HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Talk (Part XIV): Semin to Carolina; Doan still thinking

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Ih8theislanders

vCash: 500
Not that I think it would have any prevalence today, but Nash's best season came with Huselius on the opposite wing.

Old
07-27-2012, 07:55 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
This. Sometimes what you think will be a need turns out not to be. And you never know what kind of injuries will occur. Let's hang on to the remaining cash and see how things play out. There's plenty of time until the trading deadline. Having cash is a nice bonus.
Well, if the prevailing thought is that we have to somewhat settle on the FA options available, I think it pretty much means that the cap space is more valuable than the players.

Teams are going to have to cut salary to get under the next cap. Boston could easily be way over the cap. If the floor drops too, Boston may be trading a high draft pick with Thomas because that market for empty cap will be gone. Let's sit tight.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:07 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Dominic Moore is available? I'd bring him back in the bottom-6.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:10 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
No to Moore. He made his disparaging comments when he left. And he's a little weasel when he plays with the stunts he pulls. Claiming he didn't know fedotenko was there when he gave him a headshot last year.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Season tickets for 20 years. I didn't say Boyle didn't play 3rd line center. I said he didn't play it ALL year which he didn't. And I agree your stupidity is overwhelming. Torts and Sather made nothing clear when trading Dubi and Ani. If we enter camp with no more changes and none of the kids can handle the 3rd line center role then and only then will it be clear that we are going with the offensively retarded Brian Boyle at 3rd line center. And that IMHO will be a huge mistake for a team with Cup aspirations.
Season tickets for 20 years... Maybe you should start paying attention to the games and drinking less. Yes I know how to read, the question is can you actually comprehend what was being said? Who else played third line center all year????

Please enlighten me? Richards was the first line Stepan was second the 4th line centers were Christensen, newbury, and Mitchell. So instead of beating around the bush answer the question? You can't because you know I am correct so call me names but at least I know what I'm talking about.

In a perfect world Boyle would be the 4th line center and maybe one day Miller will be our 3rd line center, but you are denying reality if you think that will be happening anytime soon.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
No to Moore. He made his disparaging comments when he left. And he's a little weasel when he plays with the stunts he pulls. Claiming he didn't know fedotenko was there when he gave him a headshot last year.
Feds is gone, & Moore was blindsided by the trade. I thought Tradeing Moore was a bad move. He is a vauleable player that is sought after every year at the trade deadline. He would be a better option than Boyle at center.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Ke11y96

I really think this organization is comfortable with Boyle as the 3rd line center. It was his average ice time all year. Torts is a fan and utilizes him quite often, so they're definitely not going after Arnott or they'd already have him. Doan I could see if he would want no more than 5.5 for 2 years.

Realistically though the Rangers are looking for that one more D, and even Jim Cerny brought it up in his last online chat multiple times that he "assures" us that the NYR are looking into a defenseman.

Figure once again they'll keep our core intact so it wouldn't be a blockbuster trade. One name I think they'll be checking in with is Cody Franson. I mean in a perfect world we would have assets to go look into Boyle, Carlson, Bogosian, but we don't or at least won't move the pieces it would take to get them. So I'm thinking a small side deal with Toronto for Franson, who is 6'5 does a pretty good job at getting is shot through and can put the points up with enough ice time. I'm not sure if he puts that 6'5 frame to work physically but he fits a nice offensive mold.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Franson/Stralman
Del Zotto - Franson/Stralman

Hopefully Sauer pushes one of those two as our #7 but if not Franson wouldn't be a bad pick up.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Feds is gone, & Moore was blindsided by the trade. I thought Tradeing Moore was a bad move. He is a vauleable player that is sought after every year at the trade deadline. He would be a better option than Boyle at center.
At the ripe old age of 31 Dom Moore has played for only.....NINE teams in the NHL.

Would any one like to hazard a guess as to why?

Old
07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
At the ripe old age of 31 Dom Moore has played for only.....NINE teams in the NHL.

Would any one like to hazard a guess as to why?
He's an asset that isn't necessary. That, and he usually ends up signing with bad teams that will trade him for a good pick.

There's a reason he's garnered a second round pick several times, he's a decent player that is versatile.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
07-27-2012, 11:32 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

There's speculation that Moore is a locker room cancer, which could be the reason he's been on so many teams. No thanks.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Any interest in Tomas Holmstrom as a depth forward?

Old
07-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He's an asset that isn't necessary. That, and he usually ends up signing with bad teams that will trade him for a good pick.

There's a reason he's garnered a second round pick several times, he's a decent player that is versatile.
Your right. I've watched him a lot over the years. Good player. That's not the reason he moves around so much.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:09 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
I keep saying this everytime something with Moore comes up. But I was lucky enough to go to the Ranger locker room after a game one time, and he was the nicest, most out going players, he talked to me for about 20 minutes, even after most of the guys left. I'll always be a fan and welcome him back.
Also, I'd want Ortmeyer back too, hell of a PK, heart player, could fit right in, and I know he isn't the player he once was, but I still have a soft spot for him.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:17 AM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Any interest in Tomas Holmstrom as a depth forward?
I believe Holmstrom said he would either play for Detroit or retire.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Kershaw

I loved Ortmeyer for his effort, but he is a really poor skater. Both sides have moved on.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Kershaw

Wow I just realized that Fedotenko had 5 pts in 6 gms vs. the Devils. I forgot how underrated he was.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:54 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I like Doan. I would like Doan on the Rangers.

I want Sather to stay away from Doan as far away as possible.

Doan wants to stay in Phoenix or become a hired gun that has his heart elsewhere which is what killed the Rangers for years prior to the lockout.

Signing guys that wanted the big payday.

Never works out.

I don't begrudge him looking for that last big payday, I wish him luck finding it.

Just better not be with the Rangers.
not sure doan is that cynical. it's certainly possible. but i agree with not wanting him on the rangers at that price. too expensive. but for two years...

Old
07-28-2012, 12:57 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Wow I just realized that Fedotenko had 5 pts in 6 gms vs. the Devils. I forgot how underrated he was.
Would have had more if Gabby didn't miss an open net on a great pass.

Old
07-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Would have had more if Gabby didn't miss an open net on a great pass.
I was the biggest Gabby hater on this board during the playoffs, but I give him the nod since he was playing with one good shoulder.

Old
07-28-2012, 01:38 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I was the biggest Gabby hater on this board during the playoffs, but I give him the nod since he was playing with one good shoulder.
Me too but still that was a sick play. Too bad it didn't go.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:18 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
I loved Ortmeyer for his effort, but he is a really poor skater. Both sides have moved on.
Skating was one of Ort's few strong points. Jed's main problem was he was a one dimensional player. A very good defensive forward with a kind of lunatic death wish--a crazy shot blocker. On the other part of the game--he was a good forechecker and a pretty good hitter. No creativity at all though--hands weren't good--he couldn't finish. The thing is the level of his game equates much better to the AHL than the NHL.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Skating was one of Ort's few strong points. Jed's main problem was he was a one dimensional player. A very good defensive forward with a kind of lunatic death wish--a crazy shot blocker. On the other part of the game--he was a good forechecker and a pretty good hitter. No creativity at all though--hands weren't good--he couldn't finish. The thing is the level of his game equates much better to the AHL than the NHL.
Ort was a great skater, but he had one of the worst shots I have ever seen.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Barnaby

I'm on board for Dom Moore unless his character is that poor. I never got that impression when he was here initially. I just like the versatility he brings as a depth player. Sign him up along with a vet D and let's get ready for the season. I'd love Doan, but there are just too many interested parties - someone will vastly overpay him. My gut says Pittsburgh.

Old
07-28-2012, 06:45 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Dominic Moore's wife has liver cancer.

He may not sign with anyone.

Can we show respect for a fellow human being and former Ranger? I'm sure his family would appreciate the support.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=8012984

Old
07-28-2012, 06:57 AM
jeff spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Ort was a great skater, but he had one of the worst shots I have ever seen.
If the O in the Geico sign on the end boards was the goal, Jed would have easily been a 30 goal scorer.

Closed Thread