HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The true blue!

Old
07-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Vxnation

vCash: 50
The true blue!

Hello everyone, long time viewer but wanted to get into the mix

After watching almost every gamelast year, some nights I would be proud and like what I see, other nights I would be embraced . Toward the end of the year it was just painfull. But I don't think we are in that bad of a predicament .

We lacked teamwork and I think it has. To do with committing to lines, and we lacked gumption, and power. I think a lot of you need to go back and re watch the pre season and early games of last year. We were playing with fire, does anyone remember when a certain d bag suspended one of our players for nothing? And then Neil dirt sacked ours and got no suspension .

The inconsistencies and fears revolving around suspensions makes it hard to play a gritty game.
The goalie situation is neither here nor there, in life sometimes u get a **** goalie haha, we just can only hope he recovers or we get a new one, without one of those things happening we will be a losing team this season

I see the roster for 2013 as so, let's be serious I can't see any more big trades happening .

Lupul-jvr-kessel

Kadri-grab-MacArthur -* frattin if MacArthur is traded

Kuli-bozak/Connelly-frattin

Stekel-mcclement-brown -or put komarov in for experience

I think this distributes skill across the top 3 and adds grit to each line
Switching Kadri at jvr could be done assuming that he shows something at training camp . But I like the kessel line to have some size in it and I like kadri to get a chance at top 6 minutes. Bozak proved if need be he can jump up there but I dont like how he plays small and feel the third line with him in could do damage .

DEFENSE
Phaneuf - gunnarson
Gardner/komi
Franson - holzer /liles

For me I don't likethe way the defense is on this team. Ideally we'd pick up a top dman and restructure

I like someone of substance with gardener, also someone who would at least try to stick up for him if some guy tries to get at our young d . I feel komis best chance at getting to form is with him he will feel like age needs to do well with him . Also he needs to be in a physical mind set. I like likes but I disagree with too soft of d dense and sometimes especially after his concussion I did not like how he played . It's good to have him in case hokzer is a bust but I think holzer makes our defense tougher to play against if he can also be physical

Goalies - Reimer. *
Scrivens

I really think we should either get a vet or pay dollars for a proven goalie untill ours prove themselves but I think we will be surprised this year

I know this is my first post so, hopefully some of what I said makes sense to the hockey boards

Vxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 312
I'm pretty curious to see where Kadri will slot

Thee Implication is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

vCash: 500
I'm not exactly sure what this post is supposed to be about.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:57 AM
1stoverall

Why would Liles be the 7th man out? He's one of our best D when hes not injured, not sure if this is a troll thread or not

1stoverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Vxnation

vCash: 50
No I'm not trolling . I Gave my reasoning above. We have gardener as a puck moving d on line 2 and I think line 3 I'd rather play franson over likes when holzer plays

Vxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:19 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vxnation View Post
Hello everyone, long time viewer but wanted to get into the mix

After watching almost every gamelast year, some nights I would be proud and like what I see, other nights I would be embraced . Toward the end of the year it was just painfull. But I don't think we are in that bad of a predicament .

We lacked teamwork and I think it has. To do with committing to lines, and we lacked gumption, and power. I think a lot of you need to go back and re watch the pre season and early games of last year. We were playing with fire, does anyone remember when a certain d bag suspended one of our players for nothing? And then Neil dirt sacked ours and got no suspension .

The inconsistencies and fears revolving around suspensions makes it hard to play a gritty game.
The goalie situation is neither here nor there, in life sometimes u get a **** goalie haha, we just can only hope he recovers or we get a new one, without one of those things happening we will be a losing team this season

I see the roster for 2013 as so, let's be serious I can't see any more big trades happening .

Lupul-jvr-kessel

Kadri-grab-MacArthur -* frattin if MacArthur is traded

Kuli-bozak/Connelly-frattin

Stekel-mcclement-brown -or put komarov in for experience

I think this distributes skill across the top 3 and adds grit to each line
Switching Kadri at jvr could be done assuming that he shows something at training camp . But I like the kessel line to have some size in it and I like kadri to get a chance at top 6 minutes. Bozak proved if need be he can jump up there but I dont like how he plays small and feel the third line with him in could do damage .

DEFENSE
Phaneuf - gunnarson
Gardner/komi
Franson - holzer /liles

For me I don't likethe way the defense is on this team. Ideally we'd pick up a top dman and restructure

I like someone of substance with gardener, also someone who would at least try to stick up for him if some guy tries to get at our young d . I feel komis best chance at getting to form is with him he will feel like age needs to do well with him . Also he needs to be in a physical mind set. I like likes but I disagree with too soft of d dense and sometimes especially after his concussion I did not like how he played . It's good to have him in case hokzer is a bust but I think holzer makes our defense tougher to play against if he can also be physical

Goalies - Reimer. *
Scrivens

I really think we should either get a vet or pay dollars for a proven goalie untill ours prove themselves but I think we will be surprised this year

I know this is my first post so, hopefully some of what I said makes sense to the hockey boards
Leafs need a proven NHL goalie. Without one they are in serious trouble. I'm having a hard time seeing how this team is going to be better than most NHL teams in the future. I look at the young stars and players on most teams and Toronto doesn't match up. Not trying to troll -- I'm a diehard Leaf fan -- but reality says to me Pitts, NYR, Philly, Wash, Car, L.A. Edm, Minny, and others all have a brighter future than the Leafs. Burke hasn't done anything special in his time here.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote