HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 11:15 AM
RobertR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Wow that guy with the "inside information" on sportacentrs.com looks nothing more than a very good troll,subtle but effective.
But who prevents us from believing? I`am completely sure that DR will sign some good NHL guy, will it be Perry Koivu or some other guy, thats not really matters to me. Like i said, money is not issue there. Guys who want to play in the highest level besides NHL, would have to sign with KHL teams. And us i said, best KHL teams are filling there 3NHL guy slots with Russian players now.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:17 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
But who prevents us from believing? I`am completely sure that DR will sign some good NHL guy, will it be Perry Koivu or some other guy, thats not really matters to me. Like i said, money is not issue there. Guys who want to play in the highest level besides NHL, would have to sign with KHL teams. And us i said, best KHL teams are filling there 3NHL guy slots with Russian players now.
I would like to have your optimism,but sadly i don`t,we have the most incompotent GM in the whole KHL,so theres that...

Old
09-16-2012, 11:26 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
A lot of NHL players would play in Europe just for practice and stay in shape purposes. I think they all know that contract as they have in NHL, can afford to pay only some KHL teams, who already have they rosters full, and i think if they want to fill that with non-russsian NHL player, no offence to Perry and Koivu, there are not even best players in their team, they will sign some Stamkos/Giroux/Getzalf calibre players.
huh? Ok, Perry at least has some competition but Koivu was the best Wild player by a country mile.

And Zubrus, well, I wouldn't sign him

Old
09-16-2012, 11:28 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
huh? Ok, Perry at least has some competition but Koivu was the best Wild player by a country mile.

Why not? whats wrong with him?

Old
09-16-2012, 11:29 AM
RobertR

Quote:

Rumor is about Saku. The story is that good Schremp friend Perry will come to play with him and take his teammate/friend Saku with him.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Where is the facepalm smiley? Ah, here it is:

Old
09-16-2012, 11:45 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Where is the facepalm smiley? Ah, here it is:
Thanks helpoing,for a little dose of reality.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Why not? whats wrong with him?
The guy is a grinder. You only have 3 spots for NHL'ers and there's not much sense in signing a grinder. Dainius played 42 game for Lada during previous lockout and scored 19 points. He was not even the most resultive player for Lithuania in Division 1 WC for crying out loud. So imo you either find someone with more big-ice-friendly skill set or you wait until somebody else becomes available.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
SoundAndFury

Oh and i believe he still has Russian passport so he can sign in Russia and not take a foreigner's spot. So I assume that he wouldn't come cheap

Old
09-16-2012, 11:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
The guy is a grinder. You only have 3 spots for NHL'ers and there's not much sense in signing a grinder. Dainius played 42 game for Lada during previous lockout and scored 19 points. He was not even the most resultive player for Lithuania in Division 1 WC for crying out loud. So imo you either find someone with more big-ice-friendly skill set or you wait until somebody else becomes available.
But who else will play here? I can`t seem to think of anyone else.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:05 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Canadian guys will want to play somewhere and they don't have much choice since SEL is not available and KHL only has 15-20 spots. Riga is not a bad location in this light.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
RobertR

Quote:
Omg. You guys really don`t understand the situation. You really think that Riga is such a crappy place to play? Or what? Or you really think that some Swiss league team, or Fins can pay players more then Dinamo? Now when Elitserian said NO to NHL players, KHL team can have only 3 players per team. When do you think they all will play? AHL? Yeah, right...

Old
09-16-2012, 12:10 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Omg. You guys really don`t understand the situation. You really think that Riga is such a crappy place to play? Or what? Or you really think that some Swiss league team, or Fins can pay players more then Dinamo? Now when Elitserian said NO to NHL players, KHL team can have only 3 players per team. When do you think they all will play? AHL? Yeah, right...
I don`t know man,this just sounds too unrealistic for me..

Old
09-16-2012, 12:14 PM
SoundAndFury

I think Schremp could be of some help putting in a good word for Riga. Dinamo could really use some John Tavares

Old
09-16-2012, 12:24 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
I don`t know man,this just sounds too unrealistic for me..
There's really a bunch of guys Riga could target. Not a stars but young NHL scorers who do not sit on the bag full of money as of yet and they are not concerned about their health that much. Like P.A. Parenteau, Matt Moulson, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, David Descharnais and so on. Skilled guys not good enough take away KHL spot from somebody else in teams like SKA, AK Bars, Avangard, etc., so basically they will be left with NLA, DEL and SM-Liga. Now these are ones Riga can compete with.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
I'm not sure we can compete with anyone tbf. We don't have that kind of oligarch behind us which could simply add 200-500 K to our budget for a player. I'm even pretty sure Daugavins basically is playing for free. Kulda said that DR didn't even try to contact him, Donbass supposedly outbid us for Bartulis and yet some people expect us to battle for some unfashioned NHL'ers?

Maybe Daugavins or one of our NA players can lure someone here (ala Darby Henderson), but still, we would hardly be seriously trying to compete for somebody.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I'm not sure we can compete with anyone tbf. We don't have that kind of oligarch behind us which could simply add 200-500 K to our budget for a player. I'm even pretty sure Daugavins basically is playing for free. Kulda said that DR didn't even try to contact him, Donbass supposedly outbid us for Bartulis and yet some people expect us to battle for some unfashioned NHL'ers?
This, 10 times this. We can't hold to our former team leaders, can hardly lure border NHL Latvians, and some actually think that we might land a big name?

Yes, we need a goalie. Yes, we need a shutdown d-man. And a real PP quarterback. And a second top 6 center would be great. But the team is running on a shoestring, so don't expect any additions except Daugava (and maybe someone of Trotter's caliber).

Old
09-17-2012, 01:18 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Indrasis in 1st line tonight and what? goal

Old
09-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Latgale_fan

and we win... again, barely scoring 2 goals. That's the whole difference, Jučers was ok but was allowing 2 goals per game, Tellquist is only letting in one and that gives us fighting chance How long, though, and what happens when top dogs play us at their arenas (all due respect to Novokuznetsk and Amur but they're not really contenders for more than 1st play-of round).

Then again at least the fans can breathe more calmly now, we've caught up with our main opponents for the play-off spot for now...

Indrašis is really an interesting player, sure he will still have to mature but give 2-3 years he can be very impressive at this level. Giroux scored- good! And if Indrašis isn't first line player then who is? Didn't see first line being more effective last game when Indrašis wasn't there...

Old
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Indrasis in 1st line tonight and what? goal
Yeah, but wait.. Helo said that he is way better then Meija and Dzerins... But hmm, 2nd line was our best line 2 games in a row, and who again is playing there?

Of course Schremp is a driving force of that line, today he was our best player on the ice. IMHO.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Yeah, but wait.. Helo said that he is way better then Meija and Dzerins... But hmm, 2nd line was our best line 2 games in a row, and who again is playing there?

Of course Schremp is a driving force of that line, today he was our best player on the ice. IMHO.
it was only a joke with Indrasis ...

Old
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Pekka likes twitter seems to be satisfied with the game

@PekkaRautakalio

2 goals. 3 points. Normal spiel. Latvian hockey.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

Well,isnt he? if there was no shcremp Meija and Džeriņš couldn`t do ****.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:28 PM
BalticWarrior

Jesus Robert what has Indrašis done to you that you hate him so much? whats your problem man?

Old
09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
RobertR

I dont hate Indrasis.

I just think that he is on the same level that all others Latvian players (besides Karsums ofc), maybe slightly better. But you guys just making star out of him, based on what he showed in one tournament playing in the 1st line, not coz he earned to play there, he played there only coz lot of our players refused to play in team, or were injured.

And now, same story, we just don`t have KHL top6 forwards calibre players, so we are forced to put these Indrasis, Dzerins, Meija guys on our top 2 lines... But again, guys are not playing bad, remember how Redlihs, Darzins looked at their 1st season playing on the 3rd line, and then step by step they become our leaders putting good numbers, mby its finally Dzerins and Meija time to do something like that? If it is, i think they should hurry, coz i think it is a good chance that Mikelis or Lauris (or mby even both ) will return to DR after winter break, coz now they both look terrible.

Closed Thread