HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 11:04 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Murda View Post
Are there any rumors out there of NHL players signing in Riga?
Daugaviņš is a lock to play in Rīga,beyond that,there have been no rumours.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:06 PM
BalticWarrior

We need to get our first line as it was-
Karsums-Johnson-Indrašis
Second could be-
Giroux-Schremp-Bukarts
Third-
Meija-Dzerins-Lipsbergs
Fourth-
Biezais-Bičevskis-Skovrcovs.

Meija and Džeriņš DO NOT belong on 2nd line.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Latgale_fan

Well, we finally won and that's a very good thing, but then again it could as well be another 1 or 2 point game and we just got lucky this time too, as with Slovan game.

Hard to say anything about the lines since I didn't watch the game but I don't see Meija and Džeriņš as 2nd line too (that's if we're not turning into Vityaz, Novokuznestk or Avto- which I hope we are not), we need the scorers to start scoring and grinders to continue grinding... If that doesn't happen, we'll continue with 1-2 goals for a game and exciting and close match-ups vs Vityaz on home ice...

But, as Gertrude Stein might say ''win is a win is a win is a win''. Shouldn't try to find epithets for 3 points hard earned, let's see at least a few more games to see if the situation improves (and what will Pekka do next)

Old
09-16-2012, 04:49 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
We need to get our first line as it was-
Karsums-Johnson-Indrašis
Second could be-
Giroux-Schremp-Bukarts
Third-
Meija-Dzerins-Lipsbergs
Fourth-
Biezais-Bičevskis-Skovrcovs.

Meija and Džeriņš DO NOT belong on 2nd line.
wow

Why do you think Bukarts is better then Meija or Dzerins. Point that he was better goal scorer at juniors i think is very week. In man hockey he didnt do anything to prove he is a first 2 lines player. And he had lots and lots of chances over the years.

And to be honest i dont see why Indrasis is better then one of other "Always talented youngsters" group guys like Meija, Dzerins, Bukarts. Yeah, he shined once at WC, then Pekka had to try him out in the first 2 lines, but now, i think he sees that he dont belong there.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:10 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
wow

Why do you think Bukarts is better then Meija or Dzerins. Point that he was better goal scorer at juniors i think is very week. In man hockey he didnt do anything to prove he is a first 2 lines player. And he had lots and lots of chances over the years.

And to be honest i dont see why Indrasis is better then one of other "Always talented youngsters" group guys like Meija, Dzerins, Bukarts. Yeah, he shined once at WC, then Pekka had to try him out in the first 2 lines, but now, i think he sees that he dont belong there.
Indrašis doesnt belong in the first line?are you kidding me? Even when he was placed in the 3d line he was STILL making scoring chances and holding the line togeether ,he was the driving force behind the first line now look at it,its pathetic,Giroux should not be on the first.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:13 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
wow

Because he`s just undeniably more skilled than Meija or Džeriņš,its not even debatable,oh and i would like to see example where he was given a chance. When has he ever been placed on the 2 line?

Old
09-16-2012, 05:15 AM
SoundAndFury

1. You can find all the arguments about Bukarts in previous posts.
2. Regarding Indrasis, you should open your eyes and see that he already has more skill than Meija or Dzerins who are not the talented youngsters anymore. If that won't help 3 points in 3 games are a decent argument considering he played for the team which couldn't score 2 goals to save their lifes.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:37 AM
RobertR

I cant give you exact dates of course but i`am an 100% sure that he has given a chance to play in first 2 lines in previous seasons.

I agree that he has better technique, better shot and he is more talented, but thats not all qualities in hockey. Have you not thought about why Pekka/Ted pick other guys (Meija, Dzerins, Indrasis) over him? He is lazy, weak defensively.

About Indrasis: Ok, mby he is slightly better then the others, but still, not enough for the 1st line in KHL team. And the statement that he is better then Giroux, you cant be serious. He just need time, remember how Trotter looked in the first half of a season.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:39 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I cant give you exact dates of course but i`am an 100% sure that he has given a chance to play in first 2 lines in previous seasons.

I agree that he has better technique, better shot and he is more talented, but thats not all qualities in hockey. Have you not thought about why Pekka/Ted pick other guys (Meija, Dzerins, Indrasis) over him? He is lazy, weak defensively.

About Indrasis: Ok, mby he is slightly better then the others, but still, not enough for the 1st line in KHL team. And the statement that he is better then Giroux, you cant be serious. He just need time, remember how Trotter looked in the first half of a season.
Again please read my post why HE IS 1st line worthy.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:40 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

If you can`t,then too bad,Bukarts still remains alot more talented than Meija and Džeriņš combined.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Again please read my post why HE IS 1st line worthy.
I think we should not continue this discussion, because i cant imagine how somebody could think that the driving force of the 1st line were Indrasis not Karsums.

And why, if Indrasis is so great, did Pekka pulled him to the 3rd line...

Old
09-16-2012, 06:00 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I think we should not continue this discussion, because i cant imagine how somebody could think that the driving force of the 1st line were Indrasis not Karsums.

And why, if Indrasis is so great, did Pekka pulled him to the 3rd line...
Pekka might have some grudge on him,for some reason.
Oh and karsums hasnt shown anything since Indrašis was taken out of the equation

Old
09-16-2012, 06:03 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Indrasis played one game in 3rd line. Right? Lets wait a few games, even Kuznetsov played 2nd, 3rd line last season/s.

Old
09-16-2012, 06:56 AM
SoundAndFury

Maybe he's not 1st line worthy yet, who cares, you still need to have at least 2 scoring lines and Indrasis is easily a Top-6 forward on this team. You can call Karsums-Johnson-Indrasis a 2nd line if that makes you feel better.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:52 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Indrasis played one game in 3rd line. Right? Lets wait a few games, even Kuznetsov played 2nd, 3rd line last season/s.
You don't have to stomach this *** of a hockey every other night, easy for you to speak. I wish I could watch exclusively league's top match-ups and fantasize about KHL catching NHL, but I've stuck with caring for Latvian hockey, teams and players.

Our D is laughable, Arzamastsev yesterday looked like Paul Coffey compared to our D line heroes.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:38 AM
RobertR

One guy at sc.com says that he have a inside info, that DR will sign S.Koivu and C.Perry. Hard to believe, but maaan, that would be a hell of a sign.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:02 AM
zorz

Quote:
One guy at sc.com says that he have a inside info, that DR will sign S.Koivu and C.Perry. Hard to believe, but maaan, that would be a hell of a sign.
is that even possible? I thought every team can sign only 1 foreigner.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:06 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
No, KHL clubs can sign 3 NHL players. And i think its only for Russian team`s. Other ones can sign as much as they want.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Riga is non russian club, so can sign whoever from NHL. Yes, slovak and czech media were not precise about this... therefore the mess.

RobertR
All KHL clubs can sign 3 NHLers... different is that russian based clubs are limitated (one foreigner), non-russian are not. I can post link for article from KHL website, but is written in russian.

Can you give us link for S.Koivu/C.Perry article?

Last edited by vorky: 09-16-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old
09-16-2012, 10:22 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I call ********,sc.com is full of idiots who would believe this stuff.
And besides theres no chance in effin hell that Dinamo rīga could afford these signings.Impossible.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:32 AM
RobertR

Yeah, it is. But i fallow it sometimes, and i remember some guys give`d inside info about previous signings before they were announced.

And why are you talking about "afford" do you think all other European teams can afford all those NHL players? Swiss teams, SM-liga, they definitely don`t have more money then Riga.

A lot of NHL players would play in Europe just for practice and stay in shape purposes. I think they all know that contract as they have in NHL, can afford to pay only some KHL teams, who already have they rosters full, and i think if they want to fill that with non-russsian NHL player, no offence to Perry and Koivu, there are not even best players in their team, they will sign some Stamkos/Giroux/Getzalf calibre players.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:41 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah, it is. But i fallow it sometimes, and i remember some guys give`d inside info about previous signings before they were announced.

And why are you talking about "afford" do you think all other European teams can afford all those NHL players? Swiss teams, SM-liga, they definitely don`t have more money then Riga.

A lot of NHL players would play in Europe just for practice and stay in shape purposes. I think they all know that contract as they have in NHL, can afford to pay only some KHL teams, who already have they rosters full, and i think if they want to fill that with non-russsian NHL player, no offence to Perry and Koivu, there are not even best players in their team, they will sign some Stamkos/Giroux/Getzalf calibre players.
Well there have been some other rumours about Zubrus that seem more realistic,though...

Old
09-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:

Perry isn't the best player on his team? He's a former MVP and last year he lead his team on goals. Getzlaf, on the other hand, had only 11 goals.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:00 AM
BalticWarrior

Wow that guy with the "inside information" on sportacentrs.com looks nothing more than a very good troll,subtle but effective.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Perry isn't the best player on his team? He's a former MVP and last year he lead his team on goals. Getzlaf, on the other hand, had only 11 goals.
Ok, i can rephrase that, not outspoken best player in the team. Ofc former MVP. But can you say that he is by no doubts the best player right now in Duck. There are a bunch of leaders.

Closed Thread