HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

London and Who Will Be In The Memorial Cup?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2005, 09:21 PM
trahans99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
The Hunters are idiots. They were idiots (Dumbo Dale especially) during their playing days, and they are idiots now.

Every single host team say's that!!!!! It's just the first time a team has been able to host the tourney before they actually won a league Championship.

Just to show you how idiotic the Hunters are: they drafted Rick Nash ... BIG MISTAKE Then the next year they drafted Corey Perry
Dylan Hunter, Danny Syvret, Marc Methot, Kyle Quincey ... oh and then traded Quincey and Bain for Schremp .. once again you stupid Hunters

they also drafted Steadman, kept Prust after be a walk on at a training camp ....

oh yeah and what about their first trades sending Chris Kelly and someone for Dennis Wideman ....

man on man are these Hunters very stupid, they don't know how to build a hockey team at all :lol

Old
01-24-2005, 10:37 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I don't think anyone can slam the Hunters for the team they've built; they've done an impressive job. However, as a coach, Dale is a complete ass behind the bench. Unfortunately, his players take their lead from him some nights.

Old
01-25-2005, 06:19 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I don't think anyone can slam the Hunters for the team they've built; they've done an impressive job. However, as a coach, Dale is a complete ass behind the bench. Unfortunately, his players take their lead from him some nights.

Still can't complain if there 40-4-2, he must be doing something right.

Old
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Just to show you how idiotic the Hunters are: they drafted Rick Nash ... BIG MISTAKE Then the next year they drafted Corey Perry
Dylan Hunter, Danny Syvret, Marc Methot, Kyle Quincey ... oh and then traded Quincey and Bain for Schremp .. once again you stupid Hunters

they also drafted Steadman, kept Prust after be a walk on at a training camp ....

oh yeah and what about their first trades sending Chris Kelly and someone for Dennis Wideman ....

man on man are these Hunters very stupid, they don't know how to build a hockey team at all :lol

Mark Hunter is an extremely smart GM, no doubt about it, I question Dale's intelligence and coaching ability.

Old
01-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Mark Hunter is an extremely smart GM, no doubt about it, I question Dale's intelligence and coaching ability.
Dale has his lapses in emotion, but he really is a great coach, he made the Knights competitive against the powerhouses come playoff time, even when the Knights were seriously lacking talent. In the last two years he has turned the Knights into the most responsible team defensively in the OHL and by a landslide. He also draws up great special team schemes, again dating back to before the Knights had so much talent, he always made the most of the talent he had on the PP, I mean who would have thought Ryan Hare had some offensive gusto in him after all?

He juggles lines a little much for my liking and he was terrible in his use of Rick Steadman (not a problem anymore), but other than that no complaints.

Old
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Dale has his lapses in emotion, but he really is a great coach, he made the Knights competitive against the powerhouses come playoff time, even when the Knights were seriously lacking talent. In the last two years he has turned the Knights into the most responsible team defensively in the OHL and by a landslide. He also draws up great special team schemes, again dating back to before the Knights had so much talent, he always made the most of the talent he had on the PP, I mean who would have thought Ryan Hare had some offensive gusto in him after all?

He juggles lines a little much for my liking and he was terrible in his use of Rick Steadman (not a problem anymore), but other than that no complaints.

I don't think his good points can outweigh his total lapses, like the famous example of benching Schremp last year and again just recently. If you don't play physical for him, you don't play, which leads to a very one dimensional team that has proven to be beatable in the playoffs, especially last year. All offensive stuf, like the PP, is handled by Jeff Perry, so Dale should not take all the credit for the Mike Stathopolous's and Ryan Hare's of the world.

Old
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I don't think his good points can outweigh his total lapses, like the famous example of benching Schremp last year and again just recently. If you don't play physical for him, you don't play, which leads to a very one dimensional team that has proven to be beatable in the playoffs, especially last year. All offensive stuf, like the PP, is handled by Jeff Perry, so Dale should not take all the credit for the Mike Stathopolous's and Ryan Hare's of the world.
Schremp also wasn't playing any defence and the Knights had a better record against Guelph in that series with Schremp on the bench, than they did with him playing a regular shift.

Perry was the head coach of Sarnia when Stathopolous and Ryan Hare were in London?? as a matter of fact Sarnia was the team that couldn't get any offense out of Hare. And I wouldn't say it was tough to get offense out of Stathopolous, he was/is a gifted offensive player.

Old
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Schremp also wasn't playing any defence and the Knights had a better record against Guelph in that series with Schremp on the bench, than they did with him playing a regular shift.

Perry was the head coach of Sarnia when Stathopolous and Ryan Hare were in London?? as a matter of fact Sarnia was the team that couldn't get any offense out of Hare. And I wouldn't say it was tough to get offense out of Stathopolous, he was/is a gifted offensive player.
I don't think Stathopolous was gifted offensively, like some players are, he worked hard for everything he got, and in his last couple years he started lighting it up more offensively.

I didn't mean to imply Perry was the one who got offense out of Hare and Stathopolous, but that apparently, Dale Hunter has never been in charge of the offensive game of the Knights, but I don't know the names of previous Knights assistants.

Closed Thread