HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Olympics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 02:22 PM
  #126
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 33,475
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I've got dates with Alex Morgan, Kate Upton, Carmella Decesare, Gemma Atkinson, Erin Andrews, and Jessica Biel lined up.
Nuh-uh, I called dibs first!

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
  #127
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
The calls that went against Canada went beyond being "bad" they were completely incomprehensible.

I wish Canada had won the game...and the loss does sting a bit - but at the same time we made stupid mistakes and failed to convert some really good chances - and given that the US is the stronger team we couldn't afford to do that.

In any event, what's done is done...and I hope that the US wins the gold medal match. Despite the cardiac moments that Canada managed to cause the US team, I think it's the best team in the competition.
Exactly. There was crap within the game that went on.. like Wambach(sp?) being tackled a few times and Sinclair being spiked.. but that 6-second violation ******** and then the handball (which is a discretoinary call, btw) was utter crap. The American's had a hand ball at the other end when it was 2-1, I believe, that, of course, went unnoticed by the official.

Like I said.. the Americans are the better team. They moved the ball more efficiently and had players that stood out more.. but that game was Canada's until the official decided to hand a goal over to the American's on a silver platter.

In the end, I don't follow soccer at all and it's not really a "sour grapes" thing as much as it is having lost a game that was (in part) decided by the awful officiating. I wasn't expecting the Canadian girls to win.. but to have the game end as it did, given what went on and what lead to the tying goal, it's ********.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
  #128
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...2381--oly.html

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 07:21 PM
  #129
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,038
vCash: 500
I'm not seeing a "stomp", I'm seeing a picture of what looks like Tancredi's foot on/around the American players head. Is there a video of the incident? Seems like American's trying to defuse the controversy by implanting one of their own.. I find it hard to believe that Fifa wouldn't say anything/pursue punishment if it was clear Tancredi "stomped" on an American players head.

EDIT: Saw the gif.. she definately stepped on the American's head.. but you'd need to see a video with a bigger sample leading up to the incident.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
  #130
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,148
vCash: 500
all this incident did was make me aware of the fact that the ref has rules at his/her disposal to prevent time wasting but he/she never uses them. Another reason to hate soccer and it's antiquated "traditions".

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  #131
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 16,265
vCash: 500
Is there anyone I can see some video replays of this soccer game? I fricken missed it. They need to replay it.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
  #132
committedindian86
Flip The Switch
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
May - Walsh advance to an all USA gold medal match. Pretty cool that they retired, came back, and are going for gold.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:25 PM
  #133
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 26,361
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
May - Walsh advance to an all USA gold medal match. Pretty cool that they retired, came back, and are going for gold.
America is getting the gold and the silver? Take that China!

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
  #134
committedindian86
Flip The Switch
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
America is getting the gold and the silver? Take that China!
The Chinese will probably get water boarded by their Olympic Committee

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
  #135
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Wasted Years's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paschendale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 500
When the **** are gymnastics over with?

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:03 PM
  #136
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
When the **** are gymnastics over with?
The eternal question being asked by men in households all over our nation.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
  #137
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Wasted Years's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paschendale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 500
I want to see more of the Russian women's sand volleyball team That one blonde was smoking hot. I think she even played volleyball.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
  #138
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 26,361
vCash: 470
This floor exercise event is like the hot chicks event. I mean an Italian girl named Ferrari, come on.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:55 AM
  #139
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
brasil dominates soccer like USA dominates basketball. Fun to watch

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:49 AM
  #140
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm not seeing a "stomp", I'm seeing a picture of what looks like Tancredi's foot on/around the American players head. Is there a video of the incident? Seems like American's trying to defuse the controversy by implanting one of their own.. I find it hard to believe that Fifa wouldn't say anything/pursue punishment if it was clear Tancredi "stomped" on an American players head.

EDIT: Saw the gif.. she definately stepped on the American's head.. but you'd need to see a video with a bigger sample leading up to the incident.
What more sample do you need, there is never an excuse or reason to stomp on someones head.

So everyone crying about biased officiating can stop now, she should have been sent off which meant Canada would have been playing with 10 players for the last 35 min when the score was tied 1-1 and would have likely lost outright before extra time. Both teams benefited from bad calls and in the end it likely evened out as usually happens with bad officiating.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
  #141
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,455
vCash: 500
I am still livid at the refffing ERRORS and OMISSIONS of that Norwegian ref which probably cost Canada an upset win over the USA in Women's soccer...

True--even if the 6 second call on the Canadian goalie was very "chintzy" to call at such a crucial time in the game ,and even if the custom is to first warn a goalie for such tardiness and not to go directly to a free kick in the goal area before such warning-there is no Fifa rule stating that a warning must be given first--so on that IF the Norwegian ref WANTED to go directly to a fre kick on the infraction we may call it chintzy but it is at least at her discretion under Fifa rules.. WHERE SHE ERRED though was on a basic FIFA rule interpretation for the ensuing handbal infraction she called..FIFA rules clearly state it must be hand to ball NOT ball t hand--that is--there must be DELIBERATE motion of the hand going towards the ball -clearly there was NOT any such outward to the ball motion by the hand on the player called for it --she in fact had her hads pressed in to her chest on the unfortunate rebound off her teammate when the kicked fall first struck that teamate not on her hand but glancing off her upperarn-shoulder area... THUS the entire "handball" infraction was a SERIOUS GOOF by the ref and since it proved crucial in letting Wambaugh score on the ensuing penalty kick and tie the game late wiuth only a few minutes remaining --that GOOF could be said to probably havee cost Canada a win...

REFS in other sports have been turfed out of the games for simialar humungous goofs or bad reffing..YET FIFA has done nothing to this ref instead falling back on her discretionary viewpoint..but the point is she completely MIS -SAW a handball infraction that was in fact no infraction..BUT even if we allow for "human error" and just pure bad luck this incident went against Canada spoiling an otherwise splendid match --ther STILL were so many OTHER egregious and UNFAIR calks she missed and made FAVOURING the USA to an ehorbitant degree...

MISSING a handball earlier on USA...FAILING to red card a USA player on either a reckless or what looked like deliberate attempt to SPIKE Canada's star Christine Sinclair....or giving yellow cards to Canadaians for some too rough tackles but IGNORING USA roughhuse physical knockdown bullying tactics and holding aganist Canaian players...,I just think IT LOOKED like clear favoritism towards USa and againsat Canada on all these OTHER incidents ..I did not see a balanced reffing display at all ..

YES USA is the best team in the World and on other days may have converted more of its glorious scoring chances and with more goals put a big cushion victory over Canada instead of a close victory in OT ... BUT on a DAY where Canada put in one of its best competing games and had its star player producing ,CANADA could have won this game IF and only IF the ref had not made errors of omission and comission..

THAT ref was both incompetent and worse UNFAIR ....she sjould be banned by FIFA from ever influencing the outcome of a game and snatching the Olympic gold dream or perhaps some world Championship draem from some future candidate team that finds itself in the position of possibly upseeting the great American Women's Soccer team...The USA should win strictly on merit --NOT by any help of and incompetent and not fair and balanced referee...

This is not sour grapes but merely a call against INCOMPETENCE and UNFAIRNESS in reffing . In hockey we state it ALL THE TIME ...While you can not see some infraction and not call a penalty ,you must not do so to only 1 side --if it is lopsided on missed infractions to one side -THAT IS UNFAIR....OR while you may call a legit infraction at a crucial time i the game-that in itself is not ufair as long as you would call te same infraction against the other team during the game ...BUT what is clearly INCOMPETENCE is not knowing the application of the basic rules of the game or ASSUMING (not seeing) an infraction where there was no infraction ....IN a hockey game if a ref ASSUMES a player in the crease puts his hand on the puck because he did not see a mere sweeping motion and so calls a penalty shot-that would be gross
unfairness based not on what the ref saw but what he did not see -it would be either incompetence for calling infractions on assumption rather that what actually happened OR incompetence in not knowing the rules (there is no infractio if the hand of the non-goalie that covers the puck in the crease in a motion without stoppage sweps the puck away (merely putting a hand over the puck is not an infraction-it only is if there is a stoppage in motion with no attempt to sweep it right out of harm's way )... SIMILARLY here --- this was BALL TO HAND --not an infraction under FIFA rules and if the ref ASSUMED it was hand to ball (because she clearly did not see that there was no deliberate hand going out to meet ball ) -then ASSUMPTIVE reffing is INCOMPETENT or she did not know the rule --which is also iNCOMPETENT ... SHE sjould be banned for life for reffing INCOMPETENTLY ...and for UNFAIRNESS in her lopsided ignoring of USA infractions in the game but seemingly calling rough tackling and holding lpsidely against Canada and minimally against USA.


We expect INCOMPETENT reffing in the OLYMPICS--but usually in boxing or other reffed sports where the level of play is beyond the ability of refs from certain countries not used to big international matches and superior level of play to handle... We do not expect FIFA to send inexperienced or incompetent refs to its top matches at this level among its best teams ...

ALL anyone can ask is both fair and balanced reffing PLUS COMPETENCY ...HERE there was none of either.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:14 PM
  #142
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,099
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Tancredi is a Kovalenko level thug.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
  #143
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
I am still livid at the refffing ERRORS and OMISSIONS of that Norwegian ref which probably cost Canada an upset win over the USA in Women's soccer...

True--even if the 6 second call on the Canadian goalie was very "chintzy" to call at such a crucial time in the game ,and even if the custom is to first warn a goalie for such tardiness and not to go directly to a free kick in the goal area before such warning-there is no Fifa rule stating that a warning must be given first--so on that IF the Norwegian ref WANTED to go directly to a fre kick on the infraction we may call it chintzy but it is at least at her discretion under Fifa rules.. WHERE SHE ERRED though was on a basic FIFA rule interpretation for the ensuing handbal infraction she called..FIFA rules clearly state it must be hand to ball NOT ball t hand--that is--there must be DELIBERATE motion of the hand going towards the ball -clearly there was NOT any such outward to the ball motion by the hand on the player called for it --she in fact had her hads pressed in to her chest on the unfortunate rebound off her teammate when the kicked fall first struck that teamate not on her hand but glancing off her upperarn-shoulder area... THUS the entire "handball" infraction was a SERIOUS GOOF by the ref and since it proved crucial in letting Wambaugh score on the ensuing penalty kick and tie the game late wiuth only a few minutes remaining --that GOOF could be said to probably havee cost Canada a win...

REFS in other sports have been turfed out of the games for simialar humungous goofs or bad reffing..YET FIFA has done nothing to this ref instead falling back on her discretionary viewpoint..but the point is she completely MIS -SAW a handball infraction that was in fact no infraction..BUT even if we allow for "human error" and just pure bad luck this incident went against Canada spoiling an otherwise splendid match --ther STILL were so many OTHER egregious and UNFAIR calks she missed and made FAVOURING the USA to an ehorbitant degree...

MISSING a handball earlier on USA...FAILING to red card a USA player on either a reckless or what looked like deliberate attempt to SPIKE Canada's star Christine Sinclair....or giving yellow cards to Canadaians for some too rough tackles but IGNORING USA roughhuse physical knockdown bullying tactics and holding aganist Canaian players...,I just think IT LOOKED like clear favoritism towards USa and againsat Canada on all these OTHER incidents ..I did not see a balanced reffing display at all ..

YES USA is the best team in the World and on other days may have converted more of its glorious scoring chances and with more goals put a big cushion victory over Canada instead of a close victory in OT ... BUT on a DAY where Canada put in one of its best competing games and had its star player producing ,CANADA could have won this game IF and only IF the ref had not made errors of omission and comission..

THAT ref was both incompetent and worse UNFAIR ....she sjould be banned by FIFA from ever influencing the outcome of a game and snatching the Olympic gold dream or perhaps some world Championship draem from some future candidate team that finds itself in the position of possibly upseeting the great American Women's Soccer team...The USA should win strictly on merit --NOT by any help of and incompetent and not fair and balanced referee...

This is not sour grapes but merely a call against INCOMPETENCE and UNFAIRNESS in reffing . In hockey we state it ALL THE TIME ...While you can not see some infraction and not call a penalty ,you must not do so to only 1 side --if it is lopsided on missed infractions to one side -THAT IS UNFAIR....OR while you may call a legit infraction at a crucial time i the game-that in itself is not ufair as long as you would call te same infraction against the other team during the game ...BUT what is clearly INCOMPETENCE is not knowing the application of the basic rules of the game or ASSUMING (not seeing) an infraction where there was no infraction ....IN a hockey game if a ref ASSUMES a player in the crease puts his hand on the puck because he did not see a mere sweeping motion and so calls a penalty shot-that would be gross
unfairness based not on what the ref saw but what he did not see -it would be either incompetence for calling infractions on assumption rather that what actually happened OR incompetence in not knowing the rules (there is no infractio if the hand of the non-goalie that covers the puck in the crease in a motion without stoppage sweps the puck away (merely putting a hand over the puck is not an infraction-it only is if there is a stoppage in motion with no attempt to sweep it right out of harm's way )... SIMILARLY here --- this was BALL TO HAND --not an infraction under FIFA rules and if the ref ASSUMED it was hand to ball (because she clearly did not see that there was no deliberate hand going out to meet ball ) -then ASSUMPTIVE reffing is INCOMPETENT or she did not know the rule --which is also iNCOMPETENT ... SHE sjould be banned for life for reffing INCOMPETENTLY ...and for UNFAIRNESS in her lopsided ignoring of USA infractions in the game but seemingly calling rough tackling and holding lpsidely against Canada and minimally against USA.


We expect INCOMPETENT reffing in the OLYMPICS--but usually in boxing or other reffed sports where the level of play is beyond the ability of refs from certain countries not used to big international matches and superior level of play to handle... We do not expect FIFA to send inexperienced or incompetent refs to its top matches at this level among its best teams ...

ALL anyone can ask is both fair and balanced reffing PLUS COMPETENCY ...HERE there was none of either.
Huh, you mention every missed call for Canada but don't mention how this could have gone unpunished.



So she not only stomps on a players head who is on the ground, one of the most gutless acts anyone can every do, attacking a defenseless player, but this broad has the audacity to be the one to call out the ref after the game saying "I hope she sleeps well tonight in her team USA jersey" What a #.

Yet clearly the ref was working for the US and not just a bad ref. Canada can whine and cry all they want they benefited from some missed and bad calls too.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  #144
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Wasted Years's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paschendale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 500
That should have been a red card and a sending off. Classless and stupid.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
  #145
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 33,475
vCash: 5113
The bar I was at was intently watching the women's beach volleyball game last night, and I was able to bribe a couple free drinks out of some buddies by threatening to spoil it for them.

So the NBC tape delay finally had a benefit!

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:02 PM
  #146
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
The bar I was at was intently watching the women's beach volleyball game last night, and I was able to bribe a couple free drinks out of some buddies by threatening to spoil it for them.

So the NBC tape delay finally had a benefit!
Well played.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
  #147
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500


Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! story: After punching Spain guard in groin, France's Nic Batum says: "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop."
That is beyond ridiculous.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  #148
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 33,475
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
That is beyond ridiculous.
Basketball play, no suspension.

No, but seriously, hope that dude gets permabanned from international competition for that nonsense.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
  #149
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 26,361
vCash: 470
That's hilarious

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
  #150
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
I love basketball and hate the flopping, but sack-tapping people and acting like a ****ing clown isn't the way to try and stop it. Just foul them hard when they try to drive to the glass. Don't do that.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.