Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Going on exchange to Denmark

Old
08-27-2012, 09:17 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Going on exchange to Denmark

I will be leaving to Århus for an exchange semester in January and was looking for insight as to whether there is somewhere I could go watch some Danish hockey.. I also play (used to play competitive but not anymore) so if there is any info on teams in Århus or just drop in hockey would be appreciated. Also, if anybody has any tips regarding Århus or Denmark in general that would be great!

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:26 AM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

vCash: 500
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...595&year0=2012

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Jevo

Aarhus is not really a hockey town, so if you want to watch hockey at a decent level, your best bet is taking the train to Herning, Aalborg or Vojens.

IK Aarhus that Special One linked to is the only hockey club in Aarhus that I know of, there is a link to their website on the eliteprospects site. Their site doesn't seem to in English, but you can try contacting them via email, they will probably welcome with open arms, even if it's only for 6 months.

About Denmark in general, we don't like swedes either, so if you can't find anything to talk about, just throw in an off-hand comment about how stupid those swedes are.

Jevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Bank

You're gonna love Århus(Aarhus). Lovely city to be studying in... I would recommend that you try and find a way to Herning that isn't to complicated and the go see some hockey there. It's a bit shorter the Aalborg or Vojens and it's normally a place where some of the better prospects from Denmark start their career. Frans Nielsen(1 full season), Peter Regin(2,5 full seasons), Frederik Andersen(2 seasons as a backup) and Nicklas Jensen(1 full season) all put up significant numbers before leaving for Sweden/Canada.

Other than that there's not more to say other than congrats on getting to study in Denmark - Hope you enjoy it

Oh and Danish humor is often said to be a bit... special... Give it some time and it'll grow on you

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Thanks alot guys! I think I'll definitely try to get to Herning as I heard a family friend (Sami Blomqvist.. son of former NHLer Timo Blomqvist) signed there

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

My Toronto GF is from Aarhus.

From everything I've seen and heard, it's a lovely place.

Best of luck OP.

Four1 Lead is online now   Reply With Quote