HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2012, 12:54 PM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Tellquist,just get the **** back to sweden Jučers is 10 times better.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
What do you think of Rautakallio, is he a good coach?
He`s just fine.

Old
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Balderis19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
What do you think of Rautakallio, is he a good coach?
The results arent what we would want yet, also some lost points this year in the 3. period, or after going ahead in a game, so some mental lapses i guess from the team, however they are playing good hockey... - so yeah, i think Pekka is doing a good job overall

Old
09-28-2012, 05:13 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Iggulden was more a playmaker with Riga, I remember liking what I saw from him with Riga. Also Hartigan did deteriorate, however switching teams every year did not help. I still think its better than what they have now. I guess we'll have to wait and see until the end of the season... My bets are Shremp is first to go.
Yeah, but that was Hartigan's own fault. He was a star in his first season in Riga, bolted for more money, failed, and then came back when his services were no longer wanted elsewhere. By then, the chemistry he had was gone, as was a part of his work ethic. There seem to be a lot of guys recently who've followed in his footsteps, and so far, they've all been disappointments on their new teams (Hossa, Sprukts, Darzins - although he's been injured most of the time, and Mik Redlihs). I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them in Riga's line-up before the end of the season. As for the new imports, I for one was expecting more out of Giroux. The guy's been an all-star everywhere but the NHL. They always give the guys a bit of time to acclimatize to the league, but now, ten games in, he and Schremp will really have to step up their game to warrant their place in the line-up, especially with so many NHLers looking for a place to play, even at a reduced rate (hell, Spezza is playing for free).

Old
09-29-2012, 12:58 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Yeah, but that was Hartigan's own fault. He was a star in his first season in Riga, bolted for more money, failed, and then came back when his services were no longer wanted elsewhere. By then, the chemistry he had was gone, as was a part of his work ethic. There seem to be a lot of guys recently who've followed in his footsteps, and so far, they've all been disappointments on their new teams (Hossa, Sprukts, Darzins - although he's been injured most of the time, and Mik Redlihs). I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them in Riga's line-up before the end of the season. As for the new imports, I for one was expecting more out of Giroux. The guy's been an all-star everywhere but the NHL. They always give the guys a bit of time to acclimatize to the league, but now, ten games in, he and Schremp will really have to step up their game to warrant their place in the line-up, especially with so many NHLers looking for a place to play, even at a reduced rate (hell, Spezza is playing for free).
What miķelis redlihs a dissapointment? LOL,hes just fine in Yaroslavly.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:14 AM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
What miķelis redlihs a dissapointment? LOL,hes just fine in Yaroslavly.
You're right. He has two more points than I though he had after the first 9 games. He's doing alright. I was away last weekend, so I obviously missed the stories about 2 of his points. I though he had 1G 1A. He's still no Indrasis or Kulda though

Last edited by v-man: 09-29-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old
09-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

What a thriller it was last night, thank heavens that we've won.

Old
10-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

My head still hurts It was charity to give away 2 points.

Btw, Filatov was seen drinking in Riga the day before game. Awesome work ethic from a young man who wants to revive his career.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
BalticWarrior

Pathetic game by Rīga,you could see the hoplesness in pekkas face few minutes before the game...theres no fixing this team.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:08 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
My head still hurts It was charity to give away 2 points.

Btw, Filatov was seen drinking in Riga the day before game. Awesome work ethic from a young man who wants to revive his career.
lol, revive career what? the guy is HOPELESS

Old
10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
RobertR
C

vCash: 50
I think its time Pekka. Schremp to the first line!

Old
10-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

People in Riga wanted to see Ivanans-Gilles or Ivanans-Yablonski fight and Vityaz didn't even ice their tough guys. Oh well.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:59 AM
zorz

Quote:
People in Riga wanted to see Ivanans-Gilles or Ivanans-Yablonski fight and Vityaz didn't even ice their tough guys. Oh well.
I guess it's good they are doing things like Omsk incident no more, but I don't like the fact they don't start fights regularly anymore. Like it or not, they were something special in KHL thanks to that. Now they are just another modiocre Russian team which means more boredom in the league.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I guess it's good they are doing things like Omsk incident no more, but I don't like the fact they don't start fights regularly anymore. Like it or not, they were something special in KHL thanks to that. Now they are just another modiocre Russian team which means more boredom in the league.
Yeah, it felt like a game vs Amur or Neftekhimik.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Yeah, it felt like a game vs Amur or Neftekhimik.
Except Neftekhimik now has Yakupov...
Neftekhimik used to be the blandest team in the KHL for me. Amur had it's geographic location, Novokuznetsk had its ''sh*ttiest town'' reputation, Avtomobilist had it's shi*tiest team reputation, Vityaz was fighting and all the other teams were unique with something... but I never really saw anything special in Neftekhimik maybe except being the 2nd best Tatarstan team... Now it has changed.

And anyways we shouldn't be that much surprised about our position in KHL standings this year. Consider the fact that CSKA was not what it is now and Lokomotiv didn't play last year, if the both teams would be like this year we'd already be 9th in the West last year, outside play-offs. And now we have added Lev + Slovan. The competition is increasing, teams' budgets are growing + lockout + managers becoming wiser as concerns whom to sign and why... As much as it pains me to say but as the average level of play in the league is increasing, we with our small budget and hockey reject squad are not going to improve our position in standings. Take even Slovan that maybe has the same budget as we but better coach, more fans in arena now and the whole Slovakian hockey to scout for players. They are doing everything that we did (and do) only better and we can do squat about it, as we simpy lack such a resource of players named Mikus that can be brought to the team....

Old
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Except Neftekhimik now has Yakupov...
Neftekhimik used to be the blandest team in the KHL for me. Amur had it's geographic location, Novokuznetsk had its ''sh*ttiest town'' reputation, Avtomobilist had it's shi*tiest team reputation, Vityaz was fighting and all the other teams were unique with something... but I never really saw anything special in Neftekhimik maybe except being the 2nd best Tatarstan team... Now it has changed.

And anyways we shouldn't be that much surprised about our position in KHL standings this year. Consider the fact that CSKA was not what it is now and Lokomotiv didn't play last year, if the both teams would be like this year we'd already be 9th in the West last year, outside play-offs. And now we have added Lev + Slovan. The competition is increasing, teams' budgets are growing + lockout + managers becoming wiser as concerns whom to sign and why... As much as it pains me to say but as the average level of play in the league is increasing, we with our small budget and hockey reject squad are not going to improve our position in standings. Take even Slovan that maybe has the same budget as we but better coach, more fans in arena now and the whole Slovakian hockey to scout for players. They are doing everything that we did (and do) only better and we can do squat about it, as we simpy lack such a resource of players named Mikus that can be brought to the team....
Yeah it looks like no PO`s for Rīga this year,apparently

Old
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
BalticWarrior

Maybe if we get Dārziņš back it could light some fire on our offense,lets wait and see what happens with him and if Ak bars will want him in next few weeks.Also Rīga could sign Jekimovs whos now doing great in SM-liiga,so he would fall perfectly with pekkas finnish style.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:23 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Love Gudlevskis as a prospect. He could have been the best goalie at the WJC (with the worst team in front of him), he looked good against Vityaz as well, glad he was able to earn the win. Hopefully he gets a shot in the K soon enough, he's put in his time in the MHL.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:46 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Love Gudlevskis as a prospect. He could have been the best goalie at the WJC (with the worst team in front of him), he looked good against Vityaz as well, glad he was able to earn the win. Hopefully he gets a shot in the K soon enough, he's put in his time in the MHL.
He`s too unstable,he can play great at times,but then again he can let in 5 softies.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
He`s too unstable,he can play great at times,but then again he can let in 5 softies.
True, if we judge him seeing some WJC performances or junior cup in Omsk then he might look quite good and I'm not saying he can't be but then he lets in 4 goals in a row in 15 minutes in an MHL game and you wonder what's happening...

Though I'm of course happy how his first KHL game (or at least his part of it) went, maybe it will help him in future career.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
True, if we judge him seeing some WJC performances or junior cup in Omsk then he might look quite good and I'm not saying he can't be but then he lets in 4 goals in a row in 15 minutes in an MHL game and you wonder what's happening...

Though I'm of course happy how his first KHL game (or at least his part of it) went, maybe it will help him in future career.
I think Merzļikins is way better to be honest.. Maybe he will be playing for Rīga in a couple of years.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:05 AM
BalticWarrior

Eh,the only thing i hope for now is that if we keep playing like this MAYBE young guys like Rihards Bukarts and Golovkovs will get a shot at KHL,because were not making play-offs anyway.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:16 PM
smitty10

How has Ivanans played since returning to Latvia? I know he played an enforcer role in the NHL, but last year in the AHL he was given more responsibilities and placed into a power forward/grinder role while with Abbotsford, which apparently really revived his game. Is he playing regularly?

Old
10-07-2012, 12:19 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
How has Ivanans played since returning to Latvia? I know he played an enforcer role in the NHL, but last year in the AHL he was given more responsibilities and placed into a power forward/grinder role while with Abbotsford, which apparently really revived his game. Is he playing regularly?
He plays in the 4th line as a grinder,had a fight today

Old
10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Viktus

I also wanted to add that I like him playing hockey rather than just fighting, although he's probably one of the few guys who have 0+0 at the moment. His line partners are good, but young guys, and Ivanans has made a few realy nice passes in the past few games, which more experienced players than Biezais and Bichevskis would probably turn in to a goal.

Closed Thread