HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Giroux points the finger at Sidney Crosby for causing his wrist injuries

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Giroux? More like Gir-bouxhoux

am I right?

Old
07-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Giroux plays for a team that employs Bobby Clarke. You want to talk about dirty? He should really shut the **** up.

Funny thing is...if Crosby were a Flyer, the Flyers fans would all be smirking about how tough their captain is and don't mess with him, etc.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Isn't this the kind of **** that Flyers fans get moist over with regard to their "Broad Street Bullies" of the 70s?

Old
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Amateur Hour

Wonder what the reaction on this board would be like if Sid said a Giroux slash broke his wrist.

Anyway, gotta be honest, it makes me giddy that we finally have a player you guys loathe as much as we do Crosby. Giroux is our very own bona fide Penguins killer, and it's beautiful (face it, you wouldn't hate him nearly as much if he didn't kill your team). Exactly what the rivalry needed. Nice to have a guy who ups his game against the Penguins instead of shrinking from the challenge or just not being able to hang with Sid and Geno in general (see: Richards, Carter).

Can't wait for our games next season and beyond. Penguins/Flyers is the rivalry that's going to elevate the NHL back into the American mainstream sports consciousness. Our end of the season meetings and the first round of the playoffs marked the first time since the lockout I remember non-die hard hockey fans saying they HAD to tune in to watch a game. Even the Bill Simmonds podcast and shows like PTI were extolling the series and how entertaining it was.

Best of luck in 2012-2013. Well, not really. Here's to hate-filled, wonderful bloodbaths between our teams.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Jaded-Fan

Meh. Pens had a bad week and a half and four games. People have been drawing too many conclusions from that since it happened, and overreacting.

Giroux is a great player. Does not change the fact that he also has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby. He is not there yet and may never get there.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

My favorite part is that one Giroux shift against New Jersey that caused him to get suspended. It's like the perfect distillation of every criticism Flyers fans drag out against Crosby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7X8lQ7azY

Never gets old.

I might boycott NHL 13 this year because he's on the cover.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:33 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik View Post
Hahaha. So Crosby says **** winning games, I'm going to injure the other guy's wrist. Right.
Crosby probably believed that punishing Giroux would increase the likelihood of winning. Get in his head. Nothing shocking or exciting here. It's a common philosophy in hockey and perfectly normal.

Now that Giroux has gone public with it, there will probably be some kind of retaliation. Hockey players have long memories. Sid plays with a lot of compete and full steam. It's actually a little brave to antagonize a roster that already doesn't like yours, from a player with a history of concussions. The Flyers now have this idea in their heads: "Trying to break G's wrists." "Trying to ruin the career of our superstar." when they see Sid on the ice. What is the proper level of response to that?

Will be interesting when they faceoff.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:35 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Schenn says hi.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:36 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Crosby probably believed that punishing Giroux would increase the likelihood of winning. Get in his head. Nothing shocking or exciting here. It's a common philosophy in hockey and perfectly normal.

Now that Giroux has gone public with it, there will probably be some kind of retaliation. Hockey players have long memories. Sid plays with a lot of compete and full steam. It's actually a little brave to antagonize a roster that already doesn't like yours, from a player with a history of concussions. The Flyers now have this idea in their heads: "Trying to break G's wrists." "Trying to ruin the career of our superstar." when they see Sid on the ice. What is the proper level of response to that?

Will be interesting when they faceoff.
Whatever Crosby did, the Flyers were already aware of it, and weren't looking to retaliate. I don't think they're quite stupid enough to get riled up over this article.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Wonder what the reaction on this board would be like if Sid said a Giroux slash broke his wrist.

Anyway, gotta be honest, it makes me giddy that we finally have a player you guys loathe as much as we do Crosby. Giroux is our very own bona fide Penguins killer, and it's beautiful (face it, you wouldn't hate him nearly as much if he didn't kill your team). Exactly what the rivalry needed. Nice to have a guy who ups his game against the Penguins instead of shrinking from the challenge or just not being able to hang with Sid and Geno in general (see: Richards, Carter).

Can't wait for our games next season and beyond. Penguins/Flyers is the rivalry that's going to elevate the NHL back into the American mainstream sports consciousness. Our end of the season meetings and the first round of the playoffs marked the first time since the lockout I remember non-die hard hockey fans saying they HAD to tune in to watch a game. Even the Bill Simmonds podcast and shows like PTI were extolling the series and how entertaining it was.

Best of luck in 2012-2013. Well, not really. Here's to hate-filled, wonderful bloodbaths between our teams.
the overwhelming reaction on the internet would definitely involve Crosby being called a baby for talking about it.

That said, I love Crosby becoming a jerk. If people are going to hate him anyway he might as well earn it. I hope he turns full heel this year.

Ya, Sid just got real

all orchestrated behind the scenes by this guy

Old
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
SIDGENO8771

Flyers logic: Anything bad for the Flyers happens, blame it on Crosby.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Schenn says hi.
Nah he is probably too busy diving. He is the biggest diver in the league. Now, i dont mind a little gamesmanship here and there, but even Flyers fans have to admit that his flopping was embarrassing in the first round.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Meh. Pens had a bad week and a half and four games. People have been drawing too many conclusions from that since it happened, and overreacting.

Giroux is a great player. Does not change the fact that he also has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby. He is not there yet and may never get there.
A bad week and a half and four games? Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. I live with two Penguins fans and they too were incredulous that the Flyers managed to beat the best team ever assembled in the history of hockey in a 7-game series.

I'm not mentioning Giroux in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby as if to put him on their level. I'm not delusional. What I am saying is that he is to us what Malkin and Crosby are to you. He is an elite, superstar level talent and our very own Penguins killer. Also, whether you choose to see it or not, Giroux shares a lot of the same intrinsic qualities with Crosby that make him such a special player. In fact, I've always thought that in terms of skill level, Crosby is Giroux's closest NHL comparison.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Oh Giroux. Stop weakening your wrists by tossing to pics of yourself.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
A bad week and a half and four games? Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. I live with two Penguins fans and they too were incredulous that the Flyers managed to beat the best team ever assembled in the history of hockey in a 7-game series.

I'm not mentioning Giroux in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby as if to put him on their level. I'm not delusional. What I am saying is that he is to us what Malkin and Crosby are to you. He is an elite, superstar level talent and our very own Penguins killer. Also, whether you choose to see it or not, Giroux shares a lot of the same intrinsic qualities with Crosby that make him such a special player. In fact, I've always thought that in terms of skill level, Crosby is Giroux's closest NHL comparison.
Heh. I am not the one so insecure that I felt the need to come to the other team's board and argue about it.

And yes, the overreaction to the Flyer's series, including by our own fanbase, is mindboggling. I bet you believe that Schenn is gonna shut Malkin down for the rest of both their careers too, right? You guys can be so cute at times.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:47 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrian View Post
Whatever Crosby did, the Flyers were already aware of it, and weren't looking to retaliate. I don't think they're quite stupid enough to get riled up over this article.
Hockey players have long memories. The playoffs is not always the right time or place, despite all the other nonsense that went on. Giroux may want to resolve it himself. Taking himself out of the series at that time would have been bad.

.... and troll Sidney is the best Sidney. Flyer's fans enjoy hating him. It would be horrible without him.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Giroux is our very own bona fide Penguins killer, and it's beautiful (face it, you wouldn't hate him nearly as much if he didn't kill your team).
While I agree with you (there were plenty of Penguin fans who fawned over him before the playoffs), couldn't the same be said on your board about Crosby? And if you did, what do you think the reaction would be? Sure, you'd have some people who would take him in, but how many others would gnash their teeth and call him names saying they don't want that kind of player on their team?

And I have no problem with fans of other boards coming over, at least not all of them, but I hope you realize that when you and the other spies come over here, some of the things said here are just as ridiculous as some of the things there.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:50 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Heh. I am not the one so insecure that I felt the need to come to the other team's board and argue about it.

And yes, the overreaction to the Flyer's series, including by our own fanbase, is mindboggling. I bet you believe that Schenn is gonna shut Malkin down for the rest of both their careers too, right? You guys can be so cute at times.
I think you mean Couturier.

Just happy to contain Malkin at all. Hope it keeps up.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Jaded-Fan

See you next year with a full year of Crosby, and hopefully a lot less injuries.

I am sure that you are right that the Pens are going to give up 5 and 6 goals again the entire year next year, because, well, we can draw very accurate conclusions from small sample sizes. In any event let's not derail the thread from pointing out the hypocracy of Philly's players and fan base, which is the proper place focus should be.

Thanks for coming and playing. Collect your door prizes on the way out.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 View Post
What the hell is that? No seriously and what was the last one I really wanna know.
He is the former King of Finland. His face used to be printed on former finnish currency. Proof:

Old
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
He is the former King of Finland. His face used to be printed on former finnish currency. Proof:
You are starting to frighten me.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Don't stare into its eyes!

Old
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

Yes, insecurity is what brought me here. Am I really that transparent? Again, I know that it sucked to watch your team -- the best team ever assembled, a juggernaut that would romp to the finals -- fall apart in round one to your most hated rival. Especially after how smug you guys were. There will be plenty more playoff series between us where revenge can be exacted.

I don't believe that Schenn is going to shut down Malkin for the rest of their careers. I do, however, believe that Couturier will fair just fine against your beloved Geno, especially as his frame starts to fill out. You can dismiss his talent all you want, it'll just have to be played out over time. His impressive performance against Malkin when the two were on the ice against each other this past season is indisputable. As for Schenn, he's going to be a better version of Mike Richards in due time, and I look forward to watching him matched up against Crosby. He's a rare player with the strength to actually knock Sid off the puck, which is usually impossible.

Also, wink at someone else. I'm trying to talk hockey here, not get hit on.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

Claude who?

Old
07-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
See you next year with a full year of Crosby, and hopefully a lot less injuries.

I am sure that you are right that the Pens are going to give up 5 and 6 goals again the entire year next year, because, well, we can draw very accurate conclusions from small sample sizes. In any event let's not derail the thread from pointing out the hypocracy of Philly's players and fan base, which is the proper place focus should be.

Thanks for coming and playing. Collect your door prizes on the way out.
You think a lot of yourself, don't you?

Closed Thread