Philly ****ed us hard without lube.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:59 AM
MSSLYNX

No point. Just passing along what neutral fans think. Points have all been made the last few days. Just waiting to see who is coming back to Nsh.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:59 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

But Poile still has nightmares of the Scott Stevens situation. Hopefully Poile goes all in. Atleast us fans will be supportive of it. Not matching will set this franchise back in more ways than just the league standings.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Psuhockey

Flyers fan here in peace. I think the best way to resolve this would be the Schenn brothers for Weber. Nashville can save face and would have something to sell to the fans. I also think Nashville would be able to keep the Schenns long term like Carolina with the Staals. If the flyers can sign Doan today, I can see them more willing to make such a deal.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Flyers fan here in peace. I think the best way to resolve this would be the Schenn brothers for Weber. Nashville can save face and would have something to sell to the fans. I also think Nashville would be able to keep the Schenns long term like Carolina with the Staals. If the flyers can sign Doan today, I can see them more willing to make such a deal.
I think under the CBA it's too late for that.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Hammer8
Blow it up

Quote:
Why should the Flyers offer anything? Nashville matches or he's going to the Flyers. Simple. If the pockets are deep in Nashville they'll match.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:50 AM
wingnutjeff

Quote:
Can't be done once Weber signed the offer sheet, unless the Flyers out of the goodness of their hearts decided to trade the Schenn's back for a couple of those draft picks. And I've been to Philly sporting events, and goodness of their hearts is not an option.

Personally, I think Nashville matches the offer as tough as it will be to do so.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Koto

This sucks so much for NSH.

If I'm ownership I see a lose-lose situation between losing weber for 4 1sts (garbage) and paying 27M for the right to trade what would be an absolute steal of a contract (83/13 in on year) for a better, but still not great package in a year.

What do i do?

Tell Weber to get comfy. Any harm you do to my franchise as an unhappy player over the next 14 years will be less than the damage done by letting you go.

So you can either press self-destruct on your career, or you can play here and help push the team in the right direction.

I will not be the only loser.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
I think under the CBA it's too late for that.
Sorry should of been more specific. Nashville can promise not match and return the 1st round picks (maybe keep one) for the Schenn brothers. I don't think this offer sheet was made to cripple the Preds, since Holmgren and Poile had a strong relationship before. I see this OS as a way for the Flyers to have exclusive trading rights with Nashville and to lower Poile's demands. If Poile wanted Schenn and Couturier +, that was a little steep and not too realistic even for the best dman in the league. Holmgren has a reputation for being fair around the league according to Elliote Friedman, so I think one of them was probably on the board, mostly likely Schenn. And your not moving Brayden without Luke at this point. At this point, a think giving the Schenn brothers to Nashville for the picks back and a promise not match is best for everybody.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
This sucks so much for NSH.

If I'm ownership I see a lose-lose situation between losing weber for 4 1sts (garbage) and paying 27M for the right to trade what would be an absolute steal of a contract (83/13 in on year) for a better, but still not great package in a year.

What do i do?

Tell Weber to get comfy. Any harm you do to my franchise as an unhappy player over the next 14 years will be less than the damage done by letting you go.

So you can either press self-destruct on your career, or you can play here and help push the team in the right direction.

I will not be the only loser.
How does he self-destruct his career. He just signed a lifetime contract. He isn't playing for that 41 y.o. contract.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Flyers fan here and I to come in peace. But I am calling out my Flyers bro. You do realize that it is to late for that? Plus the Schenns plus Couts are off the market! Sorry I will take off now but Psuhockey you need to get your facts straight. Come over to the Flyers site a say that crap.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Hammer8
Blow it up

Quote:
Sorry should of been more specific. Nashville can promise not match and return the 1st round picks (maybe keep one) for the Schenn brothers. I don't think this offer sheet was made to cripple the Preds, since Holmgren and Poile had a strong relationship before. I see this OS as a way for the Flyers to have exclusive trading rights with Nashville and to lower Poile's demands. If Poile wanted Schenn and Couturier +, that was a little steep and not too realistic even for the best dman in the league. Holmgren has a reputation for being fair around the league according to Elliote Friedman, so I think one of them was probably on the board, mostly likely Schenn. And your not moving Brayden without Luke at this point. At this point, a think giving the Schenn brothers to Nashville for the picks back and a promise not match is best for everybody.
These guys are competitors. Flyer ownership will stop at nothing to win a cup. It's not about being fair. It's about winning, it's why the Flyers compete every year. Nashville matches or they get 4 picks that's it. Holmgren at this point doesn't give anything up now, that time passed.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:08 AM
PFL615

The philly fans are amusing coming into the Predators boards in peace to post charts on are revenue, polls from fans, and tell us Weber is not worth the money.
None of you live in Nashville or have a clue what we are or are not cable of. Nashville does not care what the canadian and North East media thinks because they clearly are not always correct. Latest example Karlsson winning Norris over Weber, A COMPLETE ****ing JOKE!

Nashville is riding this exposure as much as it can. It's nice seeing Nashville get some pub and it is going to be nice when Nashville matches, signs another forward piece, and watches its young talent grow all while the over hyped flyers get bounced in the playoffs like an orange basketball. This post season must of hurt bad for flyers fans.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 07-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old
07-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
How does he self-destruct his career. He just signed a lifetime contract. He isn't playing for that 41 y.o. contract.
if he tries to force a trade through bad play/behavior.

any harm he does to the team, will affect him.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
The philly fans are amusing coming into the Predators boards in peace to post charts on are revenue, polls from fans, and tell us Weber is not worth the money.
None of you live in Nashville or have a clue what we are or are not cable of. Nashville does not care what the canadian and North East media thinks because they clearly are not always correct. Latest example Karlsson winning Norris over Weber, A COMPLETE FUKN JOKE!

Nashville is riding this exposure as much as it can. It's nice seeing Nashville get some pub and it is going to be nice when Nashville matches, signs another forward piece, and watches its young talent grow all while the over hyped flyers get bounced in the playoffs like an orange basketball. This post season must of hurt bad for flyers fans.
I'm going to be very interest to see what the Preds do next offseason if they do match.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
if he tries to force a trade through bad play/behavior.

any harm he does to the team, will affect him.
How? He gets paid regardless.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:24 AM
PFL615

Quote:
I'm going to be very interest to see what the Preds do next offseason if they do match.
Whatever happens we will have the two of the top 10 players in the NHL playing for the Nashville Predators. I like are chances especially if we get a legit top 6 center or wing.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Hammer8
Blow it up

Quote:
...Karlsson winning Norris over Weber, A COMPLETE FUKN JOKE!
I totally agree.

The reality is if the Preds have the cash they match, if the owners don't have $24 million sitting around doing nothing, they don't. It's a lot of money.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
PFL615

Quote:
How? He gets paid regardless.
It's nice that Weber is a high character guy and professional. I wouldnt suggest that type of attitude above having anything to do with professional sports.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Soundgarden

So has there been any news on this recently?

Old
07-21-2012, 11:54 AM
MSSLYNX

None. But fans coming to this forum to discuss THE main hockey subject of the summer are more or less welcomed by some of the real Nsh fans getting tired of discussing the outcome.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Whatever happens we will have the two of the top 10 players in the NHL playing for the Nashville Predators. I like are chances especially if we get a legit top 6 center or wing.
Those guys cost money. I think Nashville should thank Philly. They have exposed them for what they will become in the next 6 years. They will either be a small market, cap floor team if they don't match. Or they will be a top 10 spending team if they do.

Closed Thread