HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Farewell Sasha

Old
07-27-2012, 07:09 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

vCash: 500
Sonsofcain was right.

07-27-2012, 07:43 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Brendan Witt ‏@Whitemooseranch

i hope all you caps fans make sure you whoop it up every time Semin touches the puck.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Roughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Getting rid of Wideman is, plainly, addition by subtraction. Any NHL D man who isn't Dennis Wideman will make the team better.
And yet for some reason we still have Jeff Schultz.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Getting rid of Wideman is, plainly, addition by subtraction. Any NHL D man who isn't Dennis Wideman will make the team better.
However anyone feels about Wideman's play in the playoffs I don't think there is anyway the Caps even make the playoffs last season without his pretty darn good play in the first half of the season.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
However anyone feels about Wideman's play in the playoffs I don't think there is anyway the Caps even make the playoffs last season without his pretty darn good play in the first half of the season.
Meh, don't care. Unlike Semin, almost everyone in this forum can agree it's good that Wideman is gone. There is no WDF.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:39 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Alex Ovechkin ‏@ovi8

good luck to u Sema!it was gr8 time!!!!i hope we gonna play one more time together!!!!text me sometimes!hahaha

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
True. Ribeiro is Canadian after all. That automatically slashes his cancerousness by 87%.

If you're purging a team off of character issues you don't bring in Ribeiro. I get that McPhee is trying to walk some arbitrary line. In my opinion it's stupid as hell.
"I am sometimes seduced by skill"

That's our TeamBuilder.

What many of you Semin haters Just Do Not Get is that plenty of us are fine with Semin leaving....its the fact that we WILL NOT REPLACE him that is galling. For a team "trying" to win a cup, you cant bleed the amount of talent that the Caps have, and feel good about it.

You just cant. Not without some "I hate Semin" blinders on.

Ridley Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
That is a rather harsh indictment.

As I've said, I like Sasha, but what I want to see from GMGM is that he has a vision beyond just letting Semin walk for nothing. If he didn't want Alex on this team, he should've traded him a the deadline for SOMETHING... any argument that he couldn't get value is ridiculous since a late-round pick would be more than the absolute nothing we got.

But he didn't, so I am hoping there's a method to this madness. I want to see a plan to improve our offense, not just trade one roster vacancy for another. If he believes in this "addition by subtraction" stuff, then he better be damn sure we'll see some strong offense this coming year from either our current roster or another addition.

The moves this offseason -- outside of the draft -- have not looked orderly/rationale/deliberate to me at all.
That is because they arent. The man has NO plan.

"We dont need fighters"
--we trade for DJ King after getting pushed around

"We want our playoff team coming into camp"
--we determine the *very next year* that is bunk, and want beaucoup cap space

These are just recent events. The MAN has no PLAN

Old
07-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Alex Ovechkin ‏@ovi8

good luck to u Sema!it was gr8 time!!!!i hope we gonna play one more time together!!!!text me sometimes!hahaha
NOBODY on Twitter said bye to him! Clearly that means everyone is happy about him leaving!

In all serious, it's kinda ridiculous that some of us on here measured how much teammates care about him leaving by whether or not they said goodbye to him on freakin Twitter.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Blinders!!
you have the same blinders on. Shame you fail to see it...but thats the point of blinders, eh?

Old
07-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Alex Ovechkin ‏@ovi8

Sadly I can't tell if that's really from Ovie or if it's satire.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Before Semin it was Boudreau and Fleischmann and Nylander and Theodore and...

One by one the scapegoats have been shipped out. Yet the overall result stays the same. Remind me again how Semin is different? Because Matt Bradley didn't like him? Losing our second leading goal scorer and point getter is not going to make this team better.
Because the ultimate scape goat is still here. Going on year 15.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

I wonder what type of crap "kill Semin squad" will come up with when Carolina makes the playoffs and we don't.

"What many of you Semin haters Just Do Not Get is that plenty of us are fine with Semin leaving....its the fact that we WILL NOT REPLACE him that is galling. For a team "trying" to win a cup, you cant bleed the amount of talent that the Caps have, and feel good about it."

agree 100%

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...dard-as-semin/

Last edited by Vladiator16: 07-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
I wonder what type of crap "kill Semin squad" will come up with when Carolina makes the playoffs and we don't.

"What many of you Semin haters Just Do Not Get is that plenty of us are fine with Semin leaving....its the fact that we WILL NOT REPLACE him that is galling. For a team "trying" to win a cup, you cant bleed the amount of talent that the Caps have, and feel good about it."

agree 100%

Well said!

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Atlas

I'm interested to see what Oates can do. And Ribs at 2C will help.

I've been calling for a new and great GM since Monty. But that doesn't mean Semin was the answer. We can suck w/ Semin just as well as we can suck without Semin.

Atlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Meh, don't care. Unlike Semin, almost everyone in this forum can agree it's good that Wideman is gone. There is no WDF.
Well I am a whole lot more likely to join the WDF than I am going to join the cap space defense fund. After they resign Carlson they very likely are going to have at least $6-7 mil of cap space that I would bet a decent amount will end up unused, and that is not including Poti's LTIR.

Old
07-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
But that doesn't mean Semin was the answer. We can suck w/ Semin just as well as we can suck without Semin.
I hope you are equally ok with the idea that they can suck spending as much as the league will allow just as well as they can suck spending significantly less than that...

Old
07-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I hope you are equally ok with the idea that they can suck spending as much as the league will allow just as well as they can suck spending significantly less than that...

Who says I'm ok with the sucking? I've been at the front of the witch hunt, making torches for the shy ones, since the mid-1990's.

Still, I don't see Semin as anything more than a marginal piece. I don't hate the guy at all. But he's an anti-Captain. Not a core player.

Atlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
"I am sometimes seduced by skill"

That's our TeamBuilder.

What many of you Semin haters Just Do Not Get is that plenty of us are fine with Semin leaving....its the fact that we WILL NOT REPLACE him that is galling. For a team "trying" to win a cup, you cant bleed the amount of talent that the Caps have, and feel good about it.

You just cant. Not without some "I hate Semin" blinders on.
Even if we do replace him, an adequate replacement (not Petr ****ing Sykora) is either gonna cost 7 million a year for 4-5 years on an over 35 contract or cost an arm and a leg from the prospect pool that should be going for a top 4 LD instead (which we had no way of obtaining for no assets) if it were to be traded at all.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:40 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post

agree 100%

Yeah, the whole experience with GMGM and Ted is what concerns me. He won't get the replacement, unless cheap. He'll hope and cross his fingers Wolski becomes a 50 goal scorer. Ted will write numerous blogs about the team and ticket sales while saving himself $7 million. Just once I wish GMGM was legitimately in some rumors for big name players or UFAs. Sadly, people will bring up Jagr or how much assets the team will give up. I really wish Semin would have signed with a Western Conference Team, but none of this stuff we can control. We'll see what will happen and hope for the best, but I do expect a lot of flame posts this season if things go badly. Btw, I would gladly eat crow if GMGM made a trade for a replacement.

IafrateOvie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Yup, that's my take as well.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Who says I'm ok with the sucking? I've been at the front of the witch hunt, making torches for the shy ones, since the mid-1990's.

Still, I don't see Semin as anything more than a marginal piece. I don't hate the guy at all. But he's an anti-Captain. Not a core player.
You don't have to be core for your leaving to make your previous team worse. IMO the Caps are a better team with a second line built around Johansson at center and Semin as the top winger than they are with Ribeiro at center and any of the top 6 winger candidates left after the top line is filled out.

If Semin was willing to sign a one year deal it should have been in Washington because putting Ribeiro next to Semin actually would have made this team better, which I would think would have been the goal.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Well said!
thanks (he's quoting me)

Old
07-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Yeah, the whole experience with GMGM and Ted is what concerns me. He won't get the replacement, unless cheap. He'll hope and cross his fingers Wolski becomes a 50 goal scorer. Ted will write numerous blogs about the team and ticket sales while saving himself $7 million. Just once I wish GMGM was legitimately in some rumors for big name players or UFAs. Sadly, people will bring up Jagr or how much assets the team will give up. I really wish Semin would have signed with a Western Conference Team, but none of this stuff we can control. We'll see what will happen and hope for the best, but I do expect a lot of flame posts this season if things go badly. Btw, I would gladly eat crow if GMGM made a trade for a replacement.
George is by nature a dumpster diver. He's hoping Wolski will be Brian Bellows, not Sergei Berezin.

It's foolish, but typical of this organization, under George.

Ted really cares about the attendance. Read his blogs... they talk about "brand" and "sell outs", and packing the building. They hardly ever touch on winning it all, and the cut throat nature that it takes to do so.

Ted is too soft to win the Cup, so he needs a GM that will make the hard decisions for him. George is not it.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:25 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
George is by nature a dumpster diver. He's hoping Wolski will be Brian Bellows, not Sergei Berezin.

It's foolish, but typical of this organization, under George.

Ted really cares about the attendance. Read his blogs... they talk about "brand" and "sell outs", and packing the building. They hardly ever touch on winning it all, and the cut throat nature that it takes to do so.

Ted is too soft to win the Cup, so he needs a GM that will make the hard decisions for him. George is not it.
Yep. Ted and GMGM never learn.

IafrateOvie34 is online now   Reply With Quote